Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 270401 times)

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #1975 on: February 12, 2011, 01:32:15 PM »
I know this is a bit off topic, but don't forget maybe there is a new kind of task like they introduced the double u-turn last year.

I was thinking maybe the last 3 teams that are on flight #2 may need to each U-Turn them selves somewhere in the race. My guess is it  must have been Amanda and Kris who chose to you there automatic U-Turn on the TBC Leg Part 2.

Just a guess that is 99% completely off.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1976 on: February 12, 2011, 02:01:50 PM »
Ignore me if I'm missing something here, but I am under the impression that the penalty goes to the team that finished the initial start line task last. I'm also under the impression that this start line penalty earns that particular team an "automatic" U-Turn at some point in the Race.

I don't read this as meaning the penalty attached to the first Detour task of the Race, and it could be applied at the point where a U-Turn is first available (Blind, Double, or normal).  That would make the most sense to me, because that particular team will be trying to stay far enough ahead of the back of the pack so they could complete both tasks of a detour that the U-Turn is available for, and still not be the last team to arrive at the pit stop for whatever leg the U-Turn first appears.

From a production viewpoint, this assures that both tasks of that particular Detour gets performed and thus not waste any production costs on something not used, and gives WRP something for the editors to play with.  And it leaves the teams guessing when this will happen, and means that some other team(s) could also be U-Turned, as the U-Turn could still be a normal one, a blind one, or a double one in addition to the one team having to automatically perform both detour tasks.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1977 on: February 12, 2011, 02:06:04 PM »
Ignore me if I'm missing something here, but I am under the impression that the penalty goes to the team that finished the initial start line task last. I'm also under the impression that this start line penalty earns that particular team an "automatic" U-Turn at some point in the Race.

I don't read this as meaning the penalty attached to the first Detour task of the Race, and it could be applied at the point where a U-Turn is first available (Blind, Double, or normal).  That would make the most sense to me, because that particular team will be trying to stay far enough ahead of the back of the pack so they could complete both tasks of a detour that the U-Turn is available for, and still not be the last team to arrive at the pit stop for whatever leg the U-Turn first appears.

From a production viewpoint, this assures that both tasks of that particular Detour gets performed and thus not waste any production costs on something not used, and gives WRP something for the editors to play with.  And it leaves the teams guessing when this will happen, and means that some other team(s) could also be U-Turned, as the U-Turn could still be a normal one, a blind one, or a double one in addition to the one team having to automatically perform both detour tasks.

So you're saying that you think that this "automatic U-turn" penalty is not nessecarily incured during the first leg, but where the actual first U-Turn is?
If this is the case, then it was Jamie and Cara who finished the starting line task last.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1978 on: February 12, 2011, 02:15:58 PM »
So you're saying that you think that this "automatic U-turn" penalty is not nessecarily incured during the first leg, but where the actual first U-Turn is?
If this is the case, then it was Jamie and Cara who finished the starting line task last.

Let's please not all jump to unfounded assumptons.  We have NO evidence of the rules of this new penalty, so it is impossible at this time to say why and when and who this will affect with any certainty.

This makes excellent sense though:

Speculating that the automatic U-Turn may be the opposite of the Express Pass.
If you get the automatic U-Turn by finishing last in the start line challenge, at some point during the race you must U-Turn yourself and complete the other side of the detour.
The strategy question for the team that is burdened with the auto U-Turn is when do you use it? Right away when you may have a slight lead or hold on to it until the last leg?  :duno:

Jaime and Cara were however, I believe, U-Turned in the traditional way. :angel
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1979 on: February 12, 2011, 02:41:35 PM »
If you get the automatic U-Turn by finishing last in the start line challenge, at some point during the race you must U-Turn yourself and complete the other side of the detour.
The strategy question for the team that is burdened with the auto U-Turn is when do you use it? Right away when you may have a slight lead or hold on to it until the last leg?  :duno:

Whether or not we have any evidence for this, I do like this idea and think it would make the Race very interesting.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1980 on: February 12, 2011, 04:26:35 PM »
This makes excellent sense though:

It just has a beautiful symetery about it.
Matthew 7:15

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1981 on: February 12, 2011, 06:27:39 PM »
I'm not saying there's not more than one way to interpret what is known, but I thought I should lay out an alternate way that the new penalty might, I repeat might, work in practice.

But I agree we'll have to wait until we have more information than we have right now.
-- theschnauzers

Offline #HEEL

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1982 on: February 12, 2011, 08:25:18 PM »
If the team that receives this automatic U-Turn gets it in a later leg, and knows that its coming, it would make sense to also U-Turn a team at that point. If this is the case, it may be why Jamie and Cara end up U-Turned.

