Author Topic: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol  (Read 180001 times)

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 18 - CAST/Locations: Bitch and Moan and Squeal here! lol
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2010, 04:32:03 PM »
Tina, we ALL wanted you and Ken to be on All Stars. You were truly one of the most deserving teams. Its such a shame.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #101 on: November 23, 2010, 04:57:17 PM »
Tina, wish you guys were chosen to be on All-Stars!  :'(

Love Team Greene!  :hearts:

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #102 on: November 23, 2010, 05:32:25 PM »
Tina!

Now I am hurt too knowing that you weren't selected because you have a personal schedule conflict. Dang those producers/executives! (:;)

But still, we love Team Greene! :hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Squall

• RFF Jr. Member
  • There is reason to fear;Squall (the first) is here
« Reply #103 on: November 23, 2010, 05:40:17 PM »
My winner spec-

KYNT AND VYXSIN!!!!!!!

Why do u think they were eliminated b4?
Because Kynt messed up at the roadblock and performed it incorrectly

I thought it was because Kynt/Vyxin were dumb and attempted to U-turn Nicholas and Donald when they even knew Nathan and Jennifer were behind them...........had they U-turned Nate/Jen, probably would have made it to the end of TAR 12
"as long as you don't get your hopes up, you can take anything...you feel less pain" --> Squall
Host: The Mole: South Eastern Sabotage
Played: Fantasy Big Brother 2011 (Mythic) - Win | Survivor K: South Pacific: (Coach) - Runner Up

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #104 on: November 23, 2010, 05:54:46 PM »
My winner spec-

KYNT AND VYXSIN!!!!!!!

I thought it was because Kynt/Vyxin were dumb and attempted to U-turn Nicholas and Donald when they even knew Nathan and Jennifer were behind them...........had they U-turned Nate/Jen, probably would have made it to the end of TAR 12
Nate & Jen finished the Detour before Kynt & Vyxsin did. The latter had no way to know they beat the former to the U-Turn so they thought Nick & Don were the only ones that could be behind them.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline WalterC

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #105 on: November 23, 2010, 06:18:07 PM »
Luke/Margie and Kisha/Jen - the TAR version of Yankees/Red Sox

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #106 on: November 23, 2010, 07:03:11 PM »
My winner spec-

KYNT AND VYXSIN!!!!!!!

Nate & Jen finished the Detour before Kynt & Vyxsin did. The latter had no way to know they beat the former to the U-Turn so they thought Nick & Don were the only ones that could be behind them.

affirmative

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #107 on: November 23, 2010, 07:06:27 PM »
Hi Everyone!!!!
Just had to drop in ....especially on this topic;)
Kenny and I were heartbroken to not be chosen for TAR18 ;(  But, we would have been happy if just 1 other TAR13 Team had been selected.
Such a shame as our season had wonderful ratings and was included in the 13/14 Emmy Win.  
Keep up the great work everyone and know even if we do not post that often, we are checking in and reading your wonderful posts.
XOXOXO,
Tina
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

I have to say, hands down, you were my favourite team on TAR 13. On survivorsucks.com the main complaint of the TAR18 teams is the absence of you guys.
I cannot believe they didn't pick you!!  :(

Good luck for the future :) All the best :)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2010, 09:32:49 PM »
Hi Everyone!!!!
Kenny and I were heartbroken to not be chosen for TAR18 ;(  But, we would have been happy if just 1 other TAR13 Team had been selected.
Such a shame as our season had wonderful ratings and was included in the 13/14 Emmy Win. 
Keep up the great work everyone and know even if we do not post that often, we are checking in and reading your wonderful posts.
XOXOXO,
Tina

Love you Tina! The overlooking of season 13 is a crime....
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #109 on: November 23, 2010, 11:37:24 PM »

Definitely check back often Tina!  :hugs:
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #110 on: November 24, 2010, 12:31:28 AM »
Hi Everyone!!!!
Kenny and I were heartbroken to not be chosen for TAR18 ;(  But, we would have been happy if just 1 other TAR13 Team had been selected.
XOXOXO,
Tina

Love you Tina! The overlooking of season 13 is a crime....

