The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (144/414) > >>

airn10:
I have been watching all former seasons again and am curious as to how production comes up with the dollar amounts that teams are given at the beginning of each leg.

Why not $400 instead of $392?

This is just one of many questions in my head about TAR.

ianthebalance:
The randomness of the amount is the beauty of it.

airn10:

--- Quote from: ianthebalance on January 23, 2013, 07:39:29 PM ---The randomness of the amount is the beauty of it.

--- End quote ---

Oh, I agree. I love it!

I was just curious if it was a calculated amount based upon the length of the leg and taxis needed.

I think it would be cool if it somehow referenced a former team or a past leg of another race.

Tarfan37:

--- Quote from: Airlinesguy on January 09, 2013, 09:13:19 PM ---What would happen if the Express Pass was used in an intersection task?

--- End quote ---

Most likely both teams would get to skip it... i say this because this happens when a fast forward is used as part of an intersection

apskip:

--- Quote from: airn10 on January 23, 2013, 07:30:58 PM ---I have been watching all former seasons again and am curious as to how production comes up with the dollar amounts that teams are given at the beginning of each leg.

Why not $400 instead of $392?

This is just one of many questions in my head about TAR.

--- End quote ---

My understanding is that World Race Productions uses a sophisticated model including the cost of non-airplane transportation, food allowance etc. in local currency. They make an adjustment just before the beginning of a race to the current exchange rate for the local currency.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version