The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (183/417) > >>

georgiapeach:
Remember "Follow that Plane"?? :funny:

stekay:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on October 22, 2013, 10:32:50 AM ---Remember "Follow that Plane"?? :funny:

--- End quote ---
:lol: That's vintage TAR :lol:

dryedmangoez:

--- Quote from: theschnauzers on October 21, 2013, 11:22:10 PM ---The "double leg" of the early seasons has evolved, folks.

Keep in mind that around TAR 14 to 18 the mandatory 12 hour rest period became a thing of the past, and that since there's no minimum period for a rest period between legs, there can be no rest period, which is what we saw, twice, in the season where those were introduced.

The use of "keep racing" continues from TAR 9, I believe as in TAR 6 the double leg was an improvisation in Hungary that happened to work. So I suspect that is where some of the confusion is coming from. The "keep racing" used to introduce the midpoint of a double leg; now it signifies when a no rest period pit stop takes place.

Don't overthink this, folks, it really isn't that hard to figure out; and we haven't seen a traditional double-length leg since the last visit to Sydney, IIRC.

--- End quote ---
Yes, I know about Hungary and begging and all the other "keep racing" legs in TAR8 at the farm or Romber in TAR7.
So your simple explanation pretty much says we now get no-penalty non-elimination Legs. 

I only ask because it seems unfair some saved teams have to deal with a Speed Bump and others don't.

Jobby:
We just have to deal with it? There are teams who came in last and all they had to do for Speedbump was to untie a bunch of tangled ropes :res: while some teams had to solve a really hard puzzle in Malawi or in the worst Speedbump IMO ever, serve water to loads of people in India, which the traffic was just time wasting and the people were countless!

I understand where you are getting from, but this is just like any "THIS LEG IS NOT OVER" legs like in TAR 7, TAR 9 and many of the earlier seasons... it would have been lame if Phil actually told the teams they are the last team to arrive, this is a keep racing leg... BUT YOU GET A SPEEDBUMP... right? (considering he doesn't announce like the prize that the first team won and send them off immediately)

Platrium:
Other than TBC legs, are there any other twists accidentally created?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version