I have to say, it wasn't the overlooking of season 13, so much as the overlooking of KenTina.

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #111 on: November 24, 2010, 02:52:55 AM »
These are the teams I thought should be on before the cast was revealed.

1. Ronald and Christina (TAR 12)
2. Kynt and Vyxsin (TAR 12)

3. Ken and Tina (TAR 13)
4. Toni and Dallas (TAR 13)
5. Margie and Luke (TAR 14)
6. Mel and Mike (TAR 14)

7. Brian and Ericka (TAR 15)
8. Jet and Cord (TAR 16)
9. Carol and Brandy (TAR 16)
10. Brook and Claire (TAR 17)
11. Gary and Mallory (TAR 17)

6 of these teams are on, so I sure ain't complaining about them. I think it's a huge waste that Brook is pregnant... These girls are totally worthy of being on All-Stars. I guess the time just isn't right. My opinion on the other 5 teams that I wasn't strongly expecting to be on.

Jaime and Cara - I don't know why I've never considered this team to be on All-Stars before. But I would say that they deserve to be on. They've fought a pretty strong race, and came in second place ultimately. What's more, there's always so much drama with these two girls. They'll definitely bring more colour to the race. And here's hoping they'll win a leg this time...

Kisha and Jen - I was surprised when I found out that they're on. Sure, they'll probably have some drama with Margie and Luke, looking at least season. But I don't think that should be a reason to place them on. Maybe they were competitive and strong. But a thousand other teams are. They should have replaced them with Ken and Tina! (At least it balances the number of teams from each season.)

Amanda and Kris - I'm actually glad to see them on! The reason I didn't consider them was because they finished in 8th place, and looking at the first All-Stars, the producers only cast teams that finished in 6th place or better. But when I found out that they're on, I was like, cool! Maybe many have question marks regarding this team. But I believe that they deserve it. They were a really strong team, they were nice to each other, and they got screwed by a U-Turn. I remember being extremely sad when they left in such a way. It'd be nice to see what they'd do with this second chance!

Flight Time and Big Easy - I didn't particularly like them on their season. But on a strictly impartial view, they do deserve to be on. They were strong, fast, competitive and won quite a number of legs. It'll be interesting to see how they'll fare this time against the other competitive teams. (Although I secretly hope another mental challenge will boot them out of the race lol.)

Zev and Justin - Another team I didn't expect to see. I'm fine with this choice. After all, they were a pretty consistent team on their season, until they lost their passport. They were a nice team as well. So I would say that I don't mind seeing them on another season. But if they'd replaced them with Toni and Dallas, it'd have been a little better. Lol.

I actually like the cast for this season. Other than the fact that there're 5 teams from TAR 14. That's a little too many don't you think. But I guess TAR 14 was just such a great season, they had to put these teams on. Hopefully it'll turn out for good. Another thing I like (which I think many people don't) is that they actually cast an 8th and 9th place team this time. I've always thought that not all teams who have a worse finish than 6th place are bad racers. Some of them are great racers who've gone out in unfortunate ways. So I'm glad that producers are giving these teams another chance.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline The Queen V

• RFF Jr. Member
  • Here comes the queen!
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2010, 04:39:34 AM »
Hi Everyone!!!!
Kenny and I were heartbroken to not be chosen for TAR18 ;(  But, we would have been happy if just 1 other TAR13 Team had been selected.
XOXOXO,
Tina

aww tina... :(

i hope you had been casted in tar 18 :( tar 13 is severely underrepresented. we would have loved you guys seeing how you coud interact with the other teams

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2010, 04:48:02 AM »
Hi Everyone!!!!
XOXOXO,
Tina

Tina! I gotta say i was really upset to not see you two on Allstars! I couldn't believe it at all! Besides, i really grew on you throughout TAR 13 and was rooting for the two of you to win! :'(

Offline Rob

• RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Reality Fan Forum
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2010, 08:56:51 AM »
Hi Everyone!!!!
XOXOXO,
Tina

Tina, We love you guys, its a shame that TAR13 wasn't represented somehow! It was one of the better seasons lately, and had good teams, with good back & forth that made for some great TV. Even good rivalries, and thats what TAR needs! We would have loved to seen you guys on there...

