Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 269398 times)

Offline Lucybell

• RFF Full Member
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #2100 on: March 24, 2011, 09:01:06 AM »
We can speculate right here Lucybell! Once the episode thread is open, we try to keep everything together. So spec away!! :yess:

Thanks Peach!  :tup:

OK Since she stated, 'Don't count your chickens before they hatch' in reference to Marge and Luke (Zev/Justin and Ron/Christina, as well) possibly eliminated this week, I assume that the information she obtained might be a Luke & Marge win this season?  :duno:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2101 on: March 24, 2011, 09:04:20 AM »
I don't think anybody at all knows who won TAR:UB. If you click on the links that woden placed in this week's timeline, you can see that all teams except Zev\Justin, Margie\Luke, and Ron\Chris have been spotted past this leg, which is why the status of those three teams is uncertain.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2102 on: March 24, 2011, 09:16:05 AM »
This is not the place for wishlists.

Those can go here:
http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,15213.0.html
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #2103 on: March 24, 2011, 09:20:12 AM »
TARAS DVD SOON PLEASE!

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2104 on: March 24, 2011, 09:23:32 AM »
:kuss:
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2105 on: March 24, 2011, 06:00:42 PM »
Someone might have brought this up already, but I'm starting to believe that any final memory challenge is going to deal with animals.

Leg 1: Aquatic animals
Leg 2: Kangaroo
Leg 3: Kintarō Statue bear
Leg 4: Yak/Chinese Zodiac
Leg 5: Dinosaur
Leg 6: Ganesha (elephant)

(If TPTB decided to make it more difficult like everything else in TAR18, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided on a multi-layered memory roadblock, where there are no notes allowed, and each racer would have to identify all the animals, all the uniforms that each greeter was wearing with only images of the uniform itself and no faces or bodies of the greeters, and an extra layer on top of those two.)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2106 on: March 24, 2011, 06:31:34 PM »
This is actually very plausible, slayton! It will be interesting if what they really do is close to some of the spec on here.

Offline sweffilou

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2107 on: March 24, 2011, 08:13:15 PM »

(If TPTB decided to make it more difficult like everything else in TAR18, I wouldn't be surprised if they decided on a multi-layered memory roadblock, where there are no notes allowed, and each racer would have to identify all the animals, all the uniforms that each greeter was wearing with only images of the uniform itself and no faces or bodies of the greeters, and an extra layer on top of those two.)

Or maybe something similar to the memory task from tar12???
So if you care to find me, Look to the western sky!
As someone told me lately: "Everyone deserves the chance to fly!"

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #2108 on: March 24, 2011, 08:43:30 PM »
Given that the Racers have had a task already this season that expressly prohibited them from using notes, the possibility of such a requirement as part of a final task would make sense.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Best FF Ever!
« Reply #2109 on: March 24, 2011, 11:36:06 PM »
Given that the Racers have had a task already this season that expressly prohibited them from using notes, the possibility of such a requirement as part of a final task would make sense.
The difference was that in the task on Leg 5 they were not allowed to take notes. If they wanted to forbid the teams from using their own notes at the final memory challenge they could always confiscate them.
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2110 on: March 25, 2011, 12:17:08 AM »
Or then again, they could choose not to even have a final memory challenge.... :res:

TAR 12 and the flag one still live on as the best and most challenging ones ever...for me.

Offline XYteppuP

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • #TeamCaleb
« Reply #2111 on: March 25, 2011, 03:20:33 AM »
I like TAR 11's challenge whereby you key the code into the safe! :lol:

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2112 on: March 25, 2011, 12:17:17 PM »
Or then again, they could choose not to even have a final memory challenge.... :res:

TAR 12 and the flag one still live on as the best and most challenging ones ever...for me.

The surfboards were pretty good too, especially since for some legs they picked obscure things (ie the church in leg 1, one of the RB foods in leg '11').

Offline slayton

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2113 on: March 27, 2011, 04:19:42 PM »
I always like making my final prediction way in advance, and it helps that I have no particular rooting interest this season clouding my judgment. 

Unless the editing was completely revamped, I expect to see Zev & Justin win.  I expect Kent & Vyxsin and Ronald & Christina to make the final 4 and likely the final 3, and even though I wouldn't be surprised by either of these two teams winning, I still see them as long shots.

Based on the editing, I didn't expect Margie & Luke to get far.

My reading of the tea leaves has Gary & Mallory, Herbert & Nathaniel, Kisha & Jen, and Jet & Cord exiting in episodes 7 to 11.

I don't mind being wrong because it would mean that they revamped the way they cut the show, but if I'm on target, then TPTB should really change the way they cut the show starting with TAR19.

Offline allie303

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #2114 on: March 27, 2011, 04:52:24 PM »
Very interesting predictions Slayton...

If I had to pick a winner, it would be Jen and Kisha or Gary and Mallory. Both have had fairly harmless and positive edits that tend to characterize the winner's edit, IMO.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2115 on: March 27, 2011, 05:23:27 PM »
I always like making my final prediction way in advance, and it helps that I have no particular rooting interest this season clouding my judgment. 

Unless the editing was completely revamped, I expect to see Zev & Justin win.  I expect Kent & Vyxsin and Ronald & Christina to make the final 4 and likely the final 3, and even though I wouldn't be surprised by either of these two teams winning, I still see them as long shots.

