Author Topic: Jennifer Hudson Not Shocked by 'Idol' Vote  (Read 2536 times)

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
Jennifer Hudson Not Shocked by 'Idol' Vote
« on: April 23, 2004, 03:51:37 PM »
Jennifer Hudson Not Shocked by 'Idol' Vote
Friday April 23 1:18 PM ET

The rest of the country was stunned, but Jennifer Hudson says her ejection this week from "American Idol" didn't surprise her.

"I wasn't shocked at all," Hudson said on Fox's "Good Day Live" Friday. "If you've noticed, I've been through the fire."

The 22-year-old singer, among the finalists on the Fox competition dubbed "The Three Divas," had been in the bottom three in viewer votes before.

But the judges praised her for improving each week, and she wowed the audience Tuesday night with her powerful rendition of Barry Manilow's "Weekend in New England."

Theories abounded as to why she was voted off Wednesday night, ranging from racism to foul weather that knocked out power and phone service in her hometown of Chicago. Hudson and the other two "Divas," Fantasia Barrino and La Toya London, are all black and were the three lowest vote-getters this week, even though they'd been considered the show's strongest singers.

"To me, it's up in the air. ... It's a waste of thoughts to even think about what happened," Hudson said. "If there was a tornado in Chicago ... well, then, it wasn't fair for me to be leaving the show."

Hudson thinks there should be another vote, but she added, "I feel like I'm in a better place."

{I watched this show today..boy where they ragging on John for being a bad singer..LOL ;D}

Offline Dunk Fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
Re: Jennifer Hudson Not Shocked by 'Idol' Vote
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2004, 01:09:59 PM »
Jennifer didn't think she did well at all...

(by the way: how do you get those pictures underneath your name?)  ???

Offline Texan

• Robs Bestest Angel
  • RFF Global Moderator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Groovy!!!
Re: Jennifer Hudson Not Shocked by 'Idol' Vote
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 01:15:22 PM »
The picture underneath your name is a function in your profile.....