Author Topic: TARA 4 EP 11 Episode and Show Discussion (FINALE) **SPOILERS**  (Read 40284 times)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Re: TARA 4 EP 11 Episode and Show Discussion (FINALE) **SPOILERS**
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 02:12:51 AM »
This was probably one of the most boring finales in my opinion. Right from the start, Claire and Michelle were already disadvantaged with a bad flight. That gave me a flashback of the previous season, when Ida and Tania lost because of a flight too... I mean, it would take a miracle for Claire and Michelle to catch up. The operation hours gave me hope, but they actually touched down AFTER 10am. I was like, okay, they're done, it's down to Richards and Hussein/Natasha to battle it out.

And then we have Hussein quitting the Roadblock. Like, at the FINAL leg? Yes, they were already behind Richards then, but who knew what would have happened. The Richards could have gotten stuck at the final challenge. He could have tried. I really felt for Natasha. It wasn't just an ordinary leg, it was the final leg. And for a dad who has been telling his daughter not to give up but he quit two Roadblocks on the race... I'm not sure what his family's gonna think of him.

Lastly, I thought that was the lamest final challenge ever. 7 questions, 3 options each. How difficult can that be? I'm sure that the racers would have learnt the art of jotting down notes about the race. How far can the final challenge stumble them? And with 3 options each, even if racers got the question wrong, just two more tries and they would be done. I wish it had been something that was more intense and required much more brain and memory work. But then again, I doubt Claire and Michelle could have caught up anyway with such a huge lagging time.

I have nothing against the Richards, I think they're nice guys and they absolutely deserve to win. But it's just extremely boring seeing an all-male team win yet again. I really hoped that Claire and Michelle would do a Joe Jer and Zabrina! Sigh, that flight...

Great job to the final three teams though! Even though I was disappointed by Hussein quitting, I'm impressed by the team overall. Seriously, who would have expected them to make the final three? And Claire and Michelle... My Singapore girls! Second place, but that was their best finish the entire race. So kudos to them! And congrats to the Richards for winning, boring or not, they deserved it. =)

If they do have a Season 5, I hope it'll be more well-planned...
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 09:38:46 AM »

:cmaslol   :xmas146

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 10:23:44 AM »

For Season 5, I want to wish this: Fire all the production, casting, editors, music and video makers, HOST. Everyone. Start with a fresh production team.

China Rush beats TARA big time. All of the TARA seasons <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< China Rush
Well, except the host of course. :res: :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 10:26:38 AM »

For Season 5, I want to wish this: Fire all the production, casting, editors, music and video makers, HOST. Everyone. Start with a fresh production team.

China Rush beats TARA big time. All of the TARA seasons <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< China Rush

I've never seen TARA but I've heard rumors about it. It is really that bad?
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2010, 10:58:38 AM »

I do not agree that casting is bad. TARA contestants are acceptable. We've got really good teams IMO. The ones who made the videos and planned the legs are... :cmas31:

And actually, i won't complain about product placements. Because without product placements, the race can't continue. However, stop asking teams to stop by a CALTEX STATION or HILTON HOTEL. Why can't Hilton Hotel or Caltex just sponsor for the team's prizes?!?! :cmas32:

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2010, 12:15:21 PM »
I actually thought that previous seasons weren't that bad. But I feel that this season was really poorly-structured. First, it was the 2 NELs at 10th and 9th placings and none at the later part of the race where it would have mattered more. Then, the extremely uneven Detours in terms of difficulty sometimes. And we have a super lame final challenge...
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2010, 01:24:01 PM »
I actually thought that previous seasons weren't that bad. But I feel that this season was really poorly-structured. First, it was the 2 NELs at 10th and 9th placings and none at the later part of the race where it would have mattered more. Then, the extremely uneven Detours in terms of difficulty sometimes. And we have a super lame final challenge...

I'm just glad there's TARA. But i do agree that the tasks this season are really sloppish. I remembered last season where all the tasks were so hard and challenging and that almost every team eliminated can't complete a challenge or what.

The last task for this season - the questions were kinda okay, it's just the way they do it. Why not do more questions? I mean, if you want to win, you gotta know your stuff that happened on the race well right?

I also don't like how they came all the way to Singapore just to get chili crabs, do some magic, go surfing or GMBungee go to MBS and climb to another tower. OH BEFORE I FORGET, the Detour is TOTALLY imbalanced. It was obvious which choice was the better one.

You can see MBS from GMAX, whereas you must take a cab.. all the way to surf, travel to the beach, change into wet suit, get wet, change intro dry clothes, travel back to main Singapore Island.. then go to MBS. I was shocked Michelle and Claire chose the Sentosa Detour, of course they didn't know MBS was their next stop, otherwise i'm sure they would have opted for it.

I'm just lamenting, because i wnnder when we will really see a DECENT and AMAZING Singapore leg FIT for the AMAZING race? :(

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2010, 07:49:45 PM »

I'm just lamenting, because i wnnder when we will really see a DECENT and AMAZING Singapore leg FIT for the AMAZING race? :(

Season 16 was pretty cool, only Carol & Brandy's bitching through me off.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 06:50:42 PM by redskevin88 »

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2010, 09:27:14 PM »

I know i know.. but Singapore is not just about town area... :cmaslol

Offline GreenNegg

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #34 on: December 12, 2010, 02:30:16 AM »

I know i know.. but Singapore is not just about town area... :cmaslol

Yup, agreed. They should travel all around Singapore! Lion dance is being featured 2 times already!

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #35 on: December 12, 2010, 09:27:06 PM »
One question was WHY did Hussein do the final roadblock? From the trapeze challenge, it was clear Hussein sucked at the physical challenge? Of course, the Richards won, good for them...

BEcause the Detour isn't explained fully during the time they have to choose who will perform it. Only after a member of the team was chosen will the explanation be opened.

I disagaree with the statement that Michelle and Claire made it close due to sheer determination.

Has anybody forgotten that the restaurant (with the crab challenge) opens at 10:00am? Father and Daughter team had to wait almost 10 hours and the Riches 5 hours for it to open. That's why the Singapore Team caught a little bit.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2010, 11:54:56 PM »
One question was WHY did Hussein do the final roadblock? From the trapeze challenge, it was clear Hussein sucked at the physical challenge? Of course, the Richards won, good for them...

BEcause the Detour isn't explained fully during the time they have to choose who will perform it. Only after a member of the team was chosen will the explanation be opened.

I disagaree with the statement that Michelle and Claire made it close due to sheer determination.

Has anybody forgotten that the restaurant (with the crab challenge) opens at 10:00am? Father and Daughter team had to wait almost 10 hours and the Riches 5 hours for it to open. That's why the Singapore Team caught a little bit.

Well, they were determined enough to finish in second and NOT QUIT the final RB. If that counts? :cmaslol

It doesn't matter anyway, right? :cmas20

Offline thespicdatum

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2010, 07:30:46 PM »

Well, they were determined enough to finish in second and NOT QUIT the final RB. If that counts? :cmaslol

It doesn't matter anyway, right? :cmas20

Yes that counts. I was actually routing for the Singapore Team (along with a few other teams) during the early goings up to the latter part of the race, but since the Riches are in the final three, I'm for them all the way.

I just disagree with the aforementioned statement.  :xmas49

Offline calv_10

• RFF Jr. Member
    • Calvin's Hub
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2010, 08:15:54 AM »
had lunch with Rich Hardin on a blogger's meet. nice guy.

i learned that:

- like michelle and claire. they also took notes after each leg. they discuss what happened in the leg during the rest period.
- the most troublesome task for them was the one in korea where rich had to match his answer with the other rich. it took them 3 hours to finish it.
- in the final leg, claire and michelle took the risk on standby to get to the same flight as hussein and natasha. riches played it safe by taking the next flight out. claire and michelle made a huge gamble with flight and paid for it
- rich herrera knew that sentosa was far from the center of the city so they chose the bungee even though rich hardin wanted to do the surf

they really deserve to win.

here are some more stuff:
http://www.calvinshub.com/2010/12/had-a-nice-chat-with-rich-hardin-of-tara-4/
Read my recaps on The Amazing Race Asia after each episode.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2010, 08:40:15 AM »
Great stuff Calvin! Thanks for sharing!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2010, 07:01:02 PM »
I didn't like the craziness of the route. Personally, this would have made more geographic sense:

Penang
Sri Lanka (x2)
S. Korea
Philippines
New Zealand
Australia
Indonesia
Singapore
Kota Kinabalu

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2011, 07:00:58 PM »
I know!! They flew here and there.. what a mess.. :lol:

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #42 on: May 23, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
Just finished watching this season, and thought it was okay overall. The finale was pretty much anti-climatic, as the only suspense was who would finish 2nd, and that wasn't even really suspenseful.

Disappointing that Hussein pulled a LeBron at the roadblock. In the final leg?

Also, at the Add Up detour, I hated that one of the numbers was a single digit. That just made it easier. But this coming from somewhat of a math nerd.  :)