Based on the editing, I didn't expect Margie & Luke to get far.

My reading of the tea leaves has Gary & Mallory, Herbert & Nathaniel, Kisha & Jen, and Jet & Cord exiting in episodes 7 to 11.

I don't mind being wrong because it would mean that they revamped the way they cut the show, but if I'm on target, then TPTB should really change the way they cut the show starting with TAR19.

Your reading of the tea leaves? I don't want to start a who will win argument but I don't agree with your conclusions.

jiajia12

« Reply #2116 on: March 27, 2011, 05:58:28 PM »
I Dont agree either, i think Kent/Vyx is going soon

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2117 on: March 27, 2011, 06:03:22 PM »
I don't want to start a who will win argument

Then don't!!

This is a speculation thread, all speculation is welcomed.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2118 on: March 27, 2011, 06:31:54 PM »
Ok, if it is alright then I will give my opinion. It's just my opinion and I respect everyone else's opinion about the final and what teams will attend and/or win and am not starting an argument.

I would be quite surprised to see Kisha and Jen, Gary and Mallory, or Jet and Cord eliminated soon. In fact if I had to pick a final three it would probably be these three. Although Ron and Chris could beat the sisters. The cowboys and Gallory performed mostly well in their previous seasons and still seem to be strong competitors this time. I'm not crazy about the editing theory but I would tend to think that the editors are favoring these two teams by portraying them as interesting and positive. Basically though, we can't really tell for certain at this point who might win.

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Best FF Ever!
« Reply #2119 on: March 27, 2011, 09:40:14 PM »
At this point, due tot he constant flip-flopping of positions, I think that the teams' fate will be determined by a single task that will be their do-or-die. Therefore, I will eliminate the "previous performance" factor and consider each leg as an independent event.

Based on what Mel & Mike said about getting to know Ron better, I speculate Ron & Christina were sent to ES, and if only teams 4-6 do decoys, that would mean they are eliminated next week.

Now, onto my predictions of F3. Based on screen-time, the most featured teams this season, and those more likely to be on the F3 based on this, IMO are:
Gary & Mallory, Zev & Justin and Kent & Vyxsin

Flight Time & Big Easy have been recently shown to have positive interactions with other teams so far, so they might get a high placement.

Jet & Cord are being edited a bit under-the-radar, and they have the taxi-stealing karma pending on them.

Kisha & Jen are also UTR, but this is due to the editors probably not including their fighting scenes. This could be either, not including them because they are eliminated, or they go for the win unexpectedly. Another thing to consider is that they get the "...Million Dollars" quote shown in the preview and in the episode, the same as with Nat & Kat.

Concluding, I believe the Final 3 are:
Zev & Justin, Kent & Vyxsin and Gallory/Jenkisha
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Bring on TAR25
« Reply #2120 on: March 27, 2011, 10:06:59 PM »
Did anyone else notice the order that the teams were placed in for the monologue "8 teams remain, who will be eliminated next"

1. Zev and Justin (one to watch, a blogger said)
2. Gary and Mallory (one to watch, a blogger said)
3. Ron and Christina (under the radar)
4. FT and BE (spotted in Rio De Janiero F4?)
5. Kisha and Jen (one to watch, a blogger said)
6. Jet and Cord (spotted in Madrid, en route to Austria F6?)
7. Kent and Vyxsin (last to Elim. Station? Friends with Luke, Amanda etc)
8. Margie and Luke
9. Jamie and Cara
10. Mel and Mike
11. Amanda and Kris
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams' - 'To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Saravannan

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #2121 on: March 27, 2011, 11:11:49 PM »
Did anyone else notice the order that the teams were placed in for the monologue "8 teams remain, who will be eliminated next"

8. Margie and Luke
9. Jamie and Cara
10. Mel and Mike
11. Amanda and Kris

A bit obvious though, isn't it?

Or it's just my hoping that Jet/Cord make it further :P

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
« Reply #2122 on: March 28, 2011, 12:52:00 AM »

8. Margie and Luke
9. Jamie and Cara
10. Mel and Mike
11. Amanda and Kris

Where was this?

Cause I DON'T expect to see K/V arrive at Elim station, (going by J/C's interview) and I DO expect R/C  to (going by M/M's interviews)

I have a feeling that Gary and Mallory win, with Kisha and Jen 2nd and Zev and Justin 3rd.
Maybe K/V as the fourth placed (I desperately want them to make it far) and the Cowboys 5th.
Then I would say Globetrotters 6th and finally Ron and Christina 7th.

So my speculation is
1. Gary and Mallory
2. Kisha and Jen
3. Zev and Justin
4. Kent and Vyxsin
5. Jet and Cord
6. Flight time and Big Easy
7. Ron and Christina

Offline mds1978

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #2123 on: March 28, 2011, 04:53:50 PM »
I believe that if the cowboys were truly spotted in the Madrid airport, they must have been en route to the elimination station (in southeast asia).

And I wouldn't place any bets on any team from S14 making it to the F3.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #2124 on: March 28, 2011, 05:18:34 PM »
:welcome2: to RFF, mds1978!

Custom Search