Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds

Author Topic: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*  (Read 269436 times)

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: TAR 18 Speculation and Discussion *contains Spoilers*
« Reply #1025 on: November 29, 2010, 08:47:14 PM »
[
Marked for Elimination is a version of the non-elimination leg that requires the NEL team 2 incurr a 30-min penalty if they did not check in first in the following leg. This was originally the second version of the NEL, but it has been brought back.

I believe weihen said that was a miscommunication...let's check? I am not yet convinced of that unless there was something I missed. ???

I believe we had a witness who saw Kynt/Vyxsin arrive the next leg (not in first), allowing Kisha/Jen to check in ahead of them? I thought this was our confirmation of the return of the MFE penalty?

Again, I am not sure? I just remember weihen correcting himself here:

Some add information:
No speedbump this season,goth must come first next leg or they will receive a 30-mins  penalty.

I'm sorry he said he isn't sure about this...but he heard sth about 30mins.

So I think we need to see if weihen can confirm this now? Might be a MFE or might be a mistake penalty....just want to be SURE!!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1026 on: November 29, 2010, 08:47:44 PM »
According to Weihen Myanmar is a possiblity! :yess:
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1027 on: November 29, 2010, 09:00:05 PM »

I just guess...no proof.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1028 on: November 29, 2010, 09:02:39 PM »

I just guess...no proof.

Myanmar is not the kind of place for the race to visit right now, political unrest and controversy is still there.

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1029 on: November 29, 2010, 09:03:56 PM »

I just guess...no proof.

Ok i was assuming you had some sort of source.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1030 on: November 29, 2010, 09:05:56 PM »
I thnik it's a 24hrs pitstop...since teams started 4th leg in Lijiang right now after 3rd leg(this is not a rolling pitstop)...they should have a  long time rest.

Offline graytex

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1031 on: November 29, 2010, 09:09:34 PM »
Myanmar is highly unlikely.  Politically not the place to go, and not the easiest country to get permission to visit.

In the past 6 season, we've had 3-5 legs in Asia.  We've now had 4 so next leg could still be in Asia.  Europe is a very likely possibility.  The Middle East has lately been in the races filmed in the summer for some reason, so that seems a little less likely.

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1032 on: November 29, 2010, 09:11:37 PM »
I thnik it's a 24hrs pitstop...since teams started 4th leg in Lijiang right now after 3rd leg(this is not a rolling pitstop)...they should have a  long time rest.

where is the nearest International Airport in Kunming?

I know there is AirAsia flight to KL ...
LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline TheAmazingRace4Ever

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1033 on: November 29, 2010, 09:20:05 PM »

where is the nearest International Airport in Kunming?

I know there is AirAsia flight to KL ...

its  Kunming Wujiaba International Airport it in Kumming here is a link  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunming_Wujiaba_International_Airport  :tup:
[/quote]
Go Sam & Renae ,  Tyler & Nathan, Alana & Mel, and Jeff & Luke!♥

Offline cabioTAR

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #1034 on: November 29, 2010, 09:27:03 PM »

I just guess...no proof.

Ok i was assuming you had some sort of source.

1  direct flight to Yangoon ...

RGN Yangon    CA 905    Air China International    1:20 PM

LOVE TARA - cabioTAR

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1035 on: November 29, 2010, 09:49:26 PM »
i think this is the right forum....says "speculation" and I'm completely speculating here but I found this article and wonder if it's clues of where the teams may be going this time.

“We’re thrilled the audience watching us sprint around the globe each week will continue to witness the breathtaking landscapes that serve as our backdrops, only now in high definition. Whether we’re racing alongside the crystal-white peaks of the Arctic Circle, the neon-lined skyscrapers of Japan, or the color-drenched domes of the Russian Kremlin, fans will enjoy a heightened viewing experience as we bring the world to their couch every Sunday night,” said Executive Producer and co-Creator Bertram van Munster."

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cbs-amazing-race-set-to-return-in-spring-in-hd-at-last/

Offline AmazingRace n00b

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1036 on: November 29, 2010, 09:58:30 PM »
i think this is the right forum....says "speculation" and I'm completely speculating here but I found this article and wonder if it's clues of where the teams may be going this time.

“We’re thrilled the audience watching us sprint around the globe each week will continue to witness the breathtaking landscapes that serve as our backdrops, only now in high definition. Whether we’re racing alongside the crystal-white peaks of the Arctic Circle, the neon-lined skyscrapers of Japan, or the color-drenched domes of the Russian Kremlin, fans will enjoy a heightened viewing experience as we bring the world to their couch every Sunday night,” said Executive Producer and co-Creator Bertram van Munster."

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cbs-amazing-race-set-to-return-in-spring-in-hd-at-last/

that does sound suspicious since they went to Japan, but it could easily be a coincidence.  I did have a feeling they'd go to the artic circle for some reason, though I have no clue why.  But they were just in Russia on season 17.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1037 on: November 29, 2010, 10:25:07 PM »
Departing international flights from Kunming, China.....I am adding any flights to Hong Kong, since it is such a good hub.......

