Author Topic: TAR18: Jet McCoy & Cord McCoy (brothers/cowboys)  (Read 70986 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR18: Jet McCoy & Cord McCoy (brothers/cowboys)
« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2011, 08:35:02 AM »
Luke, how do you feel about the TAR 14 teams slaughter happening?

I wasn't too happy about that!! It's just odd how it happened. If it weren't for twists or superlegs. The order would have been Jet & Cord in 1st leg, Ron & Christina in 2nd leg, then it probably would be still Mel & Mel in 3rd leg, then Goths in 4th leg!!!!!

That would have been SO priceless to see the Cowboys go out FIRST!!! 

Most fans would have definitely been mad to see them get the boot first, including myself.
This is just my opinion.
Although I must admit that had they been eliminated they would have deserved it for sucking so badly at the roadblock.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline pipsy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2011, 08:37:31 AM »
GO Cowboys!!! I hope you will make in F3!!!

i happened to read jordan's tweets and i never knew there was so much hatred between the two teams.

also i know the line-cutting and first-class issue was the highlight of the finale in season 16 but i think it's a tad unfair to dan and jordan when the producers make it appear as though they were undeserving winners. just my two cents worth.

Yep, I had the misfortune of reading Jordan's tweets too and I have to say he seems a whole lot more bitter and angry than Jet.
I thought Dan and Jordan were two of the whiniest contestants ever to grace Amazing Race to be honest, plus the way the treated the locals was pretty awful.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2011, 09:01:38 AM »
GO Cowboys!!! I hope you will make in F3!!!

i happened to read jordan's tweets and i never knew there was so much hatred between the two teams.

also i know the line-cutting and first-class issue was the highlight of the finale in season 16 but i think it's a tad unfair to dan and jordan when the producers make it appear as though they were undeserving winners. just my two cents worth.

Yep, I had the misfortune of reading Jordan's tweets too and I have to say he seems a whole lot more bitter and angry than Jet.
I thought Dan and Jordan were two of the whiniest contestants ever to grace Amazing Race to be honest, plus the way the treated the locals was pretty awful.

What does Jet have to be bitter and angry about, exactly?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2011, 06:43:01 PM »
I thought we had dropped this issue a while ago
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2011, 08:17:48 PM »
I thought we had dropped this issue a while ago
:jam:

Offline Phat139

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2011, 12:55:49 AM »
I'm rooting for Je & Cord!! Hope they wil make it to the F3 and win 1 million buck!!  :yess:
You did very well, Jet & Cord... You still smiled and showed respect to each other as a team, even when you were eliminated...
So... now go Gary & Mallory!! Win for the cowboys!!

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #56 on: April 24, 2011, 10:23:06 AM »
Yeah same here, lets hope they make it through tonight.  :res:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #57 on: April 24, 2011, 08:02:05 PM »
 :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member

Offline Elven6

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #59 on: April 24, 2011, 08:13:14 PM »
A real shame that they were eliminated since they were one of the most competitive teams in the show. If the Globetrotters go next then the finale won't be as interesting or suspenseful in my opinion since they're pretty much the only remaining competitive team that you have to look out for.

I hope we get to see them again though, having to do the fondu challenge on top of everything else they experienced must have been killer! Would be interesting to know how much time it took them.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2011, 08:33:17 PM »
Can we stop with the smiley walls and leave this thread for posts with words instead?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2011, 08:47:05 PM »
Any post without words is likely to be deleted, fair warning.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2011, 08:51:24 PM »
I think that U-Turn was in a pretty bad part at the race. But that is just my opinion. If there was no U-Turn, Cowboys would be safe.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2011, 08:53:22 PM »
I think that U-Turn was in a pretty bad part at the race. But that is just my opinion. If there was no U-Turn, Cowboys would be safe.

If there was no U-Turn this leg, they'd still be out. Last place when they got to the U-Turn. Just further last because of it.

