Author Topic: TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion  (Read 144907 times)

Offline jnsars4zjtar18

• RFF Not So Newbie
Re: TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion
« Reply #150 on: April 27, 2011, 04:35:23 AM »
Hi guys!  :waves: a long time lurker and newbie here!  :js:

I agree. I would like to see Zev/Justin & the Ervins in the final 3 because not only they are my faves but also they have what it takes to win. Not sure who the other one is but I dont want to see K/V or the Globetrotters in the finals (although at this point, it is everybody's game). I would'nt mind K/J in the F3 too.   :yess:

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #151 on: April 27, 2011, 04:51:46 AM »
hello. i've been reading this post for a couple of months now. so i made an account so i can ask questions.  :lol: i have information on who the final 3 are. and they're pretty accurate.

:welcome: to RFF!

:colors That's interesting!   :js:

the post has been up since March. after Mel/Mike's elimination and days before Jaime/Cara's elimination. i only saw it yesterday and i was amazed on how accurate it was. it predicted the teams' elimination in exact order too. i wasn't surprised who the final 3 were.

What post are you talking about?

Offline ianinator

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #152 on: April 27, 2011, 05:49:48 AM »
hello. i've been reading this post for a couple of months now. so i made an account so i can ask questions.  :lol: i have information on who the final 3 are. and they're pretty accurate.

Where did you see the information?

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #153 on: April 27, 2011, 06:02:05 AM »

some site. google it.
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline themikko95

• RFF Full Member
  • Kym/Alli for the win!
« Reply #154 on: April 27, 2011, 06:03:41 AM »

some site. google it.
i think it's accurate but i'm never believing in those anymore after i thought Jess and Lani were going to win The Amazing Race Asia
Dustin/Kandice, Jaime/Cara and Pam/Winnie = goddesses!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #155 on: April 27, 2011, 08:14:26 AM »
I'll just say that there are a LOT of fake "boot lists" out there, so "buyer beware". :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #156 on: April 27, 2011, 10:04:17 AM »
Though Kent still hasn't reached Flo levels, and she got dragged around the whole world to win the thing. Eric & Danielle didn't get a great edit either, IMO.

I remember, that's why I said it was rare.

Belle Book

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #157 on: April 27, 2011, 11:06:30 AM »
please stop.... :groan:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:46:44 PM by georgiapeach »
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2011, 11:43:49 AM »
Longtime lurker, first time post.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get the "winners' edit" thing.  I've been watching AR since the 1st season and I've never noticed that a particular teams' edit meant anything in regards to who won a particular season.  It's easy to say at the end, this team got the "winners' edit," but I just can't tell.  What is it about any teams' current edit screams "winners' edit"?  It all seems the same to me.

BTW, I love all the remaining teams, so any of them winning would be fine by me, even the Trotters!  :)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2011, 12:00:05 PM »
This is from the CBS media web site:
Sunday, May 8             THE AMAZING RACE-The final four Teams race

(8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT)          through Rio de Janeiro and then to Miami, where the winner of the $1 million prize is revealed.  Phil Keoghan hosts.

The final four teams...

http://www.cbspressexpress.com/div.php/cbs_entertainment/release?id=28130
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2011, 12:05:27 PM »

(8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT)          through Rio de Janeiro and then to Miami, where the winner of the $1 million prize is revealed.  Phil Keoghan hosts.

The final four teams...

In keeping with the Season, it sounds like the racers will get a keep on racing clue in Rio!

Offline kevin2012

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Gangnam Style!
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2011, 12:18:44 PM »

The final four teams...

I knew it! this is just like in season 6
Bring on the 21!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2011, 12:54:32 PM »

The final four teams...

It is? How is it like Season 6?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 01:30:31 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2011, 01:27:18 PM »
I believe the person who wrote the summary forgot to include the elimination that should happen between the leg in Rio and the one in Miami. Anyhow, analyzers will over analyze...
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2011, 02:34:49 PM »

The final four teams...

