Author Topic: Who Do You Think Will Win TAR 17?  (Read 65523 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: Who Do You Think Will Win TAR 17?
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2010, 08:05:42 AM »
Now what do u think about B\C's winning abilities?
1. J\T will not win b\c they r not smart enough. They had to use the Express Pass to stay n the race n Sweden b\c they were so lost. They switched Detour tasks multiple times n Russia2. They have mainly stayed n the Race b\c of luck and physical ability.
2. N\K will not win b\c they are simply 2 slow @ tasks. Kat slowed their team down in Ghana @ the sunglasses task. They were not eliminated b\c of luck. Nat slowed their team down n Bangledesh. They were not eliminated b\c they had U-Turned C\S.
3. N\V will not win b\c they r not smart enough and fight all the time.
Brooke and Claire r the strongest team on TAR 17!
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Nettez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2010, 08:19:06 AM »
Hmm, I agree with your points but I don't really think those flaws are necessarily going to bring the teams down. For example, J/T may have relied on physical strength and the express pass to get them through the legs, but they won the express pass because they beat all the other teams. Also, they made up for their flaws tonight with perseverance...

I don't think N/V will win. Can't really pinpoint a reason for that. But CBS hasn't been giving them much spotlight at all, and if media spotlight is any way to judge a team's chances...

On to the women:
I think N/K are physically stronger than B/C. And they keep their cool really well too. Only thing that could possibly bring them down is that they don't appear to be aggressive enough? I mean, they made a crucial move tonight, but I think it was done out of desperation rather than true aggression. In terms of desire to win, I think B/C have an advantage. Remember Dan and Jordan from the previous season?

I used to think B/C were strong contenders and I still do. They've been able to overcome all sorts of obstacles and I really hope they make it all the way! I would be very happy if any of the female teams won. :)

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2010, 08:21:18 AM »
1. J\T will not win b\c they r not smart enough. They had to use the Express Pass to stay n the race n Sweden b\c they were so lost. They switched Detour tasks multiple times n Russia2. They have mainly stayed n the Race b\c of luck and physical ability.
2. N\K will not win b\c they are simply 2 slow @ tasks. Kat slowed their team down in Ghana @ the sunglasses task. They were not eliminated b\c of luck. Nat slowed their team down n Bangledesh. They were not eliminated b\c they had U-Turned C\S.

J/T could win TAR 17 because of luck and physical ability.
N/K could win TAR 17 because of luck.
B/C could win TAR 17 because they are "the strongest team on TAR 17".

Actually, it is anybody's game. Either 3 teams can win.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2010, 08:22:45 AM »

J/T could win TAR 17 because of luck and physical ability.
N/K could win TAR 17 because of luck.
B/C could win TAR 17 because they are "the strongest team on TAR 17".

Actually, it is anybody's game. Either 3 teams can win.

Do u not believe that the final task is usually mental, memory or no memory?

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2010, 08:29:12 AM »

Usually it is. But it is not always necessarily the strongest team that wins.

TAR 17 reminds me of TAR 11. Jill & Thomas remind me of Eric & Danielle. Even though, IMO, Eric & Danielle fought more than Jill & Thomas, they ended up winning.

Anyone could win. These 3 teams have had 1st places before. It totally depends.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2010, 08:31:55 AM »

TAR 17 reminds me of TAR 11. Jill & Thomas remind me of Eric & Danielle. Even though, IMO, Eric & Danielle fought more than Jill & Thomas, they ended up winning.

The most mental team of the final 3 always wins when there is a final mental task.

Offline Nettez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2010, 08:34:47 AM »

The most mental team of the final 3 always wins when there is a final mental task.

In that case I think Nat and Kat would win? They've constantly been using their intellectual advantage to go ahead of other teams. But it also depends on the teams' placing then, the most mental team can't win if they're hours behind the first placed team. I guess it really is anyone's game.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2010, 08:37:24 AM »

In that case I think Nat and Kat would win? They've constantly been using their intellectual advantage to go ahead of other teams. But it also depends on the teams' placing then, the most mental team can't win if they're hours behind the first placed team. I guess it really is anyone's game.

