Author Topic: TAR 18 Ep 3: "We Had a Lot of Evil Spirits Apparently" (Japan)  (Read 91010 times)

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Ep 3: "We Had a Lot of Evil Spirits Apparently" (Japan)
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2011, 03:24:31 AM »
Can I just say how much I hate that in these later seasons, teams are managing to all get on the one flight. Whatever happened to getting crazy connections through random cities and then running to transfer desks to get standby tickets on earlier flights. Very disappointing :(
It's called the TPTB-got-tired-of-waiting-for-teams-who-deviate-from-the-normal-route-and-end-up-checking-in-hours-behind-the-leading-team-thus-forcing-longer-Pit-Stops-or-messing-up-with-Phil's-logistics-so-they-chose-to-micromanage-flights effect

Yeah in All-Stars, Eric & Danielle and Joe & Bill ended up so far behind the leading teams, Dustin & Kandace were already doing the next leg. And Uchenna & Joyce got so far behind, even Oswald & Danny already got eliminated...

Offline SkyWriter9

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2011, 03:36:42 AM »
My spec:
The Detour is either dancing or mud slinging. The Roadblock the the arrow task. The cold water task is a Route Info task.
Of course the dancing could be the RB and the arrow is part of that somehow.

BTW, good job Slowhatch!

What dancing are you talking about? If you are referring to caps 4, 5 I think that's more like preparation movements for the horseback archery.
As for the Detour for me it could be something like Clean or Dirty, as in cleanse your soul in the cold water or get dirty in the mud.

Horseback archery? What do you mean?

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2011, 03:48:29 AM »
My spec:
The Detour is either dancing or mud slinging. The Roadblock the the arrow task. The cold water task is a Route Info task.
Of course the dancing could be the RB and the arrow is part of that somehow.

BTW, good job Slowhatch!

What dancing are you talking about? If you are referring to caps 4, 5 I think that's more like preparation movements for the horseback archery.
As for the Detour for me it could be something like Clean or Dirty, as in cleanse your soul in the cold water or get dirty in the mud.

Horseback archery? What do you mean?

I mean the yabusame, archers shooting at targets while riding. Look at peach's comments she found  a yabusame school.
If you look at the caps you can see Kent dressed in a costume, holding a bow and arrow sitting on a saddle, something like those fake rodeo bulls.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2011, 04:02:59 AM »
Not me! It is all Slowhatch...   :hearts:

y'all need to read his posts VERY carefully!

Now we just need to find a yabusame school.

Good work Tarjunkies! I like your banner match!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2011, 07:54:23 AM »
Can I just say how much I hate that in these later seasons, teams are managing to all get on the one flight. Whatever happened to getting crazy connections through random cities and then running to transfer desks to get standby tickets on earlier flights. Very disappointing :(

In the past, the races were more flight based than task based. Therefore, they were based more on luck than skill.
Gone are the days of teams checking in hours behind other teams because they missed a risky connection or something like that. I tend to like the task-based model TPTB use lately from a viewer's standpoint, but after playing fantasy races, I like the flight-based model better!

The blandness of the air segments of many Amazing Races is due to World Race Productions attempting to control those races tightly. Much of the time racers have to just accept a predetermined flight. Oh, how I long for the chaos of AR4, AR5, AR6 and AR7 where flight choices were dramatic and the most important determinant of the outcome of those races.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2011, 09:28:45 AM »
It would be nice to get a time off that watch. Thanks to TJ we know the car was pointing (mostly) south during the accident, so the sunlight seems to be coming from the west. Why would they be driving out of Shibuya (the producers really like that part of town)? Not another tube hotel, I hope. Maybe the indoor archery is there, or maybe it's just an unrelated info stop.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2011, 10:02:09 AM »
It is puzzling that they are headed south. The impression I got was that they have not done any tasks yet. Had they already participated in mud/water activities they would probably look like it. However if they were on their way to do tasks in the Fuji region they would be headed north or east. Perhaps they had a RI stop in a northern region of Tokyo and are headed south to Kamakura for the archery (roadblock??).
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2011, 11:46:21 AM »
I think I put up the best cap for the watch but will relook tonight...
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2011, 06:38:11 PM »
Promo!!!

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2011, 06:40:05 PM »
I think the RB is the bow and arrow, and the detour is mud/dirty or water/clean  ;)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2011, 06:41:32 PM »
Spec that archery is a RB reinforced. (Interesting that they show the real yabusame)

Jaime and Cara in trouble with police.

Mel and Mike in an ambulance.

The mud thing is sliding. None of the teams doing the mud are shown doing the waterfall. On the waterfall task, teams must have to stay upright under the water's force for a certain amount of time.

