Author Topic: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol  (Read 179974 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol
« Reply #125 on: November 24, 2010, 06:48:46 PM »

A little off topic:  I did get a kick out of how Peach's source(s) for the contestants got Ron and Christina confused for Kevin and his father.

Oh yeah, I died laughing too. :groan:  :lol:

But NO ONE from Season 13 was contacted to be on this race, in what I feel is a grievous oversight.  :'(
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #126 on: November 24, 2010, 07:06:21 PM »
From the casting director's perspective, I can understand why TAR13 teams didn't get asked back based on their hooks.

Nick & Starr -- The fact that no winners are on is probably the biggest factor, but would the medical staff have allowed them to race?

Ken & Tina -- I remember that their hook was about whether Tina would reconcile with Ken over his infidelity.  Once their run was over, production probably felt that their storyline had run its course.  Uchenna & Joyce had a similar storyline as the couple whose infertility strained their marriage.  The whole orphanage task was a major plot point in their story.  I believe that they were asked back for TAR11 solely because of their rivalry with Rob & Amber.  Did Ken & Tina have such an intense rivalry with another team?

Andrew & Dan -- No explanation needed.  

Toni & Dallas -- Their hooks were Mother & Son, and elimination via lost passport.  I think they would've had a good chance of coming back, but two teams basically knocked them out.  Margie & Luke had the hooks of Mother & Son, deaf, and also gay, if they wanted to add that.  Zev & Justin had the elimination via lost passport element, but also Asperger's Syndrome.  Unless Toni & Dallas had some drastic changes to their lives in the interim, like a change in sexual orientation or suddenly becoming overtly Muslim, like Bilal & Sa'eed, it was going to be an uphill battle to get cast over those two teams.

I'll leave the rest of the TAR13 teams for others.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #127 on: November 24, 2010, 07:17:02 PM »
From the casting director's perspective, I can understand why TAR13 teams didn't get asked back based on their hooks.

Nick & Starr -- The fact that no winners are on is probably the biggest factor, but would the medical staff have allowed them to race?

Ken & Tina -- I remember that their hook was about whether Tina would reconcile with Ken over his infidelity.  Once their run was over, production probably felt that their storyline had run its course.  Uchenna & Joyce had a similar storyline as the couple whose infertility strained their marriage.  The whole orphanage task was a major plot point in their story.  I believe that they were asked back for TAR11 solely because of their rivalry with Rob & Amber.  Did Ken & Tina have such an intense rivalry with another team?

Andrew & Dan -- No explanation needed.  

Toni & Dallas -- Their hooks were Mother & Son, and elimination via lost passport.  I think they would've had a good chance of coming back, but two teams basically knocked them out.  Margie & Luke had the hooks of Mother & Son, deaf, and also gay, if they wanted to add that.  Zev & Justin had the elimination via lost passport element, but also Asperger's Syndrome.  Unless Toni & Dallas had some drastic changes to their lives in the interim, like a change in sexual orientation or suddenly becoming overtly Muslim, like Bilal & Sa'eed, it was going to be an uphill battle to get cast over those two teams.

I'll leave the rest of the TAR13 teams for others.

Well said!
No, Ken and Tina had no rivalry. They actually had an alliance with Nick and Starr.
I think maybe Starr+Dallas were meant to be the hybrid team peach mentioned, but Starr obviously could not go. Nick could not go b\c of his acting responsibility
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:22:08 PM by the-pr0phet »
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 24, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »
I honestly thought TAR13 was sort of boring other than Kelly/Christy who provided LOL's and Ken/Tina who I wanted to win  soooo bad.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #129 on: November 24, 2010, 07:28:14 PM »
I honestly thought TAR13 was sort of boring other than Kelly/Christy who provided LOL's and Ken/Tina who I wanted to win  soooo bad.

I tend 2 agree. TAR 14 had a better team dynamic.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #130 on: November 24, 2010, 07:29:41 PM »
I think maybe Starr+Dallas were meant to be the hybrid team peach mentioned, but Starr obviously could not go. Nick could not go b\c of his acting responsibility

No. Not them.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #131 on: November 24, 2010, 07:32:07 PM »

No. Not them.

Can you tell who?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #132 on: November 24, 2010, 07:40:45 PM »
I think I said this in a different thread, but I feel the producers owed one to Toni and Dallas.  If you go back and look at what actually happened in Moscow, it was a production error while filming the roadblock that lead to the lost passport and money, and thus, to their elimination. And they would have made a good TAR 13 representative for that season.

