Author Topic: Any Josh Gracin fans?  (Read 4153 times)

Offline erly_star

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
Any Josh Gracin fans?
« on: June 16, 2004, 08:39:48 PM »
He just debuted a CD this week, so i wanted to spread the word. A lotta AI contestants have been putting them out, and I really do like the selection of songs available, particularly on Josh's album.

He's making a couple of TV appearances, with various features on E! and Extra during the week. But in addition to that, he's appearing on ESPN and FOX on Friday and Saturday, respectively. Anyway, here you go:

1) Friday 6/18 ESPN's Cold Pizza from 7-9 am

2) Sat 6/19 FOX's Fox and Family from 7-9 am

Tune in, I'm a huge fan and I really want him to do well!!

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Any Josh Gracin fans?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2004, 11:15:43 AM »
Welcome to the boards erly_star!

I was a huge Josh Gracin fan during his season of AI, but then again, I am also a huge country fan.

I was so excited when I heard his first single.  I really like it.  I havent heard anything else off of his CD, but I think he has an exceptional country music voice.  I think he will go far with a career.  So far he is getting a lot of -play time on the radio, so hopefully thats a good sign!

Offline PapaBear

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2004, 01:28:16 PM »
This may be the first time I have ever had a different opinion than Pittgirl.  :o

I'm not a good judge of his talent as I am not a country music fan.  That's better than I used to be - I used to be an anti-country music fan and told everyone how evil it was.

As far a Josh, when he was on AI he was one of those guys that was easy to root for.  I think he went a lot farther than he should have in the competition (pretty much like 90% of the contestants this year) thanks to world events and being a marine (he was a marine, right?).  He was not "pop idol" material.  Everything he sang other than country was pretty bland.

However I wish him all the success in the world.  He seemed like a very nice and decent guy.  We need more people like that in role model positions.

Offline erly_star

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2004, 08:03:54 PM »
Hey Pittgirl, his album is online at www.cmt.com. Check out his other songs! I particularly liked "The Other Little Soldier".

Offline pittgirl

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 08:32:41 AM »
thanks for that tip erly....i will check it out.

Papa, you are right about him not being a pop idol... :o .... but he is definitely proving himself as a country idol.

Offline Bathfizzy

• RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 12:49:21 AM »
I am happy for Josh that he got a cd out.  He did have a nice voice and he is totally suited for country music.  I wish him well. :)

Offline erly_star

• RFF Newbie
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 10:25:55 PM »
Haha, here's an update!! I just found out from Universal that he's gonna sing the national anthem at the Pepsi 400 this weekend. That's .. so freaking impressive!! Anyway, here's the info:

Fox is airing it at 7:30 pm July 3rd.

Don't forget to check it out!!

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2004, 12:32:06 PM »
WooHoo tks  erly_star ..me being a race fan I will definitly be looking forward to seeing Josh Gracin sing the national anthem..I'll let you all know how he does  :D

Offline puddin

• **puddinpiepork**
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2004, 08:03:38 PM »
 :D :D  He was  the best National Anthem singer all year !! Honest..he was right on !