RFF Archive > The Amazing Race 18 Spoilers and Speculation

TAR 18 Finale speculation and discussion

(1/56) > >>

georgiapeach:
Let's use this thread to keep all speculation and discussion (except ANY live spoilers) in one place.

:hfive:

Prophet:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on December 17, 2010, 09:41:14 AM ---Let's use this thread to keep all speculation and discussion (except ANY live spoilers) in one place.

:hfive:

--- End quote ---

Only about the finale?

georgiapeach:
Yes. Only the Finale in this thread. We have other spec threads for the rest. :res:

Belle Book:

--- Quote from: georgiapeach on December 17, 2010, 07:50:11 AM ---Adding in some more info about our Finale Leg.

Thanks to the great work of florida, teams were spotted in Miami!

TAR 18 teams arrived in MIA from Sao Paulo 12-13-10 on flight AA930 at 9:36 AM  (Landed 121 min late)  

9 of the 11 teams were seen briefly at the airport.

Production was present.

Clues appeared to be handed to teams who then dispersed within the airport area. (decoy run?)

All teams were eventually seen heading to the taxis....

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1011

1-cameraguy
2-Clue giver
3-Jaime with decoy clue
4-Kynt and Vyxsin running
5-Vyxsin (cool double exposure :lol:)
6-Amanda
7-Kris
8-Kisha and Jen, and FT/BE waiting for a taxi
9-Jen entering taxi
10-Ron and Christina
11-Jet

--- End quote ---

Does that mean Ron & Christina were also decoys?  Darn!

Belle Book

theschnauzers:
Sounds as if the teams might have been directed to use some sort of speedy water craft from the Marine Stadium area to the Keys. If Peach is saying "no cars" I suspect both self-driving and taxis were being ruled out.

This would make sense to anyone that's familiar with the area because when you get past Homestead and Florida City to get onto Key Largo at the northern end of the Keys, there is only one road - U.S. 1 and it's the only road connecting all of the Keys down to Key West. Traffic has been an issue for years' the best way to avoid the traffic mess is by air oe by boat.

So-called "cigarette" speed boats used to race at the Marine Stadium (if you ever seen Miami Vice then you've seen the fast boats I'm speaking of) so I could see having the final three teams taking those to get down to the Keys.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version