Dr. Rox,
I asked the same question based on my memory of the finale of AR6, but that episode aired 2/8/05 was like the upcoming AR18 finale in these important ways:

There were 4 teams starting in Shanghai for the first hour of the finale. There were 3 teams in the second hour of the finale:
Freddie/Kendra
Kris/Jon
Adam/Rebecca

The second hour of the AR6 finale took teams inland to Xian for the infamous locks ROADBLOCK, then took them to see the TerraCotta Warriors, then flew them to Oahu for tasks, then flew then to Chicago for tasks before the pit stop was at Ping Tom Park.

Based on not reaching Brazil in AR18 Ep. 10, Ep. 11 will get teams to Rio de Janeiro and have some tasks there. I expect one team to be jettisoned in the first hour of the Ep. 12 finale no later than on the way to Sao Paulo airport for the flight to Miami, although I do not know how World Race Productions will manage that. If they don't eliminate the 4th team, it hardly matters. I believe that at most 3 teams will be in the final race to the Finish Line (and it may be just like in AR6 only be 2 teams really competing at the end).  

I doubted him based on my memory of AR6, but kevint2005 proved to be correct after I looked up the details.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 02:38:00 PM by apskip »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2011, 02:41:09 PM »
They should have checked with us here first. :res:

4 teams go to RIO>>one team is eliminated.

THREE teams race for the finale. Not 4.

The confusion must arise over this being two legs?

BUT THREE FOR THE FINALE. :tup:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2011, 02:46:22 PM »

The final four teams...

Dr. Rox,
I asked the same question based on my memory of the finale of AR6, but that episode aired 2/8/05 was like the upcoming AR18 finale in these important ways:

There were 4 teams starting in Shanghai for the first hour of the finale. There were 3 teams in the second hour of the finale:
Freddie/Kendra
Kris/Jon
Adam/Rebecca

The second hour of the AR6 finale took teams inland to Xian for the infamous locks ROADBLOCK, then took them to see the TerraCotta Warriors, then flew them to Oahu for tasks, then flew then to Chicago for tasks before the pit stop was at Ping Tom Park.

Based on not reaching Brazil in AR18 Ep. 10, Ep. 11 will get teams to Rio de Janeiro and have some tasks there. I expect one team to be jettisoned in the first hour of the Ep. 12 finale no later than on the way to Sao Paulo airport for the flight to Miami, although I do not know how World Race Productions will manage that. If they don't eliminate the 4th team, it hardly matters. I believe that at most 3 teams will be in the final race to the Finish Line (and it may be just like in AR6 only be 2 teams really competing at the end).  

I doubted him based on my memory of AR6, but kevint2005 proved to be correct after I looked up the details.

Thank you for your intrepretation of the poster's intent, apskip..........but I directed my question at the poster. It was not a general question for anyone.
Matthew 7:15

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #167 on: April 27, 2011, 04:09:05 PM »

Maybe it's just me, but I don't get the "winners' edit" thing.  I've been watching AR since the 1st season and I've never noticed that a particular teams' edit meant anything in regards to who won a particular season.  It's easy to say at the end, this team got the "winners' edit," but I just can't tell.  What is it about any teams' current edit screams "winners' edit"?  It all seems the same to me.

BTW, I love all the remaining teams, so any of them winning would be fine by me, even the Trotters!  :)

You're right, and there's definitely no "rubric" or whatever in regard to the editing. It's mostly just a gut feeling or something like that. And I did notice that in the leg in Broken Hill, there were a lot of pictures of Gary and Mallory posted on the CBS website. And that on the China TBC, they ended the first episode before Zev/Justin checked in. This seemed a little unnecessary, since we knew they'd beat Kent/Vyxsin; it seemed like the editors just wanted to put some extra focus on them. These two teams in particular also seem to have gotten a fairly large edit. Neither team has a cowboys-size fan base, nor do they have a lot of drama, so I feel like the reason they're getting a big edit is probably because they made the Final 3.

Now I'll laugh if I'm totally wrong; this is just a hunch!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #168 on: April 27, 2011, 08:57:18 PM »

Well, one good way to tell that a team has made the Final 3 (not necessarily that they won) is to look at how large their edit is in legs where they don't finish either first or near the back of the pack.  If they are featured more than perhaps they should in a leg where they finished in the middle, then there's a reason for it.  Most likely, that team made the finals.

A great example is last season's winners, Nat & Kat.  They were featured even in legs where they didn't come near the front or the back of the pack.  Editing thus suggests they made the finals.

Belle Book

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #169 on: April 27, 2011, 09:06:02 PM »
WOW! That's long 2 hours on Episode 11 and Episode 12? for four teams?
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #170 on: April 27, 2011, 10:43:02 PM »

Well, one good way to tell that a team has made the Final 3 (not necessarily that they won) is to look at how large their edit is in legs where they don't finish either first or near the back of the pack.  If they are featured more than perhaps they should in a leg where they finished in the middle, then there's a reason for it.  Most likely, that team made the finals.

A great example is last season's winners, Nat & Kat.  They were featured even in legs where they didn't come near the front or the back of the pack.  Editing thus suggests they made the finals.

Belle Book

Thats actually a great theory. I think next time I rewatch a season I will check and see if it actually adds up.

Offline kgallant46

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #171 on: April 27, 2011, 10:45:41 PM »

Belle Book

I don't know, it still seems more like perception than reality to me.  I don't keep my DVRs of an episode past a few weeks, so it's very difficult for me to really assess if what you're saying is true.  I just don't pay much attention to how much airtime each team receives during each episode.  I wonder if someone has actual numbers that prove this?

Last season, 3 teams stood out to me after the first episode:  Brooke/Claire, Nat/Kat and Vegas.  If I remember correctly, B/C and N/K did well for much of the season, which could explain their favorable edits.  Vegas was just comedy gold, even if they didn't make it as far as they did, I still think the producers wanted to focus on them as much as possible, just for the entertainment value.  But that's just my perception.  Someone else may have a totally different impression than I had.

So, basically you're saying that Gallory and Zev/Justin will make Final 3 because of their airtime??  I don't know.  It seems that the Cowboys and Kent/Vyxsin have been focused on even more than them, but again it's just my perception.  We can debate about it forever.  I would just love to see the actual numbers instead of someone's perception of it.  Just saying....

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #172 on: April 28, 2011, 12:04:29 AM »

Belle Book

I don't know, it still seems more like perception than reality to me.  I don't keep my DVRs of an episode past a few weeks, so it's very difficult for me to really assess if what you're saying is true.  I just don't pay much attention to how much airtime each team receives during each episode.  I wonder if someone has actual numbers that prove this?

Last season, 3 teams stood out to me after the first episode:  Brooke/Claire, Nat/Kat and Vegas.  If I remember correctly, B/C and N/K did well for much of the season, which could explain their favorable edits.  Vegas was just comedy gold, even if they didn't make it as far as they did, I still think the producers wanted to focus on them as much as possible, just for the entertainment value.  But that's just my perception.  Someone else may have a totally different impression than I had.

So, basically you're saying that Gallory and Zev/Justin will make Final 3 because of their airtime??  I don't know.  It seems that the Cowboys and Kent/Vyxsin have been focused on even more than them, but again it's just my perception.  We can debate about it forever.  I would just love to see the actual numbers instead of someone's perception of it.  Just saying....

If the theory held water, I would say the final 3 is Kent and Vyxsin, Gallory and Zev and Justin.

K/V are the most focused on team IMO.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: April 28, 2011, 01:58:08 PM »

Belle Book

If the theory held water, I would say the final 3 is Kent and Vyxsin, Gallory and Zev and Justin.

K/V are the most focused on team IMO.

My theory has been that K/J and FT/BE either each have to be decoys or in the F3, sans being filmed so close together. Z/J and G/M both remained unseen at the airport, so it can be assumed they are also as close together as K/J and FT/BE. This puts them in the same position as either decoys or two of the F3 teams. K/V would be the third to matter what the outcome. If this "winners edit" holds true, then your projected final 3 would seem valid.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #174 on: April 28, 2011, 02:00:21 PM »
I agree with the speculated Final Three being G\M, Z\J, and K\V, but we have nothing to support this yet.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.