Watch the Houseguests 24/7 with the Big Brother Live Feeds only on CBS All Access. Sign up now and try 1 week FREE!

Author Topic: Australian Survivor 2016  (Read 1182 times)

Online gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Bridlegend <3
    • My Tumblr
Re: Australian Survivor 2016
« Reply #25 on: Today at 06:02:53 AM »
According to an RFFer I've talked to it's actually okay.

If they (Ten) wanted it to die, they would have dumped the show to 9:00 onwards. Keeping it in a prime slot (7:30) is good for the show's chances because they really want it to succeed (Ten).

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Full Member
  • 'Just Give Me The Amazing Race Australia 4'
« Reply #26 on: Today at 06:08:14 AM »
I actually now don't like three days a week. I think maybe it might be too much and people will get sick of it.
Yeah I'm thinking the same as well.

Speaking of ratings, the premiere was watched by 784k viewers (5th-6th overnight), while 734k (14th overnight) tuned into the second show. I don't know anything about Australian TV ratings, so can anyone tell me how good/bad this is?

I'm an Aussie and I have NO IDEA!
'A Visit To Melbourne Or Indeed Australia, Would Be Nice'

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #TeamMunchelle
« Reply #27 on: Today at 07:00:53 AM »
Those ratings are pretty average honestly. For premieres in Australia you're looking to get over the magic million mark (both The Block and 7's Zumbo's desserts both managed to do that). So in that sense, it's not doing too well.

I wouldn't worry though. There has been mass hype for Survivor in the lead up to the premiere and feedback from the public has been positive. Zumbo's show was apparently trash, so expect that to die off in the next few weeks. It's main competition will be The Block, probably why they've added in the Tuesday show to go head to head with it.

Gamer's right, if they thought we were doing shit it'd be dumped to a later timeslot, not given an extra episode at 7.30.

Online gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Bridlegend <3
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #28 on: Today at 09:33:40 AM »
http://www.popsugar.com.au/celebrity/Jonathan-LaPaglia-Interview-About-Australian-Survivor-2016-42265785

We're also tapped for 26 episodes.

PS: How did you find filming? It sounded like a looong shoot.

JL: The contestants were there for 55 days and I was on the island for 68. It was unbelievably tough. I really was not prepared for it at all! Our schedule is even tougher than the American one. They're 39 days, we're 55 days. They've got about 13 episodes, and we've got 26 episodes. We're double the number of episodes but not double the amount of time so that means that our schedule was more compressed than the US one. The US one is about a three-day cycle to shoot an episode, and we're a two-day cycle to shoot an episode. Every second night we were back at tribal council . . . it became brutal and exhausting.

That means with the current schedule, we're gonna end by October the 18th.

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: Today at 09:37:35 AM »
I actually now don't like three days a week. I think maybe it might be too much and people will get sick of it.
Yeah I'm thinking the same as well.

Speaking of ratings, the premiere was watched by 784k viewers (5th-6th overnight), while 734k (14th overnight) tuned into the second show. I don't know anything about Australian TV ratings, so can anyone tell me how good/bad this is?

I'm an Aussie and I have NO IDEA!

So why reply with that?  :groan:
"I enjoy reading because I enjoy following adventures if fictional characters and it escapes me to another world."

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #30 on: Today at 07:16:24 PM »
Those ratings are pretty average honestly. For premieres in Australia you're looking to get over the magic million mark (both The Block and 7's Zumbo's desserts both managed to do that). So in that sense, it's not doing too well.

I wouldn't worry though. There has been mass hype for Survivor in the lead up to the premiere and feedback from the public has been positive. Zumbo's show was apparently trash, so expect that to die off in the next few weeks. It's main competition will be The Block, probably why they've added in the Tuesday show to go head to head with it.

Gamer's right, if they thought we were doing shit it'd be dumped to a later timeslot, not given an extra episode at 7.30.

Surely, Survivor is beating Zumbo's Just Desserts...

Online gamerfan09

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Bridlegend <3
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #31 on: Today at 08:18:30 PM »

It's not. Google it.

Online BourkieBoy

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #32 on: Today at 08:32:38 PM »

It's not. Google it.

Wow...

Custom Search