Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 410639 times)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1175 on: June 22, 2014, 09:17:11 PM »
Has teams on earlier seasons used a (now defunct) airline like Continental Airlines, Northwest Airlines and Trans World Airlines?

I've definitely seen Northwest and Continental, I think.
"The Amazing Race shows the best and worst out of you. But if only negative things are shown, then it's probably you. - Jobby"

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1176 on: June 23, 2014, 05:43:47 PM »
Question that may already have been asked: are most teams recruited or they all actually apply? Curious if I can apply for a future season.

Offline Karpov617

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1177 on: June 23, 2014, 08:24:04 PM »
I think you need to apply to show interest in joining. But being interesting and a bit famous would speed your application. But you should always try to apply. :) Good luck!! :waves:
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:14:34 AM by Karpov617 »
This is familiar. I'm having flashbacks of death and almost dying. That's wonderful. - Debbie, S07E03

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1178 on: June 23, 2014, 10:55:55 PM »
APPLY!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #1179 on: June 24, 2014, 07:21:24 AM »
"The Amazing Race shows the best and worst out of you. But if only negative things are shown, then it's probably you. - Jobby"

Offline randyortonwwe

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Hi
« Reply #1180 on: June 30, 2014, 07:01:12 AM »
Question 1: Do former TAR contestants have reunions?
Question 2: Do greeters audition? Do they get paid?

Offline Karpov617

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1181 on: June 30, 2014, 07:54:57 AM »
Question 1: Do former TAR contestants have reunions?
Question 2: Do greeters audition? Do they get paid?

There's TARCon which is organized by fans every year (?) after the February-May season (?), and they invite racers to join. Some racers also make reunion parties at the finale, like what Jason & Amy did.

Greeters are hired by production, so they probably get paid. Audition I don't think so, but how they choose them is a mystery to me.
This is familiar. I'm having flashbacks of death and almost dying. That's wonderful. - Debbie, S07E03

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1182 on: June 30, 2014, 02:57:13 PM »
TARcon was held after every season, until season 23. I don't know if one was held after season 24, as the site's home location online (the forums at televisionwithoutpity.com) was closed by Bravo a few months ago, and I've not seen anything about subsequent events.

Racers do have their own group, and have been known to plan events for the start or the end of various seasons. These are private events, and generally aren't open to others except by invite. CBS has in the past at least invited the final three teams to either New York or L.A. for the finale, and to appear on a CBS show for the check presentation to the winner, but again, that doesn't seem to be happening these days.

Something to keep in mind, while TPTB did organize a tenth anniversary event in 2011-12, that was unusual for them, as there are now approximately 500 living Racers! Even a Racer get together now becomes a major production.
-- theschnauzers

Offline randyortonwwe

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • Hi
« Reply #1183 on: July 05, 2014, 02:41:48 AM »
1. Any racers who "Passed away?
2. Any racers who broke up? or hooked up?

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • toast
« Reply #1184 on: July 05, 2014, 06:09:24 AM »

Rogers family mother oops I don't remember her name :X
Margaretta
Nancy

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1185 on: July 05, 2014, 06:24:04 AM »

Rogers family mother oops I don't remember her name :X
Margaretta
Nancy
Renee
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity" - Nelson Mandela

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. " - Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #1186 on: July 05, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »
2. Any racers who broke up? or hooked up?
There's way too many dating/engaged/married teams for me to handle, but in general with fusioned racers...
DATED AFTER THE RACE: Brennan and Emily (TAR1), Tara and Alex (TAR2), Flo and Drew (TAR3), Eric and Danielle (TAR9) with obvious proof :lol:, Azaria and Christina (TAR12) as mentioned on Unfinished Business, and Dallas and Starr (TAR13).
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH November 2017
"I said to myself just don't look, just don't look. And I open my eyes and the canyon was right in front of me." ~Claire (from Brook & Claire; season 17, leg 8)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1187 on: July 05, 2014, 01:56:37 PM »
Not only dated! Azaria and Christina are happily married and the parents of an adorable boy!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Tar25fan

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1188 on: July 05, 2014, 06:19:19 PM »
Would have been a good team to bring back. What if they were on TAR18? If Christina got to F7 with Ron, I think they might have won

Offline Lemontail

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formerly TAR456
« Reply #1189 on: July 06, 2014, 08:14:00 AM »
In international TAR versions, where the eliminated teams go? Sequesterville?
Whatever.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1190 on: July 06, 2014, 10:16:00 AM »
In international TAR versions, where the eliminated teams go? Sequesterville?
Yes.
"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity" - Nelson Mandela

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. " - Robin Williams, Dead Poets Society

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1191 on: July 29, 2014, 08:55:43 PM »
How many teams have won four or more consecutive legs? (International versions included)
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1192 on: July 29, 2014, 09:46:07 PM »
How many teams have won four or more consecutive legs? (International versions included)
Nick & Starr, Meghan & Cheyne, Rachel & Dave, Natalie & Meaghan...
If there are any others, please add on to this list!

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1193 on: August 02, 2014, 03:16:25 AM »
Is this true?

Tim & Marie were originally invited, while this season was still airing, for The Amazing Race: All-Stars; however they declined and they were replaced by Leo & Jamal.

Source: Wikipedia Season 23 page

Offline SuperTux

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1194 on: August 02, 2014, 03:34:44 AM »
Is this true?

Tim & Marie were originally invited, while this season was still airing, for The Amazing Race: All-Stars; however they declined and they were replaced by Leo & Jamal.

Yes, it is. As far as I know, Tim said OK but Marie declined. There're 2 explanations: one says that it is enough to play once on TAR; the other is that Marie disliked how she was edited on the show.
好像用中文做签名档会比较酷。

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1195 on: August 02, 2014, 08:55:53 AM »
Is this true?

Yes. They were asked, they (Marie) did decline, Tim would have loved to race again.

Whether we can say they were "replaced" by Leo and Jamal is more problematic. It is possible that Leo and Jamal would have been  asked anyway, how the final cast teams would have worked out in that case is not clear.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1196 on: August 02, 2014, 11:04:19 AM »
Is this true?

Yes. They were asked, they (Marie) did decline, Tim would have loved to race again.

Whether we can say they were "replaced" by Leo and Jamal is more problematic. It is possible that Leo and Jamal would have been  asked anyway, how the final cast teams would have worked out in that case is not clear.
I would think that JJ/ Margie & Luke replaced Tim & Marie. Alas, we'll never know for sure.

Offline Platrium

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1197 on: August 03, 2014, 07:00:43 AM »
I once read that Gary & Mallory were replacements for Brook & Claire for TAR18. (also from Wikipedia)
Lowkey lurking until TAR returns.
I'm back!!!
Slowly fading now that TAR30 filming is over.

Offline Bookworm

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1198 on: August 03, 2014, 08:30:42 AM »
I once read that Gary & Mallory were replacements for Brook & Claire for TAR18. (also from Wikipedia)
Wikipedia SAYS that, but we'll never know. its possible, however.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1199 on: August 03, 2014, 08:58:27 AM »
I would think that JJ/ Margie & Luke replaced Tim & Marie. Alas, we'll never know for sure.

Margie and Luke were not replacements.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Custom Search