Author Topic: The X Factor US: Season 1 - SEASON OVER!  (Read 50610 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: The X Factor US: Season 1
« Reply #150 on: November 18, 2011, 04:28:37 PM »
Stacy Frances intervew:

'X Factor's' Stacy Francis on Elimination: 'Obnoxious' Astro's Save 'Is a Hard Pill to Swallow'
The Fox competition's newest eliminated singer weighs in on the 14-year-old M.C.'s behavior and reveals her regrets.
November 18
2:04 AM PST 11/18/2011 by Jethro Nededog

From Day 1, Stacy Francis was a frontrunner for the inaugural X Factor title. When the single mother of two children appeared on the series premiere, she was filled with insecurity. But, she won the audience over with her story of self-doubt, telling executive producer and judge Simon Cowell, “I don’t want to die with this music in me,” and then releasing a rendition of “Natural Woman” that brought the audience to its feet.
our editor recommends
Simon Cowell Picks Up Nearly 300K Twitter Followers in a Day
'X Factor' Burning Questions: Why Did Drew Shorten Her Name, Was Rock Theme Too Loosely Defined and How Upset Was Stacy Francis?
'X Factor': Chris Rene Wears Controversial Rocawear 'Occupy' Shirt
'X Factor' Redux: Josh Krajcik Makes Rock Week While Others Punk Out (Video)

PHOTOS: 'X Factor' Behind the Scenes As The Top 11 Work Out the Week's Performances

Over the course of the competition, she never really took her eye off the prize. She did, however, seem to have a conflict of identity. It didn’t help that she found herself in a storm of criticism that tried to make her out to be a fraud.

“It comes with it,” Francis says of the controversy after Thursday’s show. “You know, you have to build a thick skin. And this show has taught me how to be more of a fighter. You got to fight back. You can’t be a punk. You have to get yourself through it and you have to fight back. I didn’t always do that before.”

On Thursday night, Francis found herself fighting one more time to stay in the competition with fellow contestant, Astro. And despite the M.C.’s lack of sportsmanship, the judges voted 3-1 in favor of eliminating her.

EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS: Inside Simon Cowell's 'X Factor' Trailer

Francis spoke to a small group of reporters after the show and weighed in on Astro’s behavior, revealed her regrets, and discussed her plans for the future.

Did you understand what Astro was doing when he said he didn’t want to perform?

Stacy Francis: When he did it, I thought he was using it as a tool to amp up the audience. And I was standing there like, ‘Damn, he’s about to kill it.’ I thought it was like him pulling the ‘I’m just going to trick you all. We’re going to turn this around.’ But when he didn’t, I was like, ‘What! What just happened?’ So, I don’t know. He’s a true artist and some people get away with that. You know, America sometimes likes that cockiness, too. So, it’s kind of hard to tell. It’ll be interesting to see.

What are your thoughts on Astro’s behavior?

Francis: I’m very confused by Astro’s behavior, because I think in that moment you should be pleading for your life and not throwing it away. I think Simon likes a little rebellion and he might respect Astro a little bit for being so rebellious.

I don’t understand his behavior. I mean, he’s 14, and you can call him a teenager and give him an excuse. But, bad behavior is bad behavior. I think that he wasn’t gracious in that moment. And I think in the whole scheme of things, no matter what you have to be grateful.

What advice would you give him?

Francis: I would tell him to be a little more humble. I’ve lived 40 years to get here. And he’s 14 and he’s blessed to be so young. I don’t know if he’s as gracious as he should be or honored. He’s not honoring God for the blessing right now.

Continue reading
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #151 on: November 18, 2011, 04:44:18 PM »
When Stacy auditioned, she was wonderful. I thought for sure she'd be in the finals but something happened as the weeks went by. She lost what made her special. Poor song choices, and not being true to herself. I wish her well.

Astro is something else. He has an attitude that needs to be set straight by someone. Not wanting to sing in a fit of petulance will not serve him well.

Stacey used to be one of my favorites, until controversy surfaced about her previously recording albums. But even then I still kind of liked her. I think Nicole has a negative effect on all her people. She may need to be replaced next season.

IMO, Astro's age came out when he found out he was in the Bottom Two. I don't think he expected to be in that position, so he was trying to hide the fact that he was scared and confused by being arrogant. But I do agree, he needs to work on that attitude.

