The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (231/275) > >>

redskevin88:

--- Quote from: Karpov617 on May 07, 2014, 11:43:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bookworm on May 05, 2014, 09:48:58 AM ---Does anyone know why Gary and Mallory were penalized for having maps in TAR18 Leg 8? Many teams have used maps to drive, and they weren't given a penalty.

--- End quote ---

WAIT! :ascared They were penalized?

--- End quote ---

It was actually in Season 17, during the Oman leg. They were eliminated so I guess the penalty didn't apply. 

Source: Wikipedia

--- Quote ---^ Gary & Mallory incurred a 30-minute penalty for possessing and using maps, which was explicitly prohibited in the clue. Already in last place, they were eliminated without the penalty being applied.
--- End quote ---

But in their TV Guide exit interview they mentioned that Nat & Kat also had the same map, so why weren't the doctors penalized?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Races-Gary-1025631.aspx

Karpov617:
If the penalty is real and Nat & Kat had the same map, then it didn't really matter. Since they were the last two teams, they would have the same exact penalty and it wouldn't make a difference in their placements. I guess editing just swept it under the rug since it didn't change their positions.

Platrium:
Which team received the record of getting the most penalties?

David:
Maybe it was having a map DURING a task? In that case, a team could have used it while another team did not? I do not remember, it is just a possibility.

cbacbacba1:

--- Quote from: David on May 13, 2014, 07:40:55 AM ---Maybe it was having a map DURING a task? In that case, a team could have used it while another team did not? I do not remember, it is just a possibility.

--- End quote ---
maybe it is the water delivery detour they did on that leg where teams have to instruct their car drivers to somewhere
it would be unfair for teams who did not have map to complete the option

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version