But Mark & Toni from TAR13 will be on RFFRadio LIVE TONIGHT at 9pm Eastern - http://rffradio.com/live to listen (Sorry for the shameless plug! haha)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #115 on: November 24, 2010, 09:21:19 AM »
Tina, We love you guys, its a shame that TAR13 wasn't represented somehow! It was one of the better seasons lately, and had good teams, with good back & forth that made for some great TV. Even good rivalries, and thats what TAR needs! We would have loved to seen you guys on there...

But Mark & Toni from TAR13 will be on RFFRadio LIVE TONIGHT at 9pm Eastern - http://rffradio.com/live to listen (Sorry for the shameless plug! haha)

I think it must be that some of the TAR13 teams were invited but could not come. Because of this they had to invite some teams from other years to fill in.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #116 on: November 24, 2010, 10:16:11 AM »

I think it must be that some of the TAR13 teams were invited but could not come. Because of this they had to invite some teams from other years to fill in.

NO ONE from Season 13 was invited.  The word on the street is that this season was just too darn nice. :(

There were at least 4 other teams from other seasons  that turned this down, including a possible hybrid team.

I think overall none of us will ever have the same list, so all of us will be disappointed that one of our favorites didn't make it on.

But looking forward to see how this all plays out!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #117 on: November 24, 2010, 12:02:48 PM »
Do tell us about the 4 other teams, Peach. If you don't mind, that is. Am curious to know who got asked but declined for whatever reason.

Offline michael

• The King of St Olaf
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 24, 2010, 12:04:56 PM »

NO ONE from Season 13 was invited.  The word on the street is that this season was just too darn nice. :(

There were at least 4 other teams from other seasons  that turned this down, including a possible hybrid team.

I think overall none of us will ever have the same list, so all of us will be disappointed that one of our favorites didn't make it on.

Three teams I supported are on so I'm happy...

Gingerbeasts/Ron and Christina/Kynt and Vyxin!

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #119 on: November 24, 2010, 04:11:27 PM »

Three teams I supported are on so I'm happy...

Gingerbeasts/Ron and Christina/Kynt and Vyxin!

Wooo! I love your picks!!

Offline TeamKandA

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #120 on: November 24, 2010, 05:06:49 PM »
 :wohoo:

3. Ken and Tina (TAR 13)
6. Mel and Mike (TAR 14)

8. Jet and Cord (TAR 16)

6 of these teams are on, so I sure ain't complaining about them. I think it's a huge waste that Brook is pregnant... These girls are totally worthy of being on All-Stars. I guess the time just isn't right. My opinion on the other 5 teams that I wasn't strongly expecting to be on.

Jaime and Cara - I don't know why I've never considered this team to be on All-Stars before. But I would say that they deserve to be on. They've fought a pretty strong race, and came in second place ultimately. What's more, there's always so much drama with these two girls. They'll definitely bring more colour to the race. And here's hoping they'll win a leg this time...

Kisha and Jen - I was surprised when I found out that they're on. Sure, they'll probably have some drama with Margie and Luke, looking at least season. But I don't think that should be a reason to place them on. Maybe they were competitive and strong. But a thousand other teams are. They should have replaced them with Ken and Tina! (At least it balances the number of teams from each season.)

Amanda and Kris - I'm actually glad to see them on! The reason I didn't consider them was because they finished in 8th place, and looking at the first All-Stars, the producers only cast teams that finished in 6th place or better. But when I found out that they're on, I was like, cool! Maybe many have question marks regarding this team. But I believe that they deserve it. They were a really strong team, they were nice to each other, and they got screwed by a U-Turn. I remember being extremely sad when they left in such a way. It'd be nice to see what they'd do with this second chance!

