The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (200/430) > >>

SamualDude:
What would happen if a winner leaked that they actually won before the season even began to air or just finished filming? What would happen?

SuperTux:

--- Quote from: SamualDude on December 07, 2013, 11:10:51 PM ---What would happen if a winner leaked that they actually won before the season even began to air or just finished filming? What would happen?

--- End quote ---

I think I read it somewhere that if winners leak the news they'd be punished with a fine of 5 million dollars.

A similar case did happen in the first season of TAR Australia where someone leaked who the winners were before the finale aired. Seven channel was pissed off, but since the leaker was not a contestant, we didn't see any following lawsuit or fine.

theschnauzers:
To be more precise, if the leaker of such information signed a non-disclosure agreement, the network and the production can enforce that contract in court. The contract has what is called a liquidated damages provision that fixes the amount of damages for any breach of that agreement. It's been understood that the amount is either $5 million or $10 million, at least in the early seasons, an amount to cover the cost of producing the season.
It might be higher now.
The only time I am aware of such contracts actually were taken to court was for an early season of Survivor.
As to leaks, it was known that bets were places by some people who claimed to know the results of a couple of the early seasons of TAR, but that was resolved when the betting rooms in Las Vegas agreed not to take bets on the outcome of competition shows that had been filmed before broadcast.

Platrium:
What happens if a team receives a 24-hour penalty on a NEL?

stekay:

--- Quote from: Platinum on December 10, 2013, 07:40:02 AM ---What happens if a team receives a 24-hour penalty on a NEL?

--- End quote ---
Probably would make it an elimination and the next leg a NEL? No way they could catch up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version