The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (200/421) > >>

AmazingRace:
The Race does not allow teams to fly on certain airlines, am I right?

I was just reading up on an airplane crash in Mozambique that happened last week. The airline was LAM. It sounds familiar as I believe this was the airline teams flew on in TAR11 during the African leg there.

I know that these airlines do not have the best of safety records. But is there like a list of airlines or transport companies that the Race producers forbid them from flying on?

Vitoko:

--- Quote from: AmazingRace on December 07, 2013, 09:20:56 AM ---The Race does not allow teams to fly on certain airlines, am I right?

I was just reading up on an airplane crash in Mozambique that happened last week. The airline was LAM. It sounds familiar as I believe this was the airline teams flew on in TAR11 during the African leg there.

I know that these airlines do not have the best of safety records. But is there like a list of airlines or transport companies that the Race producers forbid them from flying on?

--- End quote ---

I read somewhere, probably on Ryan from S21 review of one of the early episodes of S23, that when teams need to travel somewhere production gives them a list of airlines they can use, I believe this to be true but I'm not so sure about it...

Air:

--- Quote from: AmazingRace on December 07, 2013, 09:20:56 AM ---The Race does not allow teams to fly on certain airlines, am I right?

--- End quote ---

I always guessed it was IATA or ICAO approved airlines?  :cmas5

theschnauzers:
The producers will restrict teams for safety, security, or other production related reasons. (In the early seasons, especially immediately after 9/11, Athens and Frankfurt had a poor security reputation, for example.) Other restrictions may be due to visa or other requirements specific to a certain country.

As far as I've read over the years, there is not a master list as such, it has to be adjusted for changes reflecting the safety, security, or other production related reasons I mentioned before.

SamualDude:
What would happen if a winner leaked that they actually won before the season even began to air or just finished filming? What would happen?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version