We also get probably purposeful looks at Tsurugaoka Hachiman-gu shrine and Mt. Fuji. This makes me think the car parking thing is not a random shot.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:40:31 PM by The Prophet »

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2011, 06:43:23 PM »
Spec that archery is a RB reinforced.

Jaime and Cara in trouble with police.

Mel and Mike in an ambulance.

The mud thing is sliding. None of the teams doing the mud are shown doing the waterfall.

What is that vehicle switcher contraption?

idk. It might not be anything since they have shown S15 clips, but Ive never seen  the car and the race before  :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2011, 06:46:46 PM »
Here is an interesting look at parking in Japan, particularly this section:
There are parking lots where the driver must drive onto a Ferris Wheel of sorts and the car is taken for a ride of its own. The operator of the lot must make all the cars go around until the right one appears when the driver is ready to leave!

This too, apparently they are pretty common.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 06:58:38 PM by The Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2011, 07:04:03 PM »
Someone gets hypothermia on this leg, if anyone remembers.

Do you think Mel is hurt or cold in this shot? They clearly did the mud at some point.

Someone is saying something about being cold and they do get eliminated.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2011, 07:38:47 PM »
Could these two shots be from some sort of rail station?

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2011, 09:13:08 PM »
This team seems to be still at the mud in the late afternoon.

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2011, 09:21:04 PM »
So From The Video...

Flight Time & Big Easy, Ron & Christina do the Water Detour and

Kisha & Jen, and Mel & Mike do the mud detour

For The Roadblock It looks like Jen, Luke?, and Ron are doing it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2011, 09:22:57 PM »

RACERS TRAVEL TO JAPAN WHERE ONE TEAM IS FORCED TO PLAY CATCH-UP AFTER A CAR CRASH FORCES THEM TO THE BACK OF THE PACK,
ON "THE AMAZING RACE," SUNDAY, MARCH 6

"We Had a Lot of Evil Spirits Apparently" (Japan) — While in Japan, one team's hopes are shattered after a car crash jolts them to the back of the pack, and Racers get down and dirty in a pile of frigid mud, on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 6 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.  Phil Keoghan is host.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2011, 09:23:33 PM »
Will try to cap the promo tonight...if I can stay awake! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2011, 09:58:44 PM »
In Detour A, father/daughter team Ron and Christina  must take part in a Shinto religious cleansing first by learning a prayer that is both vocal and physical then standing under an icy waterfall for two minutes in orer to receive the next clue

In Detour B, goth friends Vyxsin and Kent  must dive into an enormous mud pit and search for a buried frog, a good luck symbol in Japan, while being pelted with clumps of mud by onlookers in order to receive the next clue

In this Road Block, Jen must dress as Samurai and practice the demanding skill of shooting a bow and arrow atop a wooden horse. Once she hits the target, she will receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE

pics later!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline em83

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2011, 11:16:23 PM »

Looks like Central Station in Sydney.

Mel & Mike look like they are heading out the Railway square entrance (from memory there is a taxi rank here); While Jet & Cord appear to waiting on Plat. 23 which is where the airport train departs at Central.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2011, 12:29:10 AM »
 All photos by Robert Voets/CBS

In Detour B, goth friends Vyxsin (left) and Kent (right) must dive into an enormous mud pit and search for a buried frog, a good luck symbol in Japan, while being pelted with clumps of mud by onlookers in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE.

We Had a Lot of Evil Spirits Apparently (Japan) -- In Detour A, father/daughter team Ron (center) and Christina (right) must take part in a Shinto religious cleansing first by learning a prayer that is both vocal and physical then standing under an icy waterfall for two minutes in orer to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 6 (8:00-9:00...

-- In Detour A, Globe Trotters Big Easy (left) and Flight Time must take part in a Shinto religious cleansing first by learning a prayer that is both vocal and physical then standing under an icy waterfall for two minutes in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE

In Detour B, cowboy brothers Jet (left) and Cord (right) must dive into an enormous mud pit and search for a buried frog, a good luck symbol in Japan, while being pelted with clumps of mud by onlookers in order to receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE

In this Road Block, Jen must dress as Samurai and practice the demanding skill of shooting a bow and arrow atop a wooden horse. Once she hits the target, she will receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE, Sunday, March 6

In this Road Block, Justin must dress as Samurai and practice the demanding skill of shooting a bow and arrow atop a wooden horse. Once he hits the target, he will receive the next clue on THE AMAZING RACE

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2011, 12:29:49 AM »

Looks like Central Station in Sydney.

Mel & Mike look like they are heading out the Railway square entrance (from memory there is a taxi rank here); While Jet & Cord appear to waiting on Plat. 23 which is where the airport train departs at Central.

Thank you em83 and :welcome2: to RFF!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2011, 12:48:30 AM »
CAPS!

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2011, 12:48:46 AM »
more...

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 12:57:26 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule: