Author Topic: TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion  (Read 144921 times)

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion
« Reply #200 on: May 01, 2011, 12:03:10 PM »
But i'm hoping for a 5th place for FT and BE, 4th for Zev and Justin and F3 of 3 underdogs teams... that'll be fun to watch. :lol3:

That would be my favourite F3 as well. And I agree with you Kisha and jen are almost non existent, we rarely see them at any length at tasks ans they have the fewer interviews 

Ditto, except I'd rather Z/J leave first :P

This is nothing personal but Zev has to do at least 1 to 2 more Roadblocks if the Roadblock count for this season is 6. (Do we know if it's 7?) Remember how Zev screwed up the Zodiac Roadblock in China? I don't know if it's fair to say this but whenever Zev's doing the Roadblock i'm pretty worried for the team if it's a tough RB.

Same for Mallory as well.. not saying that she's the slower one in the team, but she needs to do at least 1 to 2 more and it could be detrimental if it's a physical RB and Gary can't do it anymore.

But this is obviously not a problem for Vyxsin though.. she's like the man in the team. Vyxsin <3 :lol: :lol3:

Interesting point about both Zev & Mallory. I think that it will depend on the roadblock that is presented to them. We know each do it this time, so assuming both teams survive, it comes down to making the right choices. Gary & Mallory have it easier as they can pretty much figure out if the task will be physical or not. Zev & Justin have to decide when to risk putting Zev in. The past has been that the final roadblock involves a memory challenge of sorts. So for them it would be smart to do Zev, Justin, Zev.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #201 on: May 01, 2011, 12:31:49 PM »
It will be interesting to see what Production does on the RBs. There are only 11 RBs this season. So if 7 is the upper limit, then teams can do a 7/4 split. Personally, that goes a little over the line from Season 6 rule that teammates must be even. I has been stretched to 7/5 in the past. Just have to see what unfolds.

At the end of Leg 10, teams will have the following split.
Z/J   4/5
K/J   4/5
FT/BE   5/4
G/M  4/4 observed, they did use the Express Pass on one that Gary said he would do. How does Production score this one? So     
                could be a 5/4 split
K/V   4/5

If a 7/4 split is okay with Production.......then after this week, no team is in danger of someone HAVING to do a RB. If Production has told them that it must be a 6/5 split......then both teammates will have to do one of the remaining 2 RBs.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #202 on: May 01, 2011, 01:09:48 PM »
I always remember the 7 RB (for season 10 and 16... not sure about others) was in place because there were 12 RBs in those 2 seasons.. with 11 this season.. it might really be 6-6.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #203 on: May 01, 2011, 01:20:12 PM »
Not real sure, but I thought TAR 10 had 13 RBs, so the  7/6 split would be mandatory. I think that one of the RBs was not aired though, so we only saw 12.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #204 on: May 01, 2011, 01:21:18 PM »
I think it was always a +1 for the unevenness or to account for FF's, etc

Not a 7/5 but in an 11 team season, not more than 1 more.

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

jiajia12

« Reply #205 on: May 01, 2011, 08:12:22 PM »
K/V stupid mistake cost them potential F3 once again. :lol3: :(

I assume Zev/Justin Gary/Mallory Jen/Kisha is Final 3

With Mallory winning reaction shown in the preview
and Zev's 'This is a big day' for them

2 horse race. basically.

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #206 on: May 01, 2011, 08:15:08 PM »
edit: never mind  :lol:

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #207 on: May 01, 2011, 08:19:01 PM »
But i'm hoping for a 5th place for FT and BE, 4th for Zev and Justin and F3 of 3 underdogs teams... that'll be fun to watch. :lol3:

That would be my favourite F3 as well. And I agree with you Kisha and jen are almost non existent, we rarely see them at any length at tasks ans they have the fewer interviews 

Ditto, except I'd rather Z/J leave first :P

This is nothing personal but Zev has to do at least 1 to 2 more Roadblocks if the Roadblock count for this season is 6. (Do we know if it's 7?) Remember how Zev screwed up the Zodiac Roadblock in China? I don't know if it's fair to say this but whenever Zev's doing the Roadblock i'm pretty worried for the team if it's a tough RB.

Same for Mallory as well.. not saying that she's the slower one in the team, but she needs to do at least 1 to 2 more and it could be detrimental if it's a physical RB and Gary can't do it anymore.

But this is obviously not a problem for Vyxsin though.. she's like the man in the team. Vyxsin <3 :lol: :lol3:

Interesting point about both Zev & Mallory. I think that it will depend on the roadblock that is presented to them. We know each do it this time, so assuming both teams survive, it comes down to making the right choices. Gary & Mallory have it easier as they can pretty much figure out if the task will be physical or not. Zev & Justin have to decide when to risk putting Zev in. The past has been that the final roadblock involves a memory challenge of sorts. So for them it would be smart to do Zev, Justin, Zev.

I'm sorry but guess i'm right.. Zev's a problem for the team. Just like Kent is a Vyxsin for the Goths and did them in.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #208 on: May 01, 2011, 09:07:41 PM »
What's gonna happen to this thread?  :duno:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #209 on: May 01, 2011, 09:14:39 PM »
I say they rename it to "previous Finale discussion" and proceed to close it
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #210 on: May 02, 2011, 09:54:18 PM »
This has been a great thread, full of excellent speculation on our spoilers, and will be a great reference tool.

But let's move onto the Finale episode threads now.

You can find Ep 11 (Brazil) here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25250.0.html

And Ep 12 (Florida Keys) here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,25251.0.html

See you there!! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline JDoubleG

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #211 on: May 04, 2011, 02:22:32 AM »
So far my prediction was right in the last episode, between zev & justin and kent & vyxsin, one of them will be eliminated (before i watch the show)!

I think the final 3 will most likely be a balance of team genders, male-male, male-female, and female-female teams.

Gary & Mallory - male-female team
Kisha & Jen - female-female team
Flight-Time & Big Easy and Zev & Justin - 2 male-male teams

I have a strong feeling that Gary & Mallory and Kisha & Jen will be in the final 3 (guaranteed), for Flight-Time & Big Easy and Zev & Justin, one goes home and the other joins Gary & Mallory and Kisha & Jen.

Since there is a pit stop and a finish line to win by 2 teams, it will be win by Gary & Mallory and Kisha & Jen. Whether Gary & Mallory win at the pit stop or the finish line, same goes for Kisha & Jen winning at the pit stop or the finish line.

Remember the last amazing race all-stars that is season 11 where Eric & Danielle get one 1st place finish that matters, the finish line and winning the million dollars

Since Kisha & Jen haven't win a first place finish yet, i think they'll make it first on the finish line to win the million dollars just like Eric & Danielle. Besides Gary & Mallory already won a million rupees in india... =D

Offline Chase S

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #212 on: May 04, 2011, 11:23:50 AM »
Based on the clues we've gotten, I predict the finish of the last teams will come in this order:

4th: Flight Time/Big Easy
3rd: Kisha/Jen
2nd: Gary/Mallory
Winners: Zev/Justin

This isn't why I believe this - in fact, I found this video after I decided on that placement, but watch Justin's body language after she asks them, "So obviously you can't tell us if you won or not...?"

To me, that seems like a complete giveaway.

I'd really like to be wrong and see Kisha and Jen win though. :P

Offline Chase S

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #213 on: May 04, 2011, 11:25:20 AM »
The video didn't post for some reason.

Search "The Talk - Zev & Justin's 'Amazing Race' " on Youtube.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #214 on: May 04, 2011, 11:33:57 AM »
I think that is in Zev and Justin's thread.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #215 on: May 04, 2011, 04:56:21 PM »
Based on the clues we've gotten, I predict the finish of the last teams will come in this order:

4th: Flight Time/Big Easy
3rd: Kisha/Jen
2nd: Gary/Mallory
Winners: Zev/Justin

This isn't why I believe this - in fact, I found this video after I decided on that placement, but watch Justin's body language after she asks them, "So obviously you can't tell us if you won or not...?"

To me, that seems like a complete giveaway.

I'd really like to be wrong and see Kisha and Jen win though. :P

Zev & Justin didn't win...