I'm even more surprised that none of the TAR 13 teams were even approached. Given Starr's recent diagnosis, she would not have been able to participate even if asked and even if any winners were invited back. But had I been asked I would have suggested T/D.  They were a good team, skills wise, and would have made a very competitive team in the TAR 18 cast.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #133 on: November 24, 2010, 07:42:20 PM »
What's this about a diagnosis?  Is she all right?  (Hoping otherwise.)

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: November 24, 2010, 07:43:27 PM »
I think I said this in a different thread, but I feel the producers owed one to Toni and Dallas.  If you go back and look at what actually happened in Moscow, it was a production error while filming the roadblock that lead to the lost passport and money, and thus, to their elimination. And they would have made a good TAR 13 representative for that season.

I'm even more surprised that none of the TAR 13 teams were even approached. Given Starr's recent diagnosis, she would not have been able to participate even if asked and even if any winners were invited back. But had I been asked I would have suggested T/D.  They were a good team, skills wise, and would have made a very competitive team in the TAR 18 cast.
But as said before..what would have made T/D so different from Margie & Luke or Zev & Justin (other than the responsibility of the lost passport)?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2010, 07:44:19 PM »

Starr has lymphoma. (hoping you were meaning that you were hoping she was ok)

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2010, 07:45:02 PM »

After she and her brother ruined my season?  No, I was not.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #137 on: November 24, 2010, 07:45:59 PM »
What's this about a diagnosis?  Is she all right?  (Hoping otherwise.)

After she and her brother ruined my season?  No, I was not.

That's not even funny. As if it was your season in the first place. What if you had lymphoma right now?

« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:57:01 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 24, 2010, 07:49:22 PM »
Azaria/Christina? Didn't they date?!

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #139 on: November 24, 2010, 07:51:29 PM »

They are from season 12, I thought peach meant that the hybrid team was from 13.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 07:54:51 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #140 on: November 24, 2010, 08:07:00 PM »
Other than Azaria & Christina, the only ones that I could think of were a Sam & Dan/Maria & Tiffany team, Katie & Rachel/Connor & Jonathan team, or maybe even Justin & Lance (Jets fan/Patriots fan) or Brandy & Caite.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #141 on: November 24, 2010, 09:08:24 PM »

After she and her brother ruined my season?  No, I was not.

"By your words we will know you." :barf

This discussion ends NOW!!  :vader:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #142 on: November 24, 2010, 09:09:37 PM »
What about Jordan & Caite (I think they became good friends by the end of last season)
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline tarobbsessed24

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #143 on: November 24, 2010, 09:47:13 PM »

I NO!

does anyone know if they still are?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #144 on: November 25, 2010, 12:48:45 AM »

But as said before..what would have made T/D so different from Margie & Luke or Zev & Justin (other than the responsibility of the lost passport)?

The videographic evidence from the episode (different taxi interiors) that supported the explanation of what happened as explained by Dallas once the episode aired, essentially that the camera crew needed to recharge their packs, IIRC, and unloaded and then reloaded the backpacks and the fanny bag in a different way that Dallas had them in the taxi. (This is how the fanny pack with the passports were found later than day or that night, and were turned into the US Embassy in Moscow the next morning.) The other instances involving misplaced passports did not have this element of production actions involved, which is what made it different, IMHO.
Given what happened this season (TAR 17) in St. Petersberg with the piano detour, I don't think it inappropriate to suggest that Toni/Dallas should have at least been offered the opportunity to be considered for TAR 18. YMMV.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TeamKandA

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #145 on: November 25, 2010, 02:12:38 AM »
Definitely a " 2nd chance" theme because all stars was not recieved well the first time around. With that said , everyone chosen has a well deserved spot and people need to stop looking at the fact that it's not their perfect cast and look at the bigger picture !

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #146 on: November 25, 2010, 09:05:32 AM »

I NO!

does anyone know if they still are?

Chris went on TAR 18 with her dad, so who knows.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #147 on: November 25, 2010, 09:06:39 AM »
What about Jordan & Caite (I think they became good friends by the end of last season)

Jordan of Jordan\Jeff or Jordan of Dan\Jordan?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #148 on: November 25, 2010, 09:07:34 AM »
Other than Azaria & Christina, the only ones that I could think of were a Sam & Dan/Maria & Tiffany team, Katie & Rachel/Connor & Jonathan team, or maybe even Justin & Lance (Jets fan/Patriots fan) or Brandy & Caite.

Is that supposed to be a joke?

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #149 on: November 25, 2010, 09:10:58 AM »
Okay, this is sort of a bitch and moan.

But i thought they should be focused on costs savings for the race now that TAR is being filmed in HD?

How come they're going to Japan this early.. for 2 times in 3 seasons?

And this is our fourth (I think) visit to Japan already?? I thought we only had Philippines visited once before.. how come they pass right by Philippines entirely?! :duno: