Author Topic: Amazing Race Questions  (Read 172735 times)

Offline Karpov617

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: Amazing Race Questions
« Reply #1375 on: January 02, 2015, 10:06:25 AM »
Just remembered: In TAR25's Philippine Legs, is the Leg 10 fish detour clue giver the same as the Leg 11 sidecar detour clue giver? ???

No. :D The lady at the Leg 11 sidecar Detour had long hair, while the other woman's hair didn't reach past her shoulder.

Going back to the Fast Forward thing: Could a team, after claiming a Fast Forward, go back and complete the actual race course (Roadblocks, Detours, etc) and perhaps even use the U-Turn? Hypothetical situation: [season 21/Amsterdam] after claiming the FF, Natalie & Nadiya finished the Detour, and used the U-Turn, before going directly to the pit stop (w/o completing the RB).

On another note, what's the difference between TBC and double-length legs? And are these just purely fandom terms?
"My goal is not to wake up at forty with the bitter realization that I've wasted my life in a job I hate because I was forced to decide on a career in my teens." - Daria Morgendorffer, Daria, "Gifted"

Offline GB

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Team Number One!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1376 on: January 02, 2015, 10:50:54 AM »
The only thing one can do after the Fast Forward is go to the Pit Stop.

TBC stands for To Be Continued, which is shown on-screen for both Double-Length legs and No-Rest legs. The difference is that DL Legs are one leg that is twice as long, while NR Legs are two legs that have no rest-point inbetween.

Since the claim of the "300th" leg, a few DL Legs are going to be reclassified as NR Legs, but other than that we have a pretty solid grasp on which is which.
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! It's not dead anymore!!
The Amazing Race section: 90% Complete!!
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Karpov617

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1377 on: January 02, 2015, 11:15:51 AM »
The only thing one can do after the Fast Forward is go to the Pit Stop.

TBC stands for To Be Continued, which is shown on-screen for both Double-Length legs and No-Rest legs. The difference is that DL Legs are one leg that is twice as long, while NR Legs are two legs that have no rest-point inbetween.

Since the claim of the "300th" leg, a few DL Legs are going to be reclassified as NR Legs, but other than that we have a pretty solid grasp on which is which.

So 'No Rest' legs are counted as 2. Does this include fake pit stops in season 14/China? But didn't we never concluded how the heck they got 300?
"My goal is not to wake up at forty with the bitter realization that I've wasted my life in a job I hate because I was forced to decide on a career in my teens." - Daria Morgendorffer, Daria, "Gifted"

Offline GB

• RFF Sr. Member
  • Team Number One!
    • Youtube
« Reply #1378 on: January 02, 2015, 03:57:59 PM »
Season 14 has been counted as a Double-Length leg for a while now.

I can't remember, but I think someone in the 300th leg thread came up with something definitive. I've been waiting for a good amount of free time to really look into it myself and edit the wiki.

Edit: Neobie came up with two believable hypotheses for the 300 leg conundrum. When I get home later I'll double-check his findings and implement one of them. If the show said 300, then that's gospel.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 06:09:08 PM by GB »
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! It's not dead anymore!!
The Amazing Race section: 90% Complete!!
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline Karpov617

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #1379 on: January 02, 2015, 09:03:50 PM »
If the show said 300, then that's gospel.

Don't take that to heart too much. If that's true, Joey & Meghan was in season 18 ... somehow.

Offline BritishTARFan

• RFF Full Member
  • TEAM CUTE ACTIVATE
« Reply #1380 on: January 03, 2015, 11:29:23 AM »
If the show said 300, then that's gospel.

Don't take that to heart too much. If that's true, Joey & Meghan was in season 18 ... somehow.

:cmas52

Custom Search