Author Topic: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol  (Read 179990 times)

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol
« Reply #375 on: January 06, 2011, 06:49:43 AM »
Competitor, give Kisha and Jen a break. At least they didn't do a Mika right? :res:

Very true. Perhaps I was a little hard on them.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #376 on: January 06, 2011, 07:42:30 AM »
Do I agree the task was easy? Yes.
Do I think he made it way harder than it was supposed to be? Yes.
Should he have been able to solve the task? Most definitely.
Does that make him a complete idiot? Doubt it, I still believe he psyched himself out.

This was just one of those tasks that proved that Meghan and Cheyne were the only competent team that season.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #377 on: January 06, 2011, 07:42:59 AM »
Competitor, give Kisha and Jen a break. At least they didn't do a Mika right? :res:

Yeah...they got through it rather than squeal like a middle schooler!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #378 on: January 06, 2011, 12:11:14 PM »
"Olympic" sized swimming pools really only means that it is 50m long. Over the years the other dimenstions have changed. In times past, the outside lanes......1 and 8 had the side of the pool as a boundry. That has changed, due to the fact that the wave motion reflecting off the wall slows down the swimmers in those two lanes.....so they are wider now and have an extra lane outside Lane 1 and Lane 8. The depth has gotten deeper also for the same reason. The deeper the pool, the less the swimmers have to fight the reflected wave motion from the bottom of the pool.

In the 70's, my university built an "Olympic" sized pool for the use of the students. With the exception of the diving area, I can/could stand on the bottom anywhere in the pool. It was not made for inter-university competions.

Since it was fairly new, I dont doubt that the pool used in TAR 14 was over 7' deep. It was not the pool used for Olympic competion, but most assuredly was used for practice during the Olympics.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Reilly Queens

• RFF's Game Queen
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • DESTINY
« Reply #379 on: January 07, 2011, 01:50:59 PM »

Yeah...they got through it rather than squeal like a middle schooler!

haha I so remember that!!! They were bottom feeders anyway....

Kisha and Jen sucked it up!! And to show love for her sister, Kisha put on floaties although she didn't need them  :<3

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #380 on: January 07, 2011, 08:45:19 PM »
dont hate on TAR 14. at least it had a very diverse cast, and some character development of the teams made good tv. it might not be in top 5 seasons but is certainly the worst ): thats the reason that so many teams made it on unfinished business as well

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #381 on: January 08, 2011, 09:48:30 PM »
So this website stole my homemade picture and made it their own. :res: (:;)

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/7604359-amazing-race-season-18-unfinished-business
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #382 on: January 08, 2011, 11:13:41 PM »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #383 on: January 08, 2011, 11:53:05 PM »
So this website stole my homemade picture and made it their own. :res: (:;)

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-news/7604359-amazing-race-season-18-unfinished-business

These are the friends we will see again this year.
Cord and Jet
Mel and Mike
Zev and Justin
Jaime and Cara
LaKisha and Jennifer (Kisha & Jen)
Herb and Nate
Kynt and Vyxin
Ronald and Christina
Gary and Mallory
Margie and Luke
Flight Time and Big Easy
Amanda and Kris
Michael and Kevin

I really laughed hard at Herb and Nate and Flight Time and Big Easy.

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #384 on: January 09, 2011, 01:41:47 AM »
FWIW, the best part about the Kafkablock was that the very first clue in that leg directed teams to a Kafka statue. Any team that took 30 seconds to stare at the weird statue would probably have blitzed through the task.  :snicker:

I'm still a little miffed over there not being anyone from TAR 13. It had a fairly strong cast that gets sort of forgotten due to its winners (who weren't even that bad, I thought). Any of the top 6 teams (save Nick/Starr for various reasons) could legitimately have been cast on UB.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #385 on: January 09, 2011, 03:37:09 AM »
FWIW, the best part about the Kafkablock was that the very first clue in that leg directed teams to a Kafka statue. Any team that took 30 seconds to stare at the weird statue would probably have blitzed through the task.  :snicker:

I'm still a little miffed over there not being anyone from TAR 13. It had a fairly strong cast that gets sort of forgotten due to its winners (who weren't even that bad, I thought). Any of the top 6 teams (save Nick/Starr for various reasons) could legitimately have been cast on UB.

Actually they had a rather weak cast... considering that bumblers Andrew/Dan made it to the final 3, and a lot of the other teams made mistakes...

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #386 on: January 09, 2011, 09:39:51 AM »
FWIW, the best part about the Kafkablock was that the very first clue in that leg directed teams to a Kafka statue. Any team that took 30 seconds to stare at the weird statue would probably have blitzed through the task.  :snicker:

the only people from tar 13 that would deserve to be in unifnished business are Toni & Dallas and Ken & Tina who were the only 2 entertaining teams
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 10:12:14 AM by phant0m »

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #387 on: January 09, 2011, 09:54:06 AM »
Love:
Kisha & Jen
Jamie & Cara
Ron & Chris
Gallory

Like:
Margie & Luke
Kris & Amanda

Meh:
Mel & Mike
Goths
Zev & Justin
Cowboys

Hate:
Globtrotters (I wouldn't have done that to Mika in the Leap of Faith. Stupid boys...)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #388 on: January 09, 2011, 05:14:09 PM »
A part of the Kafka task people seem to forget is that each time racers made a guess they had to fill out a long form (an allegory to Kafka's bureaucratic nightmare), the task was designed to cause confusion.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #389 on: January 09, 2011, 07:32:36 PM »
A part of the Kafka task people seem to forget is that each time racers made a guess they had to fill out a long form (an allegory to Kafka's bureaucratic nightmare), the task was designed to cause confusion.

Some people might find it easy and not distracting at all as a viewer, but as a racer, that will be stressful enough to make them confused (include the loud stamping of three big red X's and scary serious men at the side)
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #390 on: January 10, 2011, 01:03:59 AM »

Some people might find it easy and not distracting at all as a viewer, but as a racer, that will be stressful enough to make them confused (include the loud stamping of three big red X's and scary serious men at the side)

And the constantly ringing telephones in the background.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #391 on: January 10, 2011, 09:26:35 AM »

The task was definitely designed to mess with the team members' minds. Only Meghan excelled at it.

Offline phant0m

• RFF Sr. Member
  • I hate you all.
« Reply #392 on: January 10, 2011, 01:39:33 PM »

add also the food and sleep deprivation, as well as being constantly jetlagged by god how many hours :/

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #393 on: January 11, 2011, 06:46:34 PM »

The task was definitely designed to mess with the team members' minds. Only Meghan excelled at it.

Because she is used to messing with Cheyne's mind.

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #394 on: January 14, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »
Start with the letter that comes first alphabetically, except the word can't possibly start with 'a', so move on to the next letter: f
Combo 1: FANRZ
Combo 2: FARNZ

and at that point, I would recognize FARNZ, but I guess that's just cause I'm a genius  :res:

So it should only take a few combos to figure it out, and if you're really smart, you'd wait until you've found an answer you're confident in

Literally 10 minutes, its not rocket science here

He was told that the word starts with an "F" there are four letters remaining right, another 4 possible combinations and there are like 16 words possible.

It would have taken 20 minutes to figure out.

redskooky, you're close, but the answer is 4!, or 4 x 3 x 2 x 1 = 24 possible combinations of 5 letters beginning with F as the first letter. Those are:

FANRZ
FANZR
FARNZ
FARZN
FAZNR
FAZRN
FNARZ
FNAZR
FNRAZ
FNRZA
FNZAR
FNZRA
FRANZ
FRAZN
FRNAZ
FRNZA
FRZAN
FRZNA
FZANR
FZARN
FZNAR
FZNRA
FZRAN
FZRNA

The only one that makes sense as a real name is FRANZ.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #395 on: January 19, 2011, 11:30:34 PM »
[...]

The only one that makes sense as a real name is FRANZ.

Were the racers aware they were trying to decipher a name? Maybe they thought they had to look for an obscure, Czech word (assuming they paid no attention to the Kafka statue).
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Heliox

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #396 on: January 19, 2011, 11:35:46 PM »
CBS site is up!!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #397 on: February 02, 2011, 10:25:49 AM »
Hi guys and :welcome:

We are talking TAR 18 cast here...

So I am moving y'all over to our wishlist thread here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15213.0.html

Any discussion about former seasons can also go here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,22643.0.html

Have fun! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #398 on: February 11, 2011, 11:53:44 AM »
Is there a B/M/S thread for the Route? :(

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #399 on: February 11, 2011, 09:24:17 PM »
No. And there won't be either. :lol:

But if you must, you can moan here.
RFF's Golden Rule: