Author Topic: TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion  (Read 144912 times)

Offline alextofu07

• RFF Not So Newbie

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion
« Reply #251 on: May 08, 2011, 07:17:49 AM »
The only thing that seems odd to me is that there's been no mention at any pit stop of being the first child-parent team to win...last season they frequently reminded viewers that no f/f team had ever won, which made it all the more exciting and significant when it eventually happened. However, mallory has had so many "deep thoughts underscored by emotional music" moments, but I still think there would have been at least ONE reference to the historic nature of a father/daughter team win...that's the only reason I'm still not yet convinced.

You mean they always reminded us that a female/female team has never won?  Meghan and Cheyne won and they had won a FF as well.  So did Uchina (sp?) and Joyce...

I think it would be so awesome to finally see a parent/child team win! Go Gallory!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #252 on: May 08, 2011, 07:22:59 AM »
Nat and Kat, Dan and Jordan, Meghan and Cheyne, Nick and Starr, BJ and Tyler, and Uchenna and Joyce all won Fast Forwards in their seasons. :tup:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #253 on: May 08, 2011, 07:28:06 AM »
Nat and Kat, Dan and Jordan, Meghan and Cheyne, Nick and Starr, BJ and Tyler, and Uchenna and Joyce all won Fast Forwards in their seasons. :tup:

Thanks Prophet!  Your memory is a lot better than mine! LOL  :gj:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #254 on: May 08, 2011, 07:29:42 AM »
There's probably more from the earlier seasons but I would have to look it up. I can't remember that far.  :lol:

NoluckBoston

« Reply #255 on: May 08, 2011, 10:42:40 AM »
The only thing that seems odd to me is that there's been no mention at any pit stop of being the first child-parent team to win...

Actually there have been three times. I caught Ron and Christina saying it twice and after they were eliminated Mallory mentioned how great it would be.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #256 on: May 08, 2011, 10:49:04 AM »
moving all predictions to the Finale Speculation thread.
Murtz Jaffer just tweeted his prediction of who wins TAR18. He has NEVER been wrong with his predictions of all seasons of TAR and Survivor and was only wrong once with The Apprentice (Annie vs Joan)

According to him, The Amazing Race 18: Unfinished Business winners are.......

GARY AND MALLORY ERVIN!

I guess you all will find out Sunday if Murtz's spoiler predictiions are correct. ;)

:future

i take that as a yes.  LOL

I guess you all will find out Sunday if Murtz's AND Eddie's spoiler predictiions are correct. ;)

Peach, I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Murtz is finally wrong for once! So far his record is intact so we shall see if it continues or if his streak is finally broken!

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: May 08, 2011, 10:55:44 AM »
The only thing that seems odd to me is that there's been no mention at any pit stop of being the first child-parent team to win...

Actually there have been three times. I caught Ron and Christina saying it twice and after they were eliminated Mallory mentioned how great it would be.

I also think being the first parent/child team hasn't been as important as it was for all all female team

Offline amazingracer24

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #258 on: May 08, 2011, 11:02:33 AM »
Look at these pics....
ZEV & JUSTIN are both in the middle?!!!!
does this mean they won?!

(pictures were taken from the 10year anniversary of TAR in Miami)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #259 on: May 08, 2011, 11:12:06 AM »
If we have the other angle, it'll tell better. :lol:

Offline speedrace

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #260 on: May 08, 2011, 11:58:43 AM »

Offline speedrace

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #261 on: May 08, 2011, 12:51:34 PM »
Short Clip of them at Miami.

http://yfrog.com/44tjez

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #262 on: May 08, 2011, 01:01:10 PM »
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20487925,00.html

A lil read for you guys.

Well, in the picture that goes with this article, Gary and Mallory are slightly in the middle and Big Easy is pointing at them. :lol3:

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #263 on: May 08, 2011, 01:01:27 PM »

A lil read for you guys.

Has anyone read what Zev and Justin say in this?

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #264 on: May 08, 2011, 01:02:08 PM »

A lil read for you guys.

Well, in the picture that goes with this article, Gary and Mallory are slightly in the middle and Big Easy is pointing at them. :lol3:

Or he is saying 'we're number one'. Which i hope isn't true....

Offline Squall16

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Anything is Possible
« Reply #265 on: May 08, 2011, 01:05:14 PM »
Short Clip of them at Miami.

http://yfrog.com/44tjez

Zev and Justin are in the front. White blazar for zev and justin kneeling. Phil says phileminated... so what does that mean?

