Author Topic: Your Biggest TAR Pet Peeves?  (Read 3212 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Your Biggest TAR Pet Peeves?
« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2015, 02:22:48 PM »
I rewatched TAR 22's finale. I gotta say, it was actually really good for the first half, until Bates & Anthony took a huge lead :'(

That leads me to say...

Please don't put a luck task on the final leg like that!

Also, Beacon of Hope as the TAR 22 finale title, really? I probably already said this but they need better title quotes! Cheers to a Great Race (said by Beth) was an excellent candidate

Offline Philimination

• RFF Full Member
  • Phil is ready to Philiminate
« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2015, 09:37:47 PM »
The lack of Fast Forwards...

IMO it should appear as regularly as W-Turns. This means that just like how W-Turns usually appear 2x per season, Fast Forwards should also appear 2x per season.

Also, old TAR (as in Seasons 5-13) always had 2 FF's per season.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 09:52:32 PM by Philimination »
You are the last team to arrive.
This is a Philmination leg, so I'm sorry to tell you that you have been Philiminated from the race.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2015, 07:44:03 AM »
Okay this annoys me:
When they give the last-place team sad music and a bunch of confessionals and all that on non-elimination legs (Bopper & Mark, Caroline & Jennifer, Matt & Ashley, etc...)
and then they give the last-place team a choppy/edited 30-second final speech and they're off the screen (Dennis & Isabelle, Libby & CJ) or they just don't treat it like anything - on elimination legs.

Offline bubbha

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2015, 02:01:21 PM »
Jesus freak teams. Thankfully, they don't seem to win.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Sr. Member
  • The Olympians!!!
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2015, 02:18:17 PM »

I just rematches S5 / I'm a religious person but Brandon and Nicky mainly Brandon talking about there faith in Christ was just  blahblah blahblah constant

Offline Air

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm Still In Love With You~
« Reply #55 on: April 28, 2015, 06:17:39 AM »

Sometimes Jesus freak teams deliver the lulz, but sometimes it's incredibly irritating, so it swings both ways for me.

Offline GB

• RFF Sr. Member
  • A griffon, a mailmare and an alicorn goddess...
    • Youtube
« Reply #56 on: April 28, 2015, 10:57:04 AM »
What were some good Jesus freak teams? I always liked Andy & Tommy, except for the one comment they made in Thailand II but other than that they were enjoyable.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! It's not dead anymore!!
The Amazing Race section: 90% Complete!!
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!
« Reply #57 on: May 01, 2015, 06:06:22 PM »
What were some good Jesus freak teams? I always liked Andy & Tommy, except for the one comment they made in Thailand II but other than that they were enjoyable.
From another religion, Bilal & Sa'eed from TAR10 were a vivacious team. I had so much betting on them to reach the final three in 2006. :'(
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH May 2015
"I'm Magdalena... I'm Hayes... Ooh, Magdalena and Hayes do Monaco!" ~Laura & Tyler (of season 26, leg 6)

Offline Air

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #58 on: May 01, 2015, 10:14:24 PM »
From another religion, Bilal & Sa'eed from TAR10 were a vivacious team. I had so much betting on them to reach the final three in 2006. :'(

idk but Joanna Ward on Survivor was amazing

I don't remember Bilal & Sa'eed mentioning religion at all :lol:

Offline GB

• RFF Sr. Member
  • A griffon, a mailmare and an alicorn goddess...
    • Youtube
« Reply #59 on: May 01, 2015, 11:13:24 PM »
Bilal & Sa'eed specifically said in their introduction that they would not hesitate to take five minutes on the side of the road to pray. They also informed Kellie & Jamie that they could not shake hands because of their religion. And I could be mistaken on this, but I think they mentioned that the "creator" has control over everything when they were eliminated.

But yes, I still stand that they deserve to be in an all-stars/returning cast season.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! It's not dead anymore!!
The Amazing Race section: 90% Complete!!
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline nmccarroll91

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Mike & Rochelle <3
« Reply #60 on: May 02, 2015, 10:13:22 AM »
Bilal & Sa'eed specifically said in their introduction that they would not hesitate to take five minutes on the side of the road to pray. They also informed Kellie & Jamie that they could not shake hands because of their religion. And I could be mistaken on this, but I think they mentioned that the "creator" has control over everything when they were eliminated.

But yes, I still stand that they deserve to be in an all-stars/returning cast season.

Didn't it even show them praying in the airport before they got their flight?  ???
..... The World is Waiting! .....

Offline Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Welcome back to the cloneverse!
« Reply #61 on: May 02, 2015, 10:24:22 AM »
Yes.
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains--however improbable--must be the truth." --Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Air

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #62 on: May 02, 2015, 11:04:57 PM »

lol I do not remember anything about them clearly then. oh well, doesn't matter.

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Cookies with licorice, can't get better than this!
« Reply #63 on: Today at 05:53:28 PM »

lol I do not remember anything about them clearly then. oh well, doesn't matter.
They were eliminated before the first Leg even finished (midpoint elimination twist) so I can understand why.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom... FULFILLED <3
----------------------------------------------------
TAR QUOTE OF THE MONTH May 2015
"I'm Magdalena... I'm Hayes... Ooh, Magdalena and Hayes do Monaco!" ~Laura & Tyler (of season 26, leg 6)

Online David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • GREAT SEASON <33
« Reply #64 on: Today at 08:25:00 PM »
I have somehow lost interest in TAR... I have seen it from the first episode I saw which got me hooked, but S25, I stopped watching it, and I have seen nothing from S26... IDK, I feel something there is not fitting for me anymore, they need something fresh...

I would love to see more FFs, but more powers and even the Intersection so we can see, once again, more strategy and cooperation between teams. I feel that S4 and 5 were super nice, but I am not feeling hooked recently. Hopefully I watch some episodes this season and feel like watching it as in older seasons <3
Survivor Kagayan: #ChaosKass [Final 6]

Custom Search