Author Topic: TAR18: Jet McCoy & Cord McCoy (brothers/cowboys)  (Read 70989 times)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR18: Jet McCoy & Cord McCoy (brothers/cowboys)
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2011, 01:24:08 AM »
Idea for Unfinished Business drinking game: Take a shot every time the cowboys music gets played.

double shot if the globetrotters' jingle plays in the same episode as well.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #26 on: February 15, 2011, 05:26:58 PM »
Ugh! I hate that the Cowboys are blaming Dan & Jordan "cutting" in line as the only reason they lost.  No, boys.  You lost because D/J outhustled you on the plane.  While you were sleeping, they were schmoozing their way up to First Class.

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2011, 05:51:16 PM »
thats why i dislike cowboys. theyre too full of themselves, even though the editors really tried to make a good 'ol cowboy image

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2011, 06:48:36 PM »
Why is this 'stickied'?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2011, 06:50:01 PM »
Thanks for pointing that out! Fixed.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2011, 07:08:13 PM »
Ugh! I hate that the Cowboys are blaming Dan & Jordan "cutting" in line as the only reason they lost.  No, boys.  You lost because D/J outhustled you on the plane.  While you were sleeping, they were schmoozing their way up to First Class.

That, and the fact that Cord failed horribly at the virtual reality task.
Still love em though! :hearts:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2011, 04:46:07 PM »
 Keoghan explains the show's picks below.

Jet and Cord — Season 16, 2nd place
Last we saw them: Eventual winners Dan and Jordan cut in front of them at the airport and then pulled further ahead when they moved up to first class.
Why they deserve a second chance: As Keoghan says, the cowboys/brothers were the "obvious choice" to return, given their popularity, aw-shucks-ness and never-say-die attitude. "They struck a chord, no pun intended. Actually, I did intend it!" Keoghan jokes. "I think they represent something that is so Americana and so warm. You watch them and go, 'Man, I wouldn't mind going and having a beer with those guys.' They're just down-to-earth. My favorite part of them was that they always had the cowboy hats on. Bungee-jumping with the hats on? C'mon! I have only good things to say about them."

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/amazing-race-phil-keoghan-explains-why-these-11-teams-have-unfinished-business/56742
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2011, 07:56:13 PM »
Bringing this here so that we don't go off-topic. :tup:

Let's take another example: Jet & Cord's attitude with Dan & Jordan at the VR task, with the cowboys screaming over the audio to confuse Jordan.

What's your take on that?

Against it, thought it was uncool. Thought that Dan and Jordan absolutely deserved to win.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2011, 07:57:24 PM »

Let's take another example: Jet & Cord's attitude with Dan & Jordan at the VR task, with the cowboys screaming over the audio to confuse Jordan.

What's your take on that?

I thought it was funny. Cord was just being his usual jovial self; he wasn't trying to insult anyone.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 08:08:58 PM by The Prophet »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2011, 11:20:03 PM »
Let's not forget that Dan/Jordan also sought to impede Cord and Jet at that V.R. task, so I don't think one side is more to blame than the other.
-- theschnauzers

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2011, 03:36:45 AM »
http://newsok.com/cowboys-get-another-shot-at-1-million-prize/article/3542073

Oklahoma cowboys get another shot at $1 million prize
Jet and Cord McCoy developed a large fan following in first appearance on “Amazing Race” last year

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-cowboys-get-another-shot-at-1-million-prize/article/3542073#ixzz1EUSDodnO

In their first appearance on “The Amazing Race” last year, Oklahoma cowboys Jet and Cord McCoy developed a large fan following with their friendly, polite demeanor and cowboy charm. Cord’s catchphrase “Oh, my gravy!” especially struck a chord with viewers. The pair made a strong run for the $1 million prize, finishing runner-up.

The cowboys get another opportunity to win the big prize in “The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business,” which premieres at 7 p.m. today on CBS. The series will be aired in HD for the first time.
The reality series consists of 11 teams of former contestants — including a team of former Harlem Globetrotters and a team of former NFL cheerleaders — in a 40,000-mile race across five continents and 23 cities. The teams travel to such picturesque spots as Australia, where they find themselves swimming with sharks; Liechtenstein, where they must measure the length of the country while riding a motorized bicycle; and Tokyo, where they must endure the freezing waters from Mount Fuji as part of a spiritual ritual.

The Oklahoma cowboys said they enjoyed the first experience so much that they were glad to get another opportunity to compete.

“They definitely named it right,” said Cord, 30, of Tupelo. “It is amazing. On ‘Amazing Race 16’ we got to go to places that I had never seen or heard of before. Each country that we went to had something cool to offer.”

“There were always places that you liked better than others,” said Jet, 31, who has a ranch near Ada. “We really liked Argentina just because it was the most like Oklahoma. It was definitely eye opening. It definitely broadened my horizons to be able to see that much country.”

The experience also earned them celebrity status in Oklahoma and beyond. The pair are featured on the cover of a new “Amazing Race” video game for Nintendo Wii.

Cord said he noticed “Oh, my gravy!” T-shirts showing up at places he has visited in recent months. “People have told me, ‘You should copyright that.’ I never even knew I said it that much until I watched the race (last year). But I do say that a lot.”

A longtime professional bull rider, Cord was swamped with autograph requests at the recent PBR event in Oklahoma City. “You sign your name or take your picture as fast as you can and try to get done before the bull riding starts,” he said.