Offline JETandCORDfan

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1983 on: February 12, 2011, 10:41:52 PM »
Either way guys, all of you have great speculation and ideas!

When all the episodes premier we will know!

Remember We are only a week away until the premier!

Offline LoveRocked

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yoo Jae Suk Running Man <33333333
« Reply #1984 on: February 12, 2011, 11:19:41 PM »
Either way guys, all of you have great speculation and ideas!

When all the episodes premier we will know!

Remember We are only a week away until the premier!

Yeah.. I agree with you.. We need know right now and One week left until the primetime...  they are amazing detective,  and analysis evidence but not much enough evidence..
I really wish we could stay longer in the countries we visit, but I've been lucky to have visited most of them before, because I've done a tremendous amount of travel. - Phil Keoghan

The Amazing Race 22-23 is coming soon!

Offline Zack.

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1985 on: February 13, 2011, 11:44:59 AM »
I suspect the automatic U-Turn would work best in a double, i.e. have one team's photo already up, with the 'Courtesy of' picture being their own image or Phil or something. This way someone else (or the affected team) can still use it if they haul enough ass.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1986 on: February 13, 2011, 11:50:02 AM »
I think the Automatic U-turn is something that the team affected has to do...not a choice for them, and stands alone.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Best FF Ever!
« Reply #1987 on: February 14, 2011, 01:20:40 AM »
I think the Automatic U-turn is something that the team affected has to do...not a choice for them, and stands alone.

I agree with this. I would speculate that it would work just as a Speedbump (with the pics of the team already there).

Additionally, having a penalty that might come haunt you unexpectedly in an unknown future leg screams: "FREE DRAMA" to me.

BTW, doesn't it seem kind of interesting that the previous returning-racers (S11) featured the Yield extensively and that now the U-Turn comes into the spotlight in a similar fashion?
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1988 on: February 15, 2011, 01:22:37 AM »
Hmmm...

One thing I have learned from doing the caps is that we see certain shots for a reason...clues if you like.

This season appears to be no different.  ;)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #lookatmyeyesroll
« Reply #1989 on: February 15, 2011, 02:55:40 AM »
Since this is a speculation thread..

I am more incline to think that the team who receives the penalty of an automatic U-TURN will not know when the U-TURN will be placed on the race.. and that Phil will include in his speech that this team who receives the penalty will then have to race as hard as they can each leg just in case the automatic U-TURN happens on that leg. If you get eliminated before the automatic U-TURN appears, then too bad.. because you're indeed too weak. If you're still in the race by the time the automatic U-TURN appears.. then you gotta work your ass and complete it without getting eliminated!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1990 on: February 15, 2011, 03:03:56 AM »
They know.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #lookatmyeyesroll
« Reply #1991 on: February 15, 2011, 03:13:13 AM »
They know.

If they do.. then they will know which leg they will have a U-TURN?

Offline countryboy270

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1992 on: February 15, 2011, 12:08:52 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:49:06 AM by countryboy270 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1993 on: February 15, 2011, 12:12:18 PM »
 :bigwelcome countryboy270!

We are glad you are here, feel free to chime in on the discussions!

Friends and family have it tough...sometimes it is hard to read other's opinions of your friends based on what we see on the show...so do forgive us and feel free to tell us your side as well!

Offline countryboy270

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1994 on: February 15, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »
nm
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:52:45 AM by countryboy270 »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #1995 on: February 15, 2011, 01:37:28 PM »
Let's get to the point.

Do you think you will ever tell who these mysterious contestants are?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1996 on: February 15, 2011, 01:39:25 PM »
Let's not go there...we aren't asking you for your real name and YOUR roommates name. :lol:

We are glad to have anyone...racers, friends,  families, fans here!! And hope you all have fun.

Offline countryboy270

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1997 on: February 15, 2011, 10:51:31 PM »
There are some good investigators on here as I have seen. I'm sure you all can find out who I have connections with. One hint: read my username :D

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #1998 on: February 15, 2011, 10:53:16 PM »
There are some good investigators on here as I have seen. I'm sure you all can find out who I have connections with. One hint: read my username :D

:ascared
TARAS DVD SOON PLEASE!

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1999 on: February 15, 2011, 11:20:42 PM »
quote removed by request

Thanks for all the info and welcome to RFF.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2011, 12:59:29 AM by georgiapeach »
Matthew 7:15

Custom Search