N\K r 2 slow @ tasks, as proven in Ghana and Bangledesh.

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2010, 08:39:10 AM »

Eric & Danielle are not exactly what I would call a team that uses Mental Ability more than Physical Ability. There are other factors that plays a part into a team winning. So to say, (Enter Team here) won't win because they have been lucky to have made it to the Final 3 is totally situational.

Just because Nat/Kat were slow in certain tasks does not mean they would not excel in the let's say (The Final Task) because it is a different task. It could or could not work to their advantage. It totally depends.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2010, 08:42:56 AM »

Eric & Danielle are not exactly what I would call a team that uses Mental Ability more than Physical Ability. There are other factors that plays a part into a team winning. So to say, (Enter Team here) won't win because they have been lucky to have made it to the Final 3 is totally situational.

Just because Nat/Kat were slow in certain tasks does not mean they would not excel in the let's say (The Final Task) because it is a different task. It could or could not work to their advantage. It totally depends.

I always understood that Erid\Danielle won b\c Dustin\Kandice's machine malfunctioned.

Offline Nettez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2010, 08:43:15 AM »

Gotta agree with you. There really are so many factors that one cannot control. Being the strongest team and winning the most legs won't count if things just work against you on the final leg. Look at Brian and Ericka of Season 15, they were denied of a chance to win simply because the person counting the poker chips made an error.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2010, 08:44:33 AM »

Gotta agree with you. There really are so many factors that one cannot control. Being the strongest team and winning the most legs won't count if things just work against you on the final leg. Look at Brian and Ericka of Season 15, they were denied of a chance to win simply because the person counting the poker chips made an error.

As if they would have won anyway.

Offline Nettez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2010, 08:50:53 AM »
Well, my point was that it could have happened to anyone. No one is in control of such things.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #163 on: November 22, 2010, 09:01:04 AM »
There's no convincing skeptics and conspiratorialists.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #164 on: November 22, 2010, 10:07:30 AM »

Partly right.  I agree with you that Jill & Thomas and Nick & Vicki won't win.  But I think Nat & Kat still have a chance to win.  They were certainly slow with the Roadblock but did you forget that Nat & Kat had done a great job with the Detour and that Brook & Claire were U-Turned?  Nat & Kat would've finished the Roadblock before Brook & Claire (and Chad & Stephanie) anyway.

Brook & Claire have a good chance of winning, I agree, but so do Nat & Kat.  And I'll be rooting for them!

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2010, 10:30:35 AM »
Partly right.  I agree with you that Jill & Thomas and Nick & Vicki won't win.  But I think Nat & Kat still have a chance to win.  They were certainly slow with the Roadblock but did you forget that Nat & Kat had done a great job with the Detour and that Brook & Claire were U-Turned?  Nat & Kat would've finished the Roadblock before Brook & Claire (and Chad & Stephanie) anyway.

Brook & Claire have a good chance of winning, I agree, but so do Nat & Kat.  And I'll be rooting for them!

Belle Book

No way! The two U-turned teams both completed the hard brick carrying tasks and arrived before Nat was done. She must have taken at least an hour. It would have been a real race at the RB if not for the Uturn and C/S getting lost twice.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2010, 10:41:48 AM »
I don't know if we're allowed to post TAR 18 contestant spoilers here. But heck, you're in the spoiler section anyway. If i can't moderators please feel free to edit my post.

Sorry, but someone might not want to be spoiled for TAR 18... :(
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 05:35:59 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #167 on: November 22, 2010, 11:46:36 AM »

Belle Book

No way! The two U-turned teams both completed the hard brick carrying tasks and arrived before Nat was done. She must have taken at least an hour. It would have been a real race at the RB if not for the Uturn and C/S getting lost twice.

I think that the rickshaw RB took far longer than it seems. It's not easy assembling 8 parts of a vehicle...
I estimate that the RB took about 1:30, while the detour took 0:45.
Point is, N/K are about as fast as C/S and B/C. What seriously dragged the latter two down was the fact that they actually ran to the pitstop...