Flight Time and Big Easy - I didn't particularly like them on their season. But on a strictly impartial view, they do deserve to be on. They were strong, fast, competitive and won quite a number of legs. It'll be interesting to see how they'll fare this time against the other competitive teams. (Although I secretly hope another mental challenge will boot them out of the race lol.)

Zev and Justin - Another team I didn't expect to see. I'm fine with this choice. After all, they were a pretty consistent team on their season, until they lost their passport. They were a nice team as well. So I would say that I don't mind seeing them on another season. But if they'd replaced them with Toni and Dallas, it'd have been a little better. Lol.

I actually like the cast for this season. Other than the fact that there're 5 teams from TAR 14. That's a little too many don't you think. But I guess TAR 14 was just such a great season, they had to put these teams on. Hopefully it'll turn out for good. Another thing I like (which I think many people don't) is that they actually cast an 8th and 9th place team this time. I've always thought that not all teams who have a worse finish than 6th place are bad racers. Some of them are great racers who've gone out in unfortunate ways. So I'm glad that producers are giving these teams another chance.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #121 on: November 24, 2010, 05:38:52 PM »

3. Ken and Tina (TAR 13)
6. Mel and Mike (TAR 14)

8. Jet and Cord (TAR 16)

[\quote]

Several people have mistakenly said that Brook is pregnant, it is actually Claire. As far as it being a huge waste, I am not sure how she would feel about that...
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

DavidJunior

« Reply #122 on: November 24, 2010, 05:42:54 PM »
Guys, don't forget that this isn't necessarily an "All-stars" season.

Frankly, I'm getting a "second chances" vibe moreso than a "All-stars" vibe.

most (if not all) these teams either got eliminated or lost out in the finals due to unfortunate circumstances

Kynt and Vyxsin- the unfortunate situation of the U-turn in India and the Roadblock that followed
Ron and Christina- losing their lead because of a really challenging final memory task
Amanda and Kris- falling victim to possibly the hardest U-turn (besides maybe that one in S16) to date
Mel and Mike- running a strong race until getting horrible directions in Phuket
Kisha and Jen- the infamous potty break
Jaime and Cara/Margie and Luke- another challenging final task (+ bad taxis didn't help J/C's cause)
Zev and Justin- the passport fiasco
Flight Time and Big Easy- the (not so) challenging Roadblock in Prague
Jet and Cord- that one move that Dan and Jordan used on the airplane during the finale really solidified their fate
Gary and Mallory- done in by a bad map

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #123 on: November 24, 2010, 06:00:55 PM »
I also seem to remember something about a production snafu costing Christina time climbing the glacier?? Can't remember the details though...
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #124 on: November 24, 2010, 06:37:14 PM »
Wow, before I bitch and moan, congratulations to all involved in the Australia spoilerage.   :waves:

I just can't believe that there is another all stars.  Season 11 (All-stars) was so poorly received in the Spring of 2007 that Season 12 was orginally delayed to the following Spring.  But Viva Laughlin sucked so bad that Season 12 started during the fall sweeps of 2007.  Do you remember those days of when it looked like 1 Race per year?  Ugh!!

As for the race teams, they don't look so bad to me.

From Season 12, I beleive that Nate & Jen are no longer together so they should be out and Grandpa Donald is probably too old.

Toni & Dallas from season 13 are to me the biggest omission.  I wonder if they turned down an invite.  Sarah would have been a great choice but I think she is no longer with that guy so she's out.

From season 15, Maria & Tiffany would have been a good choice but I wouldn't be surprised if they turned it down.

From season 16, no one else other than the Cowboys were memorable.  While I thought Jeff did an excellent job with Around the World for Free, he and Jordan were poor racers.  The only interesting thing about seeing them again would have been to see if their team dynamic grew as much as Boston Rob and Amber's did between their two races.  In Race 11, Amber had more of an equal voice with Boston Rob than she did during Race 7.  I wonder if Jordan would have also grown as much.

As for Race 17, I really don't who could have said yes if asked.  I know that my employer would not have given me the time off to race twice around the world in one calendar year.

A little off topic:  I did get a kick out of how Peach's source(s) for the contestants got Ron and Christina confused for Kevin and his father.