Watch the Houseguests 24/7 with the Big Brother Live Feeds only on CBS All Access. Sign up now and try 1 week FREE!

Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 67706 times)

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Charla & Mirna's Hong Kong takeover
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #400 on: July 20, 2016, 08:47:08 AM »
I recently rewatched and TARAus2 and I think that is one of the reasons why I think it is so good is because there is a lot of time spent on character development and the rivalry of everyone vs. Paul & Steve, and just the drama between all of the teams. And even if there was not drama within some teams, I feel like there was a lot of character development of the teams, like Lucy and Emilia, Sticky & Sam, Sue & Teresa, etc. There is not as much focus on the tasks, and while they are present, they are more about beating the other teams and being competitive and/or about enjoying the tasks and the race.
This and a trillion! TAR Australia 2 is the first international version of the race I watched and everything from that season is perfectly seamed together and all the teams were very memorable from the team-based editing, especially Lucy & Emilia, Sticky & Sam, and James & Sarah. I hope next season can follow this style. The U.S. version needs sprucing, cleaning and freshening to say the least. :tup:
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH September 2016
"Why are we in America and no one speaks English?" ~Brent (of Brent & Caite from season 16, leg 12)

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #401 on: July 20, 2016, 01:02:10 PM »
Nah...I would say the editing got bad starting with S14 when airport-drama was cut to almost nil. In addition, producers focused more on troubling, less fun fights (Luke vs. Kisha) and wanted more shock value.

Cairo is indeed amazing, I cannot believe Colin & Christie still ended up arguing after being more than 12 hours ahead ON A FAST FORWARD :lol: :lol: :lol: <3

The episodes are amazing as the production spent most of the time on teams development and finding flight
In most of the episodes, the tasks are not the main focus of the episodes

Yeah, the task-based editing began from TAR9 and sadly got worse from there :(

Offline TheBayAreaGuy

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: Re: TAR 29 Speculation and Discussion of **SPOILERS**
« Reply #402 on: July 20, 2016, 01:06:10 PM »
Nah...the beginning 3-4 of TAR26 drag it down in season rankings.

Don't forget Season 1 & 2 as both are awesome and fun seasons! (And 9 also!)

TAR26 is a top 10 season (TAR3/5/6/8/11/12/17/18/25 being the other 9) aside from the ending 
\_(ツ)_/

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Bridlegend <3
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #403 on: July 20, 2016, 06:06:47 PM »
TAR9 sucked lol I legit only cared for MoJo and was meh/hated on everyone else overall.

Offline cbacbacba1

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #404 on: July 21, 2016, 05:13:48 AM »
TAR9 sucked lol I legit only cared for MoJo and was meh/hated on everyone else overall.
Watching BJ & Tyler and Eric & Jeremy being always ahead was extremely boring
The only exciting episode of that season for me is Oman, where the above two teams fell behind l

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #405 on: July 21, 2016, 03:17:31 PM »
I recently rewatched and TARAus2 and I think that is one of the reasons why I think it is so good is because there is a lot of time spent on character development and the rivalry of everyone vs. Paul & Steve, and just the drama between all of the teams. And even if there was not drama within some teams, I feel like there was a lot of character development of the teams, like Lucy and Emilia, Sticky & Sam, Sue & Teresa, etc. There is not as much focus on the tasks, and while they are present, they are more about beating the other teams and being competitive and/or about enjoying the tasks and the race.
This and a trillion! TAR Australia 2 is the first international version of the race I watched and everything from that season is perfectly seamed together and all the teams were very memorable from the team-based editing, especially Lucy & Emilia, Sticky & Sam, and James & Sarah. I hope next season can follow this style. The U.S. version needs sprucing, cleaning and freshening to say the least. :tup:

If you're talking about TARAus 3 it doesn't :(

Alternatively, find TAR Canada 2 and watch the first 11 episodes :tup:

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #406 on: July 21, 2016, 11:11:49 PM »

There is is a third Australian season...
"I enjoy reading because I enjoy following adventures if fictional characters and it escapes me to another world."