I'm still rooting for the three girls. :)
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #152 on: November 18, 2011, 04:45:27 PM »
Astro, hurt and not wanting to sing to stay.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/r9D4SAG3bK8?version" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/r9D4SAG3bK8?version</a>

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2011, 08:16:23 PM »
Um like what does anyone see in Marcus Canty? :groan:

But Melanie <33333 OMG coming out of her shell <33333

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2011, 08:39:04 PM »
Um like what does anyone see in Marcus Canty? :groan:

But Melanie <33333 OMG coming out of her shell <33333

I thought Marcus was awful this week. He's going further downhill every week and I want to like him. Melanie, so far, best tonight!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2011, 09:02:09 PM »
Rachel was first. I never know what to think about her, she did not have any slip-ups or mistakes but it was sort of forgettable. I don't think she is in danger even though she went first but I don't think she deserves to go to the final right now. The judges only talked about how she is a great person like they always do, but is she performing at a winning level?

Marcus is a mess. I have never liked him but somebody must because he has never been in the bottom. His performance was the worst of the night. He should go home this week. :/

Melanie never falters and she didn't this time either. It was a very strong performance and once again a slightly different genre and sound as she does each week. The one flaw you could find in her is that she seemed overly professional and reserved most of the time. Tonight she reminded everyone that she is just a nineteen year old girl who is looking to fulfill her dreams. That was a very effective moment and I think many will find it the most memorable of the night which is good for her.

Chris was next with his R&B version of the standard of these sort of shows, Let It Be. I don't really love Chris but he did okay this week. His eventual reversion to his audition song makes it seem like he is a one trick pony though. The reason he should stay this week is that he is unfortunately the best of the boys group. :groan:

Lakoda Rayne always sounds the same to me. They still struggle with harmony and blending. They're in the same boat as Chris, good enough to stay for now but not forever. That group is a hard place to be because it is easy to be hard on them because others are simply more talented.

Leroy did well as he usually does and was a bit boring as he usually is. :lol: I hope he sticks around and I think he will because somebody is voting for him. He has a great voice and maybe he should just be who he is instead of trying to be flamboyant. I kind of like him. He is one of the ones LA needs to back off on and spend more time developing his lackluster group.

Astro did the same thing he always does but a bit worse. This was not even an altered version of a song but complete free style about why he needs to stay around basically. He landed in the bottom two before this drama so he is probably getting the boot tomorrow.

Drew did okay. She faltered a bit because the performance was not quite in her comfort zone, her voice is really difficult to handle. She is about equal to Leroy in talent, somewhere in the middle group. The problem with her is that LA picks on her way too much probably because he wants a girl gone to save his group. He needs to calm down about her song choices and make Astro do at least a different kind of hip hop and make Chris sing something but "Little Homie."

Josh closed out and did really well. This sort of thing suits his really good voice and was his best performance. Nicole finally settled down with him and he really improved. Right now he and Melanie look like the best.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 07:30:05 AM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #156 on: November 23, 2011, 07:26:27 AM »
I don't know if this is believable anymore but here are the Dialidol results: http://x.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp

I actually agree with their ordering this week with the exception of Chris being at the top. Tonight there will be a bottom three, the lowest vote getter will go home right away and then the judges will pick another one. I don't really think that Lakoda has outscored Drew when you count online and text votes so I predict Astro being the lowest vote getter and the judges sending Marcus instead of the girls.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2011, 07:43:29 PM »
SPOILERS

>>>Lakoda Rayne was sent home first, with the lowest number of overall votes

Marcus Canty and Leroy Bell are the Bottom Two this week
<<<

« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 08:38:41 PM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #158 on: November 23, 2011, 08:38:08 PM »
Elimination:

>>> LA voted to keep Marcus. Nicole and Paula voted to keep Leroy. Simon sent the tiebreaker to America by voting to keep Marcus. The one with the lowest votes was Leroy and he went home. He should have stayed longer than Marcus but he wouldn't have lasted much longer. Simon was either indifferent to these two or just felt like the one the voters liked less deserved to go. <<<

Another double elimination next week when the show returns to Wednesday/Thursday again.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #159 on: November 28, 2011, 06:13:05 PM »
The theme for this Wednesday night is Michael Jackson songs. They'res probably going to be some adaption to meet singers' genres.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #160 on: December 01, 2011, 07:47:27 AM »
Last night was Michael Jackson theme.

Josh went first and didn't do too well. He has many personalities and this time he was in the freaky one. His voice is always good but he really needs help with all the performance attributes. Unfortunately Nicole probably isn't going to get that right any time soon. He will probably survive with a possible surprise trip to the bottom 2.

Astro was second. He actually performed well when you take into account the fact that he is the only one who is always allowed to stay in his comfort zone. The judges should never complain about other contestants doing the same things until he changes. But again, he did pretty good. He is a good rapper and this was a slightly different style and a good performance as well.

Rachel was third. I thought she did pretty good, embracing the theme and being her typical self. Her voice is actually really good. The judges thought she wasn't as good as she has been but I disagree.