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #168 on: November 22, 2010, 05:49:19 PM »
no problem peach! thanks for clarifying!

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #169 on: November 22, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »

Belle Book

I think that the rickshaw RB took far longer than it seems. It's not easy assembling 8 parts of a vehicle...
Point is, N/K are about as fast as C/S and B/C. What seriously dragged the latter two down was the fact that they actually ran to the pitstop...

I think you're right, Caelestor!  The Roadblock probably was harder than the Detour was (even for Brook & Claire), so Nat was probably close to being done by the time Brook & Claire and even closer by the time Chad & Stephanie arrived.  The editing might have made the three teams seem closer at the Roadblock than they really were.

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #170 on: November 22, 2010, 07:24:27 PM »

Belle Book

I think you're right, Caelestor!  The Roadblock probably was harder than the Detour was (even for Brook & Claire), so Nat was probably close to being done by the time Brook & Claire and even closer by the time Chad & Stephanie arrived.  The editing might have made the three teams seem closer at the Roadblock than they really were.

Belle Book

Still, N\K only did one D task, while B\C and C\S did two each!

Offline kadilahopper

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #171 on: November 22, 2010, 09:07:16 PM »
Who I want to win is Jill and Thomas.  I think that they work well together and they have shown  powerful drive throughout the race.  They both have that intensity about them, especially Thomas.  They kinda remind me of Rob and Amber.  That kind of intensity.  Before the race began I was biased.  Both female teams have high salary jobs and  already make bookoos of money.  Jill and Thomas don't.  I know that should not be a factor,and I am not saying that the girls didn't work for where they are at financially. I am sure they did.   I just feel that TAR racers who don't have financial security seem to want it more. That's where the intensity of the teams come in.  That being said Brooke/Claire and Nat/Kat have been good teams, but I have not seen that "drive" in them.   Here's to Jill and Thomas. My hopes are with you!

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #172 on: November 23, 2010, 02:34:02 AM »
Who I want to win is Jill and Thomas.  I think that they work well together and they have shown  powerful drive throughout the race.  They both have that intensity about them, especially Thomas.  They kinda remind me of Rob and Amber.  That kind of intensity.  Before the race began I was biased.  Both female teams have high salary jobs and  already make bookoos of money.  Jill and Thomas don't.  I know that should not be a factor,and I am not saying that the girls didn't work for where they are at financially. I am sure they did.   I just feel that TAR racers who don't have financial security seem to want it more. That's where the intensity of the teams come in.  That being said Brooke/Claire and Nat/Kat have been good teams, but I have not seen that "drive" in them.   Here's to Jill and Thomas. My hopes are with you!
Sure.  Whatever you say.  If you want the season to end badly, then go right ahead.

Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 09:54:02 AM by georgiapeach »

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #173 on: November 23, 2010, 02:42:31 AM »
Who I want to win is Jill and Thomas.  I think that they work well together and they have shown  powerful drive throughout the race.  They both have that intensity about them, especially Thomas.  They kinda remind me of Rob and Amber.  That kind of intensity.  Before the race began I was biased.  Both female teams have high salary jobs and  already make bookoos of money.  Jill and Thomas don't.  I know that should not be a factor,and I am not saying that the girls didn't work for where they are at financially. I am sure they did.   I just feel that TAR racers who don't have financial security seem to want it more. That's where the intensity of the teams come in.  That being said Brooke/Claire and Nat/Kat have been good teams, but I have not seen that "drive" in them.   Here's to Jill and Thomas. My hopes are with you!
Sure.  Whatever you say.  If you want the season to end badly, then go right ahead.

Why? Look i really wanted Jeff/Jordan to make the final 3 in TAR 16, but for me, it was still quite fun (but the finale was a bore) and i think it was a good season...

Offline Nettez

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #174 on: November 23, 2010, 07:29:27 AM »
Oh come on guys, we all have our favourites. Even if we debate consistently about who's going to win and who's not based on our own criteria it's not going to make a difference so relax... In the end, whichever team wins deserves it, whether or not they have run the race the best.