Nov 29....
Yangon (Rangoon, Myrnmar)  0400
Bangkok    0810
Yangon      0840
Hong Kong 0910
Vientiane, Laos  0940
Dhaka, Bangladesh  1250
Vientiane      1330
Bangkok      1520
Hong Kong   1525
Hong Kong   1930
Singapore     2240
Seoul            2350
Kolkata (Calcutta)  2355

November 30......basically the same with these added destinations
Mandalay, Myrnmar  0855
Mandalay   1355
Colombo, Sri Lanka   1620
Taipei          1620
Dhaka        2000
Hanoi         2115

I would think the most likely places would be.......since the race is trending west to east.
Bangkok......for either stop in Thailand or connections to other places to the West
Dhaka........connections to India and Middle East and other places to the West.
Singapore.....for the same reasons as Bangkok.......lots of long distance connections to other places to the West
Kolkata......another connection to India......but not sure about connectivity out of their airport there or stability in India as a whole.....TAR hasnt been to India in a while.....since TAR 14 I think.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 10:54:27 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Online georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #1038 on: November 29, 2010, 10:25:56 PM »

Sounds TAR 17-ish, so I expect just a general description. Thanks! Will move it to media....
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1039 on: November 29, 2010, 10:37:17 PM »
Departing international flights from Kunming, China.....I am adding any flights to Hong Kong, since it is such a good hub.......

Nov 29....
Yangon (Rangoon, Myrnmar)  0400
Bangkok    0810
Yangon      0840
Hong Kong 0910
Vientiane, Laos  0940
Dhaka, Bangladesh  1250
Vientiane      1330
Bangkok      1520
Hong Kong   1525
Hong Kong   1930
Singapore     2240
Seoul            2350
Kolkata (Calcutta)  2355

November 30......basically the same with these added destinations
Mandalay, Myrnmar  0855
Mandalay   1355
Dhaka        2000
Hanoi         2115

Looking at the flights Laos and Singapore looke the favourites for the next location.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline dojima

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1040 on: November 29, 2010, 10:49:12 PM »
I wouldn't count out Kolkata either. TAR has a love affair with India.  :lol3:

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1041 on: November 29, 2010, 10:59:52 PM »
Do we have any idea of when the next leg will start?
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #1042 on: November 29, 2010, 11:33:06 PM »

There have been sevearal posts in this thread regarding this.......it is whenever BVM wants it to start....and we have no idea what he will do......

I did find an interesting flight combination.......a TAR sort of flight connection.....

MU 555   2355-2350    KUN-CCU    Kunming to Kolkatta
LH  751   0240-0835    CCU-FRA    Kolkata   to Frankfort

This flight is just pure speculation.......nothing more.....just an interesting piece of trivial data.......it just made me smile when I saw it
Matthew 7:15

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1043 on: November 29, 2010, 11:42:29 PM »

There have been sevearal posts in this thread regarding this.......it is whenever BVM wants it to start....and we have no idea what he will do......

I did find an interesting flight combination.......a TAR sort of flight connection.....

MU 555   2355-2350    KUN-CCU    Kunming to Kolkatta
LH  751   0240-0835    CCU-FRA    Kolkata   to Frankfort

This flight is just pure speculation.......nothing more.....just an interesting piece of trivial data.......it just made me smile when I saw it

I understand that it has been asked, but i meant like a rough idea like tomorow, or day after that.

I dont think they want  to Europe just yet.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1044 on: November 29, 2010, 11:51:09 PM »
Next country maybe a country in southeast Asia...

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #1045 on: November 30, 2010, 12:09:28 AM »
Personally, and this is just my opinion, I think we're done with Southeast Asia unless it's a leg in Laos; I think this Race may do something different towards the end, such as a leg or two in South America and then fly north back to the U.S. This could mean Africa and no Europe, but I could see India, Northeast Africa, Europe, South America, and then home. There are enough legs and potential double legs to do it, and you would think BVM would want to challenge these returning teams a bit more than the average cast.
-- theschnauzers

Offline ltvols

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #1046 on: November 30, 2010, 12:33:05 AM »

no one knows anything until the racers are spotted somewhere doing something.  then, a tweet, a pic, a blog, or a sighting will reveal where they are, where they are going, what they are doing, etc....   Once that happens, intuition sets in and the "master" spoilers get to work on the specific legs. 

That's how this site works.  It took me a few seasons to grasp that concept.  Now, it's fun to sit back and watch (and respect) all the hard work that goes on here at RFF.  These people here are amazing! 

I will add, the first few legs of this race have been spoiled like no other.  Not only have they been awesomely spoiled, we're now spoiled!  HAHA....   When it happens it's like the most beautiful bow tied onto the most beautiful package ever.   :colors  Usually, we just get a beautifully wrapped package.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #1047 on: November 30, 2010, 12:38:04 AM »
If they want to go to an Indian-style country,SriLanka is a good place.

Offline boy mascubado

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #1048 on: November 30, 2010, 01:03:57 AM »
Maldives! Maldives! i think there's a direct flight also from Kunming? China Eastern? I really want them here to come because ill be out of here in this country this coming Dec. 4th...   :jumpy: :keeta:

Offline livingincm

• RFF Jr. Member
  • You'll see me in the amazing race soon!
« Reply #1049 on: November 30, 2010, 01:22:35 AM »
:rodeo

Cowboys! haha!
"Im sorry to tell you that you have been eliminated from the race" is the most horrible thing to hear on TAR haha :)

Custom Search