The Amazing Race > The Amazing Race Discussion

Amazing Race Questions

<< < (227/418) > >>

Air:
2 hours for incorrectly completing the Roadblock would be my guess.

redskevin88:

--- Quote from: Platrium on May 07, 2014, 04:20:28 AM ---In a leg with 2 roadblocks, in which the 2nd must be performed by the team member who sat out on the 1st, if a team disregarded this not rule/note intentionally, what penalty would they get? 30min, 4h, or others?

--- End quote ---

I think they would just flat out refuse to give the clue until the right person re-do, like for example see Rob & Kelley in S21, when the Rob did the Fallopian tubes roadblock wrongly, the person didn't give the clue and he had to re-do the roadblock.

Karpov617:

--- Quote from: Bookworm on May 05, 2014, 09:48:58 AM ---Does anyone know why Gary and Mallory were penalized for having maps in TAR18 Leg 8? Many teams have used maps to drive, and they weren't given a penalty.

--- End quote ---

WAIT! :ascared They were penalized?

redskevin88:

--- Quote from: Karpov617 on May 07, 2014, 11:43:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bookworm on May 05, 2014, 09:48:58 AM ---Does anyone know why Gary and Mallory were penalized for having maps in TAR18 Leg 8? Many teams have used maps to drive, and they weren't given a penalty.

--- End quote ---

WAIT! :ascared They were penalized?

--- End quote ---

It was actually in Season 17, during the Oman leg. They were eliminated so I guess the penalty didn't apply. 

Source: Wikipedia

--- Quote ---^ Gary & Mallory incurred a 30-minute penalty for possessing and using maps, which was explicitly prohibited in the clue. Already in last place, they were eliminated without the penalty being applied.
--- End quote ---

But in their TV Guide exit interview they mentioned that Nat & Kat also had the same map, so why weren't the doctors penalized?

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Amazing-Races-Gary-1025631.aspx

Karpov617:
If the penalty is real and Nat & Kat had the same map, then it didn't really matter. Since they were the last two teams, they would have the same exact penalty and it wouldn't make a difference in their placements. I guess editing just swept it under the rug since it didn't change their positions.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version