Author Topic: Fantasy Routes for Amazing Race 18.  (Read 38322 times)

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Fantasy Routes for Amazing Race 18.
« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2010, 08:00:25 PM »
Thank you for welcoming me.

And yep, there's a mongolian city called Moron. :P

I noticed that too after some research :lol:
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2010, 08:10:58 PM »
If this is true, then I love it! But India and Japan again?

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #177 on: December 14, 2010, 08:12:39 PM »

Best city name ever!  :cmaslol

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #178 on: December 14, 2010, 08:13:35 PM »

Best city name ever!  :cmaslol

You can probably find all kinds of interesting city names like this one somewhere.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #179 on: December 14, 2010, 08:14:02 PM »

All I can tell is that it looks like a prototypical route that anyone could come up with. However that does not prove it right or wrong.
At least the creator avoided obvious mess ups by including the correct number of legs and a basic choice of countries. It is not an obvious fake anyway.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #180 on: December 14, 2010, 08:27:15 PM »
I will say that I like the route, but I don't think the production team would come up with a route so far in advance. TAR19 in all likelihood won't even be filmed until next May, so while they must have done some scouting for the race, I doubt they would have a concrete route yet. In addition, since TAR19 would be filmed in the summer in the Northern Hemisphere, I doubt that they would film so many legs in the Southern Hemisphere during their coldest months of the year, especially leg 1 to Buenos Aires (yes, I'm assuming that TAR19 will be eastward).

Remember that someone posted on Wikipedia that a TAR producer left the TAR17 route behind in a restaurant on a napkin, which included a leg 1 drive from Seattle to Vancouver, double legs in Hungary and Australia (by which I mean two legs in that country, not TBC legs), and another visit to Dubai. None of it ended up being true. We can't really jump to any conclusions about TAR19 so soon; we haven't even seen TAR18 yet! :)
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #181 on: December 14, 2010, 08:57:10 PM »
I will say that I like the route, but I don't think the production team would come up with a route so far in advance. TAR19 in all likelihood won't even be filmed until next May, so while they must have done some scouting for the race, I doubt they would have a concrete route yet. In addition, since TAR19 would be filmed in the summer in the Northern Hemisphere, I doubt that they would film so many legs in the Southern Hemisphere during their coldest months of the year, especially leg 1 to Buenos Aires (yes, I'm assuming that TAR19 will be eastward).

Remember that someone posted on Wikipedia that a TAR producer left the TAR17 route behind in a restaurant on a napkin, which included a leg 1 drive from Seattle to Vancouver, double legs in Hungary and Australia (by which I mean two legs in that country, not TBC legs), and another visit to Dubai. None of it ended up being true. We can't really jump to any conclusions about TAR19 so soon; we haven't even seen TAR18 yet! :)

Well said. It just doesn't make sense. What on earth was that nonsense about napkins? At least this makes more sense than that!

Offline NoluckBoston

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #182 on: December 14, 2010, 09:00:33 PM »
Also considering that 17 started In Massachusetts, would they start there again? If so let me know maybe this time i can follow them  :mas25

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #183 on: December 14, 2010, 09:01:34 PM »
Keep in mind that the way the route is planned now, they create options for every leg, in case of any unanticipated problems. The impression I have (oddly from, the Camp Casey spoilers which took three Races to come through), that WRP doesn't settle on one Race course well in advance. That would be consistent with the process by which they submit visa applications for more countries than are visited, and so forth.

The other problem with that map is very simple.  I seriously doubt they are going to return to the Boston area for a second start line out of three cycles. There are other places east of the Mississippi that have never even been visited for a start or finish and which also have some good and varied international connections. FWIW, YMMV.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #184 on: December 14, 2010, 09:57:04 PM »
Totally agree with the schnauzers.

Too soon....too repetitive.

Sending this out of the discussion thread....hopefully to spoilers and not cyberspace.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #185 on: December 15, 2010, 01:52:29 AM »

All I can tell is that it looks like a prototypical route that anyone could come up with. However that does not prove it right or wrong.
At least the creator avoided obvious mess ups by including the correct number of legs and a basic choice of countries. It is not an obvious fake anyway.

I was thinking more like Russia again?  :cmas32:
TARAS DVD SOON PLEASE!

