The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (228/421) > >>

Lemontail:
Are TV network CEO and founder/(Unrelated to TAR) TV show producers are allowed to participate?

RachelLeVega:

--- Quote from: redskevin88 on May 14, 2014, 06:20:32 AM ---
--- Quote from: Platrium on May 13, 2014, 06:56:34 AM ---Which team received the record of getting the most penalties?

--- End quote ---

In TARA 4 Hussein and Natasha got 3 4-hour penalties on three separate legs*  for a total of 12 hours of time penalties.

*Depending on your personal views on double length legs

--- End quote ---
Hussein & Natasha would have the longest amount of penalties that they have overcame.
Mark & Michael still had 4 penalties, 2 in each of the Thai Legs.

Platrium:
What will happen if the last team has a time credit? Will the 2nd to the last team have to wait at the pit stop and wait for the last team or what will happen exactly?

Karpov617:

--- Quote from: Platrium on May 27, 2014, 06:19:33 AM ---What will happen if the last team has a time credit? Will the 2nd to the last team have to wait at the pit stop and wait for the last team or what will happen exactly?

--- End quote ---

That is one of the things that has bothered me but is never explained by the show. As far as I know, time credits are added to the teams's time retroactively (at the pit start). So even if the last team has a time credit that could bump up their placement, they would still get eliminated. I think this happens because time credits are calculated only after teams have reached the pit stop.

But of course, I'm not sure. ???

theschnauzers:
The closest we've seen goes all the way back in seasons one and three, when a penalty against another team took the last arriving team out of last place, and a scene was filmed involving the teams and Phil informing the team of the penalty that changed the eliminated team.

I think the producers ar well aware of what triggers production credits and makes a major effort to avoid those things from happening on the final leg in particular. I think that explains the lack of self-driving and the minimal use of mass transit anywhere on the final legs. (It's easy enough to have extra camera crew teams at each cluebox and tasks on the final leg to take over following the teams to the finish mat.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version