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #407 on: July 22, 2016, 01:45:00 AM »

He's saying TARAus 3 doesn't have the same feel as TARAus 2.

Offline TAR456

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chanel #3 aka Sadie Swenson <3
« Reply #408 on: July 22, 2016, 01:51:12 AM »

Actually he (first person) doesn't aware that TAR Aus 3 has already aired with different feel and style than TAR Aus 2.
I only care about female team to win or final 3!
----
"If they are just thanking, then the world revolved around us to be fine."

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Charla & Mirna's Hong Kong takeover
« Reply #409 on: July 23, 2016, 01:42:13 PM »

Actually he (first person) doesn't aware that TAR Aus 3 has already aired with different feel and style than TAR Aus 2.
Oh, whoops. I didn't think that phrase would cause a lot of confusion at first.

I meant I hoped TAR29 will follow the team emphasis on the race rather than centralizing on tasks.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH September 2016
"Why are we in America and no one speaks English?" ~Brent (of Brent & Caite from season 16, leg 12)

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Sr. Member
  • 'Just Give Me The Amazing Race Australia 4'
« Reply #410 on: August 12, 2016, 05:48:31 AM »
My favorite tasks would have to be the challenge at the end, when they have to remember where they went.
My least favourite is the head-shaving FF, because it just gets repeated over and over again :gaah:
'A Visit To Melbourne Or Indeed Australia, Would Be Nice'

Offline gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Bridlegend <3
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #411 on: August 27, 2016, 06:34:57 AM »
My favorite tasks would have to be the challenge at the end, when they have to remember where they went.
My least favourite is the head-shaving FF, because it just gets repeated over and over again :gaah:

3x + 1x (TARAUS) =/= over and over again

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #412 on: August 27, 2016, 06:50:35 AM »

3x + 1x (TARAUS) =/= over and over again
Well I BELIEVE that the head-shaving is overused

Offline Pi

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #413 on: August 27, 2016, 06:52:46 PM »
Head-shaving: done 3 times
Australia: visited 4 times

So is Australia overused? :lol:
Leaderboard/wiki maker (PM me! :))

"If you do not want to be criticized, do not do anything, do not say anything and do not be anything." - Marian Wright Edelman

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #414 on: August 27, 2016, 07:22:21 PM »
Head-shaving: done 3 times
Australia: visited 4 times

So is Australia overused? :lol:

Certainly not. China has been visited 13 times, that is overused NOT AUSTRALIA! China was also visited LAST season, while Australia was last visited 10 seasons ago! The FF head-shaving is boring, when you have much other Fast Forwards, u can use again. Hope that answers your question

Online TARmap

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #415 on: August 27, 2016, 08:27:32 PM »
Well I BELIEVE that the Australia is overused :)

Still not as overused as LA  :funny:

Offline BourkieBoy

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #416 on: August 27, 2016, 08:31:10 PM »
Well I BELIEVE that the Australia is overused :)

Still not as overused as LA  :funny:

Haha, that's true

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #417 on: Yesterday at 08:16:33 AM »

Not relevant - a very good source informed me that Dan and Andrew were slated to be on UB but backed out at the last minute. Thoughts on how they would do/who they would replace?
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:46:09 PM by georgiapeach »

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #418 on: Yesterday at 03:45:42 PM »

Excuse me, I CAN ANSWER WHAT I WANT! I don't need YOU telling ME what to do!

Actually...as we have discussed...NO YOU CANNOT. Please read your PM's.

To all of you:

All off topic discussions are being deleted. Please everyone, remember the threads are to discuss the topic, and not each other. If you are concerned about a post, use the report to mod button, DO NOT RESPOND YOURSELF. Thanks!

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 03:54:41 PM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Custom Search