Offline alextofu07

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #216 on: May 05, 2011, 03:50:00 AM »
i think Globetrotters and Kisha & Jen will be the final 3
we all see they are in the same photo in Miami
It is not possible to have one decoy and one final 3 at the same time

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #217 on: May 05, 2011, 07:18:26 AM »
Cropping is totally warranted here.   :umn:   Because too much information too early can get us into too much trouble.  If you only knew what goes on behind the spoiler curtain.

:res: :lol3:   :waves:

So basically, the fact that you included the last pic, you are telling us that FT & BE win, right?  That SUCKS!  Not that we know who wins, but that it's FT & BE... They need another $MIL like I need a hole in the head...  :lol3:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #218 on: May 05, 2011, 07:29:52 AM »
Win or lose, Gallory all the way!  :jam:

:jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #219 on: May 05, 2011, 07:59:30 AM »
I'm just predicting that the Globetrotters will win the race. Zev and Justin have had the most first-place finishes, but their performance is rather erratic. They're good sometimes, and struggle at other times. And Zev with his constant whining... I'm not sure they have what it takes to pull off a final win.

Kisha and Jen... They haven't won a leg yet, and they don't seem to be getting much edit throughout the race so I doubt that they win.

Gary and Mallory were strong the first few legs after from the middle of the game when it was down to a few teams, it seemed like they kinda lost their footing and started falling behind in light of the strong competition around them. So I doubt that they win the race too.

Globetrotters have won a few legs, are pretty consistent and have got a way better edit than they did on their season. In fact, they're getting a pretty decent edit this season. They're strong and fast to boot, so I'm not surprised they end up winning. Just my two cents' worth.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #220 on: May 05, 2011, 08:10:23 AM »
I'm just predicting that the Globetrotters will win the race. Zev and Justin have had the most first-place finishes, but their performance is rather erratic. They're good sometimes, and struggle at other times. And Zev with his constant whining... I'm not sure they have what it takes to pull off a final win.

Kisha and Jen... They haven't won a leg yet, and they don't seem to be getting much edit throughout the race so I doubt that they win.

Gary and Mallory were strong the first few legs after from the middle of the game when it was down to a few teams, it seemed like they kinda lost their footing and started falling behind in light of the strong competition around them. So I doubt that they win the race too.

Globetrotters have won a few legs, are pretty consistent and have got a way better edit than they did on their season. In fact, they're getting a pretty decent edit this season. They're strong and fast to boot, so I'm not surprised they end up winning. Just my two cents' worth.

Not so fast. There is nothing to say it is the Globetrotters 100%. I personaly think their edit this season has been much worse than last time. This season has really gone out of its way to show how sneaky they can be and how, without the help of other teams, their lost on their own.

Since Zev & Justin are out 4th, I'm rooting for my other pick, Kisha & Jennifer, to win it. Though it would also be nice to see Gary & Mallory win as well.

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #221 on: May 05, 2011, 08:17:55 AM »
I agree that it's looking more and more like the trotters are going to win based on what's been said already, and it now makes a lot more sense to me why kent and vyxsin sounded so bitter about them in their post-boot interviews, referring to them as big cowards and bullies. If they didn't end up winning the race, they probably wouldn't be so bothered by them this long after it took place cause it wouldn't have mattered in the end. However, if they went on to win the race, that would make perfect sense why they would be harboring this much resentment towards them.

They were whining about the Trotters being bullies when they were eliminated and it doesn't surprise me to see them whining about it to this day.  They will be whining about it forever... LOL

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #222 on: May 05, 2011, 08:44:07 AM »
Here is a list of the Globetrotters placements throughout the season: 5, 2, 5, 6, 6, 7, 1, 2, 5, 1
They're not that consistent and they have definitely had their dumb moments. I just don't think CBS can afford to have them win since they have no fan base.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #223 on: May 05, 2011, 09:11:59 AM »
I just don't think CBS can afford to have them win since they have no fan base.

WHAT?? ???  :groan: :res: :duno:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #224 on: May 05, 2011, 09:13:04 AM »
I just don't think CBS can afford to have them win since they have no fan base.

WHAT?? ???  :groan: :res: :duno:

They don't have a fan base.

(I guess I'm just desperate :lol:)