Jet said he is surprised when people recognize him in unusual places. “It’s kind of interesting,” he said. “Most of the time they run up and they stop me and say, ‘Hey, aren’t you Cord McCoy’s brother?’ Yep, that’s me.”

Since the last series, Cord ended his bachelor status. He married Sara Best, who grew up on an Iowa ranch, on Nov. 13 in Atlantic, Iowa. The two had met at a bull riding event in Tulsa.

“It’s a funny story,” Cord said. “My dad is originally from Iowa. Sara was doing an internship at Tulsa and came up to me and said, ‘Hey, my dad told me to tell your dad hello.’ I said, ‘Who are you?’ The rest is history. I’ve been chasing her ever since.”

The couple honeymooned in Maui on a trip that the brothers had won on “Amazing Race 16.” After winning four legs of the race, they earned three trips and two sailboats. They also got an undisclosed cash prize for finishing second. They since have sold the sailboats, and Jet and his wife have plans to use the trip to Alaska.

The cowboys said the experience from the first time on the series proved valuable.
“We learned that sometimes trying to be fast isn’t always the best,” Jet said. “The mistakes we made was when we just kind of got in a hurry.”

“The Amazing Race: Unfinished Business” was taped in November and December, so the McCoy brothers already know the outcome. Last year they watched “Amazing Race 16” with friends and family at their sister Nikki’s house near Ada. Several Ada bars and restaurants hosted watch parties.

Cord admitted it can be hard to be tight-lipped and avoid revealing the outcome in advance.
At a watch party at an Iowa restaurant, he said people were frantic when the pair fell into last place.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 04:34:05 AM by loverocked »
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2011, 11:09:20 PM »
i remember someone here said he lives only 2 hrs away via the highway from the cowboys

maybe he should visit Cord and Jet to see there are any signs showing they are 1million dollars richer.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2011, 11:10:46 PM »
i remember someone here said he lives only 2 hrs away via the highway from the cowboys

maybe he should visit Cord and Jet to see there are any signs showing they are 1million dollars richer.
Nobody gets paid until the Season finishes airing.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2011, 11:15:36 PM »

Nobody gets paid until the Season finishes airing.

oh, i'm so disappointed!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2011, 11:17:35 PM »

I got a deal with Jet/Cord........I dont go spying on them and they dont come spying on me.
Matthew 7:15

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2011, 11:22:16 PM »
'2 hrs away via the highway from the cowboys' advantage wasted!

i'm going to cry

Why am I so far far far far away from them?

At least you should go to one of those PBR events!

DavidJunior

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2011, 01:51:14 AM »
Let's not forget that Dan/Jordan also sought to impede Cord and Jet at that V.R. task, so I don't think one side is more to blame than the other.

That's not how I remember it going down at all.

IIRC, Dan and Jordan were already at the end, in that spinning vortex of text.  If whoever it was (I always got confused as to which one was which) took a step in any direction they would put themselves outside of the circle, thus messing up their partner and wasting valuable time

And it just so happened that wherre they ended was right in the path of the cowboys (who started later and could've easily started far enough away so that it wouldn't be a problem (and it was an avoidable thing on the cowboy's part because Brent and Caite were nowhere NEAR either of the other teams at all that entire challenge)

I don't believe that D&J's refusal to move was a deliberate act of trying to knock the cowboy's back a little, as much as it was "Hey, we're trying to finish a task here, and if we're in your way then that stinks for you.  Go around.  We're not going to deliberately slow ourselves down/mess ourselves up to help you catch up to us quicker."

Something that I would've done, honestly.

Offline em83

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2011, 08:47:09 PM »
Fans of the cowboys might want to check this out during this season

http://www.pbr.com/cordmccoy/

The PBR has special website set up and has a series going where after episode their mother & sister along with Cord's wife Sara offer some insight.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2011, 08:25:03 AM »
Great find! 

:wel1:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 09:13:56 AM »
Nice! Thanks for sharing that!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »
Cord's schedule is pretty full these days...

Maybe he didn't win....

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #46 on: March 04, 2011, 12:34:50 AM »
GeKKou, I doubt you can make that conclusion from his schedule for the year to date.

From what I recall of the PBR circuit discussion in their first season, Cord is always traveling that much.
-- theschnauzers

Offline em83

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #47 on: March 04, 2011, 12:50:08 AM »
Cord's schedule is pretty full these days...

Maybe he didn't win....

If you are refering to his bullriding schedule, I don't think that would be the best indication of whether they won. That is always full on from what I have read on the PBR website.

This is just a guess but I'd say he is like any other cowboy in the PBR - aiming to get to Las Vegas in October. To do that he needs points and money and the only way to get that is by riding in either the Built Ford Events or on the Pro-touring circuit.

Offline GeKKou

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2011, 09:01:04 PM »
i feel JET is really strong.

Look at the dinosaur and tea task.

He finished first and second.

Offline Nettez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2011, 10:58:58 AM »
GO Cowboys!!! I hope you will make in F3!!!

i happened to read jordan's tweets and i never knew there was so much hatred between the two teams.

also i know the line-cutting and first-class issue was the highlight of the finale in season 16 but i think it's a tad unfair to dan and jordan when the producers make it appear as though they were undeserving winners. just my two cents worth.