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #186 on: December 15, 2010, 01:57:43 AM »
The only thing I can say with over 50% confidence is that we'll have a race visiting the traditional 4 continents: Europe, Africa, and Asia.

Fine by me, because imo the best races (at least the ones with interesting routes) have generally been the 4 continent ones (1, 3, 6, 10, 12, 17).
RFF TAR 4: 129 EUR

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #187 on: December 15, 2010, 02:09:59 AM »
This is the way that leads to madness. We still don't know the complete route for TAR 18 and we start speculating on TAR 19. Besides that route reminds me a lot of some fantasy routes for TAR 18 that I read in the thread here.
Joab's TARA- Kiki & Co-racer. Hitting the BlackJack tables in Macau
Sam's race- Kiki & Philimination, Scrubling in Shibuya 7176JPY

Offline #HEEL

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #188 on: December 15, 2010, 02:43:16 AM »
Clearly fake- No LA starting line. :lol:

Offline alextofu07

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #189 on: December 15, 2010, 05:25:07 AM »
Russia & India again?

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #190 on: December 15, 2010, 07:52:29 AM »
I looked at it and thought of this old Maine saying........"Ya cant git there from here!"

Too many people just think nice pretty lines on a map constitute a race route......it dont work that way.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 07:55:50 AM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #191 on: December 15, 2010, 08:15:55 AM »
This route has 10 legs - fake

But I do like the idea of them visiting Denmark, Paraguay, Angola and Serbia.
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #192 on: December 15, 2010, 08:18:32 AM »
mistake
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 08:22:47 AM by The Prophet »

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #193 on: December 15, 2010, 08:20:21 AM »

How do you not know there are not a couple of countries with two legs.......you dont.....but you missed my point. Try to figure out how you would get from Paraquay to Angola to Denmark.....

If you were a race planner for WRP....you would be fired for proposing that route.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #194 on: December 15, 2010, 08:20:48 AM »

It may be a fake, but there may be twelve legs if one counts the Canada stop and allows for two legs in the same country somewhere. However; the writers usually stay in two countries twice.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #195 on: December 15, 2010, 08:22:07 AM »

If you were a race planner for WRP....you would be fired for proposing that route.

Yes, Doc, that was my initial thought. Either this Marcel is a troublemaker or whoever posted this on another forum is a trouble maker. It does look like someone found a blank map of the world, colored in some countries, and drew some lines on MS paint.

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #196 on: December 15, 2010, 08:35:11 AM »
edited

Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 08:51:21 AM by georgiapeach »
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #197 on: December 15, 2010, 08:42:44 AM »
First and foremost.....WRP is a commerical, money makng enterprise.....routes have to be practical.

So far a little exercise, while the forum is slow.....go to Travelocity.com or any booking site you want and try to book that part of the race from Paraguay to Denmark. See where you actually go and how much it costs for ONE person.....then think of how many people WRP is paying for .......it will be an eyeopener.

Belgrade Asuncion to Luanda to Cairo (though it could be Alexandria) to Belgrade to Copenhagen...........just see where all you would have to fly to do that.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 08:53:34 AM by DrRox »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #198 on: December 15, 2010, 08:47:06 AM »
First and foremost.....WRP is a commerical, money makng enterprise.....routes have to be practical.

So far a little exercise, while the forum is slow.....go to Travelocity.com or any booking site you want and try to book that part of the race from Paraguay to Denmark. See where you actually go and how much it costs for ONE person.....then think of how many people WRP is paying for .......it will be an eyeopener.

Belgrade to Luanda to Cairo (though it could be Alexandria) to Belgrade to Copenhagen...........just see where all you would have to fly to do that.

Thank you for checking the possibility of the route for us, Doc!

Offline Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #199 on: December 15, 2010, 08:53:39 AM »

Belgrade to Luanda to Cairo (though it could be Alexandria) to Belgrade to Copenhagen...........just see where all you would have to fly to do that.

Paraguay to Angola. There is however no flights between the cities. Although I don't believe this route I like the route because they would be visitng new countries.

Then Cairo to Belgrade then Belgrade to Cairo is about the third of the cost from France-Seychelles or Tanzania-Poland.

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Custom Search