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2011, 09:21:05 PM »
I feel the cowboys only saw the challenges as the whole race. They didn't get that if everyone is on a flight, then taking a flight that arrives half an hour later is stupid. I'm not a cowboy fan, but I'm not gonna go dissin on them here. Those were my two (or three) cents.

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2011, 03:06:42 AM »
    It was not the u-turn that caused their elimination, they were last anyway and the only way for the Globetrotters to loose from them would be if they had lost their way to the pit stop.
    IMO the cowboys lost because they never bonded with the other teams. It was obvious from previous episodes that they kept to themselves, they didn't mingle with the other teams and that lead to their demise.
    We mustn't forget that TAR is not only a race but also a social game and alliances or at least good relations can be important. The cowboys didn't have that and that was obvious in at least 3 occasions in this race, a)in Sydney, when half the teams told the others the decoded message, but Jet never even thought of asking for help, b) in the flight from Calcuta to Varanasi and c) in the flight from Varanasi to Austria when the cowboys chose a different fight when they knew that all the other teams were together.
    Most obvious example of their aloofness was in this episode when Jet didn't stick with Gary during the RB, if he had worked with him, they wouldn't be eliminated.

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2011, 03:31:05 AM »
good point, i worried about that from leg 1 in Australia.

It was a bad sign.

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:34:05 AM by GeKKou »

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2011, 07:24:25 AM »
 :wohoo: In the words of Lance 'bastards should have been want home (at the end of leg one)'
Thanks for the memories but it was time to go. The world say NO to discrimination!!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2011, 07:54:34 AM »
Jet and Cord were an honorable team who Raced better than other teams who consistently whine at and fight with each other. I think Racers should follow their example of hard work and teamwork.
We should celebrate their good qualities rather than kick them while they are down.

Offline pipsy

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2011, 07:56:22 AM »
Wow, what a vile website this is...or maybe it's just the majority of the posters here.
If any good came out of the Cowboy's being eliminated (when almost every other team cheated) then it will be that I won't be visiting here again. If you are going to run a forum then how about a bit of unbiased moderating.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #70 on: April 25, 2011, 12:16:10 PM »
Wow, what a vile website this is...or maybe it's just the majority of the posters here.
If any good came out of the Cowboy's being eliminated (when almost every other team cheated) then it will be that I won't be visiting here again. If you are going to run a forum then how about a bit of unbiased moderating.

pipsy: I'm sorry you feel this is a "vile website" or that our members by implication are vile. They are not and the forum is not. Members have opinions and they are allowed to express them as long as they follow our rules, one of which is not insulting other members.

Since I am not a biased moderator, I'm allowing your post to remain, even though I personally feel that it is misguided AND insulting. You are welcome to post here and express your opinions as long as they follow our rules. If you don't wish to be a member, that's OK too.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Lion

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #71 on: April 25, 2011, 01:07:20 PM »
:wohoo: In the words of Lance 'bastards should have been want home (at the end of leg one)'
Thanks for the memories but it was time to go. The world say NO to discrimination!!

Thanx for the shout out!  Although I have personally not met the Cowboys I have some good sources that say they were great guys on the Race. Based on that they do not fall in the "bastard" catergory.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #72 on: April 25, 2011, 01:13:27 PM »
I agree, Lion. I don't think so either.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 07:28:31 PM by The Prophet »

Offline Lion

• RFF VIP
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #73 on: April 25, 2011, 01:29:33 PM »
I agree, Lion. It think this comment was unwarranted and goes against this rule:

While it is perfectly fine to explain why you think a racer or a team did not do well in a task, or behaved badly, or just isn't your favorite, it is NOT okay to be rude or impolite in doing so. We don't allow personal attacks on each other OR on our racer friends. Comments on how they raced are fair, personal attacks are not. "Don't hate on the Racers, hate the game."

Actually Prophet I am liking his comment, but applying to it to the Cowboys would not fit the bill is all I am saying..