Drew went next. I liked her this week, it was one of her best performances. It was not her typical sound and the dramatic ballad allowed her to show some passion. The female judges griped about her not standing up which I sort of agree with but that is petty.

Next up was Marcus. He still doesn't sound very good but he may have put on enough of a show to survive. If he does stick around it's mostly because he got lucky with the genre. I hope to see him gone.

Chris went sixth and did even worse than Marcus. The singing portion was truly awful the rap was a little better. I don't see him surviving after that mess. Simon has always tried to support him because of his story but all he could come up with was that he hoped Chris' fan base saved him.

Melanie went last and was obviously the best of the night. Simon said he saved the best for last and they acted like it, giving her the full treatment of lights and effects. Besides that she always sounds amazing and did great on the dramatic piece. There is no way she is in danger.

Chris and Marcus should go unless Astro or Josh surprise us.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:50:53 AM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #161 on: December 01, 2011, 07:55:05 AM »
DialIdol has Astro being booted first and Josh and Drew being the bottom two. I really hope that isn't the bottom two but this thing hasn't been that accurate so far. It has never given Drew many points because a lot of her votes must not come through the phone lines. It has consistently ranked Chris high. I can't decide if that's a fluke or not.

http://x.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #162 on: December 01, 2011, 07:50:02 PM »
Show content
Astro was eliminated with the lowest number of votes

Drew and Marcus are in the bottom 2

Spoiler tags <333333

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #163 on: December 01, 2011, 07:59:12 PM »
Show content
Drew was sent home by a 3-1 vote :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan:

Marcus!! (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)

worst. result. ever.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #164 on: December 01, 2011, 08:03:56 PM »
Paula and Nicole

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #165 on: December 01, 2011, 08:48:27 PM »
I have always thought that the judges know the real results beforehand so the only thing I can figure is that Paula didn't want to tie it because Dialidol was right and
Show content
Drew
was the lowest and that would hurt her feelings.

But then they might just be crazy!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #166 on: December 01, 2011, 09:14:38 PM »
Show content
Drew was sent home by a 3-1 vote :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan: :groan:

Marcus!! (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;) (:;)

worst. result. ever.

We had company tonight so didn't get to see the results, but this is AWFUL!!! Just AWFUL!

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #167 on: December 02, 2011, 10:59:26 AM »
I am about as pissed off as Simon's face depicted the moment Paula sent Drew home. How could the judges send Drew home over Marcus? His emotional performance aside, Drew has it in her to win it, but I doubt Marcus would last any longer even if he survived this week. He was in the bottom two twice. Sigh... I echo what Prophet said. WORST RESULT EVER. Period.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #169 on: December 07, 2011, 09:31:53 AM »
nvm

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: The X Factor US: Season 1 LIVE STREAM UP NOW
« Reply #171 on: December 07, 2011, 06:55:15 PM »
Here's a stream if somebody wants to watch tonight: gone for now

phstream.com/2010/10/watch-fox-live-stream.html
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:46:45 PM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #172 on: December 07, 2011, 08:51:23 PM »
For tonight each performer sang two songs, the first a "dance hit" and the second their own choice.

Melanie was first. Her first song was interesting because it was a different genre for her and of course she did amazing at it! But her second song was even better. Absolutely incredible! I will put up a video of it as soon as I find one and dare anyone to say she doesn't deserve to win.

Marcus was second. His first song was one of his typical dance around performances. It sort of works but he is not of the same caliber as the rest. His second was a really boring and typical slow song. It was only memorable because it was so dull. He really doesn't stand a chance this week.

Rachel was next. Her first song was her typical performance, fun and energetic if not the most memorable and epic. Her second was her other side and was pretty good. She is a true artist an performer as a thirteen year old girl which is impressive. Her voice isn't the best but she probably deserves to go to the finale and is impossible not to like as a person.

Fourth was Josh. He is a real wildcard and his first song was his worse side. It was really uninteresting and karaoke with a cheesy set up. It rivaled Marcus' second song for worst of the night. His second was a lot better, the kind of rock ballad he excels at. I have to say though, that if not for his really good voice he would have nothing because his stage presence is awful.

Chris finished up. His first song was his usual R&B rap thing but it was probably one of his best showings. That's not saying a ton because he hasn't had the strongest ride but he seemed to hit his stride this week. His second showing was an original which was interesting because it was an acoustic performance and a different sound from him which he pulled off pretty well. He isn't the best but he probably earned a place in the final.

Bottom line: Marcus has to go home because he has run out of people to bounce off of. He is the worst remaining and everyone knows it.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 08:56:19 PM by Prophet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #173 on: December 08, 2011, 06:48:39 AM »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #174 on: December 08, 2011, 06:56:48 AM »
And here's this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/KAoG1Zni8Zo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/KAoG1Zni8Zo?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>