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: May 08, 2011, 01:05:23 PM »
Look at these pics....
ZEV & JUSTIN are both in the middle?!!!!
does this mean they won?!

(pictures were taken from the 10year anniversary of TAR in Miami)

As happy as that would make me, the winning team isn't always in the middle of the bottom row. They have been known to appear in the center of the top. However, the angle seems to have Mel & Mike in that position. As of now, I'm at peace with 4th place.

Offline amazing race fan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #267 on: May 08, 2011, 01:15:18 PM »
moving all predictions to the Finale Speculation thread.
Murtz Jaffer just tweeted his prediction of who wins TAR18. He has NEVER been wrong with his predictions of all seasons of TAR and Survivor and was only wrong once with The Apprentice (Annie vs Joan)

GARY AND MALLORY ERVIN!

I guess you all will find out Sunday if Murtz's spoiler predictiions are correct. ;)

:future

i take that as a yes.  LOL

I guess you all will find out Sunday if Murtz's AND Eddie's spoiler predictiions are correct. ;)

Peach, I'm gonna laugh my ass off if Murtz is finally wrong for once! So far his record is intact so we shall see if it continues or if his streak is finally broken!

Does this guy actually have spoilers or has he just been picking the winners from his best guess?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #268 on: May 08, 2011, 01:16:22 PM »
Does this guy actually have spoilers or has he just been picking the winners from his best guess?

He's never been wrong about a TAR winner. I don't think he has spoilers, though. :duno:

Offline sox15

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #269 on: May 08, 2011, 05:36:00 PM »

@justin_kanew
justin kanew
One of these women may be $500,000 richer tonight... @malloryervin @JenMarieHoffman @AmazingRace_CBS yfrog.com/gyq8pxmj

Pic of Jen and Mallory was below it.

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2011, 11:49:02 PM »

GARY AND MALLORY ERVIN!

FAIL!!!!

Looks like Murtz just had his Reality Steve moment, becoming the latest reality tv prognosticator with the supposedly unblemished record of predicting the winner failing miserably.

I love that this season wasn't spoiled (peach, if you knew the true outcome, MAJOR props to you for never giving it away, that must have taken a lot of restraint to keep such a surprising outcome under wraps all this time). I got frustrated earlier at times that more spoilers about the outcome weren't revealed, but honestly it was the absolute best decision.

Offline JDoubleG

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2011, 11:50:04 PM »
Am i a great in prediction or what? i knew that between Gary & Mallory and Kisha & Jen - one of them will win the race and i say Kisha & Jen win the race because they haven't win a leg yet but now they do at the finish line just like Eric and Danielle in Season 11 where they win only once that is the finish line, and i'm right!

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #272 on: May 09, 2011, 01:51:12 AM »
Congrats to Kisha/Jen for winning AR18!!

Now, I wonder if anyone will say they received the  "winners' edit"???

Offline NumfarPTB

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: May 09, 2011, 04:49:08 AM »
It was in the end an interesting ending after all.
Both teams that almost got to run to the finish line in their previous seasons pulled a Dustin a Kandince, actually getting to run to the finish line this time around, and Kisha and Jen actually accomplished what they could not.
Reflecting now, from the 11 teams cast, only 4 of them never got to run the final leg (Goths, Zev/Justin, Amanda/Kris and Mel/Mike).

Loved the fact that most of the time during final leg, teams were really closed together, if weren't for bad Taxi that Gary and Mallory got it would have been a way closer race. But it bothers me that final task was not a more race related memory task.

Can't remember if there were another team that actually won the race without winning a single leg during the race. But congrats to Kisha and Jen.

Offline alextofu07

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #274 on: May 09, 2011, 05:32:38 AM »
It was in the end an interesting ending after all.
Both teams that almost got to run to the finish line in their previous seasons pulled a Dustin a Kandince, actually getting to run to the finish line this time around, and Kisha and Jen actually accomplished what they could not.
Reflecting now, from the 11 teams cast, only 4 of them never got to run the final leg (Goths, Zev/Justin, Amanda/Kris and Mel/Mike).

Loved the fact that most of the time during final leg, teams were really closed together, if weren't for bad Taxi that Gary and Mallory got it would have been a way closer race. But it bothers me that final task was not a more race related memory task.

Can't remember if there were another team that actually won the race without winning a single leg during the race. But congrats to Kisha and Jen.

That team is Eric & Danielle in season 11