Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."  (Read 242160 times)

Offline mike4lyf

• RFF Full Member
  • Best team ever! Goths for the win.
Re: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."
« Reply #550 on: December 12, 2010, 04:46:51 PM »
Did anyone else notice Phil's eyebrow lift and smile in the promo?  He's been unusually amused by Brook and Claire throughout the season, I wonder if B/C crossing the finish line first brings about this bemused look.

In fairness, I am rooting for Brook and Claire so it could be wishful thinking.   :cmas27

Probably wishful thinking, but anyway- BROOK AND CLAIRE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE  :cmas51 :cmas51 :cmas51 :cmas51 :cmas51 Good luck Girls :DDDDDD

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #551 on: December 12, 2010, 05:09:27 PM »
They film the competitors and Phil clapping before the teams actually come. That way it looks neater. We really can't get anything off of that.

Offline GabrielP

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #552 on: December 12, 2010, 05:53:52 PM »
Brook & Claire are in NYC. Does that mean anything?

For me, it looks like they're either 1st or 2nd place <3

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #553 on: December 12, 2010, 05:57:30 PM »
Brook & Claire are in NYC. Does that mean anything?

For me, it looks like they're either 1st or 2nd place <3

All of the teams from this season that can make it gather in NYC for the final. Means nothing.

Offline Rogue

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #554 on: December 12, 2010, 06:12:44 PM »
I thought only the first and second place teams go to NYC and do a taping on the Today Show or something like that? Maybe they are the first or second place team.

That doesn't necessarily mean anything though. So forget my babbling here.
You don't always win the race by making the best forward moves but you make it by avoiding the huge moves that set you back. -Nat

Offline KevinTheAmazingRaceFAN

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #555 on: December 12, 2010, 06:17:44 PM »
I thought only the first and second place teams go to NYC and do a taping on the Today Show or something like that? Maybe they are the first or second place team.

THAT DOES NOT MEAN ANYTHING!!! Always all final 3 teams are on Today Show so...

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #556 on: December 12, 2010, 08:47:10 PM »
Now that we know Quixote Studios - Griffeth Park is the site of the critical memory task of AR17, here is some info on it:

there is stage 6, 7 and 8
Stage 7 is 120 feet square, at 120' x 120' makes 14,400 sq.ft.
it also has makeup, wardrobe and production
address of the Studios is 4585 Electronics Place

Here are the critical directions to Quixote Studios from "the Valley" near Pasadena:
QUIXOTE STUDIOS
GRIFFITH PARK

From the Valley
101 S toward Los Angeles
Merge onto 134 E
Exit San Fernando Rd
Right onto W Doran St
Left onto San Fernando Rd
Right onto W Broadway
W Broadway becomes Brazil
Left onto San Fernando Rd
Right onto Electronics Pl

Offline Rogue

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #557 on: December 12, 2010, 10:16:34 PM »

No need for all caps. I did say that does not mean anything and forget my babbling.
You don't always win the race by making the best forward moves but you make it by avoiding the huge moves that set you back. -Nat

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #558 on: December 12, 2010, 10:48:07 PM »

That is not always true.......after TAR 16.......I dont think that Caitie and Brent made the CBS show....I was at the TAR 14 check presentation and only Tammy/Victor were there....I was standing about 10 feet away next to Steve and Linda.....but they were not on camera.
Matthew 7:15

Offline jayhawk

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #559 on: December 12, 2010, 10:49:54 PM »
Hello -- Joining in to say that I personally do not trust anything Phil says in his interviews about the finale.  Last season he specifically said that the lead would change a few times.  I was somewhat comforted by this and stopped worrying about the sepeculation (which turned out as expected) that the brothers got out of the airport first.  I allowed myself to believe that the cowboys must have overtook them at some point, even if the winner was still in doubt.  So I watched the entire show waiting for a lead change that NEVER CAME.  The brothers got out of the airport first and stayed in front the whole damn time.  Now he's again saying the lead changes.  He may very well be telling the truth but he lost me last season.  I love Phil but I don't pay any attention to what he says.
 :cmas12

Welcome to RFF, jayhawk!
I don't remember Phil every saying that last year, just that some people would be disappointed by the outcome. He is just trying to market the show though so those interviews are almost the same as the promos we see.

I remember what jayhawk mentioned because it messed up my final prediction despite knowing about the 30-minute customs lead.  I posted that I hoped that Phil wasn't hyperbolizing about the finale at the time, and he totally lied about the TAR16 finale.  

Phil must have been watching somesething else because "Teams pass each other back and forth all the way to the finish line," and "Just when you think you have worked out who is going to win, another team miraculously makes up the lost ground" never happened in the TAR16 finale; one team was in first place the entire leg after the plane touched down.

(It took me forever to find the article because I kept searching for text, when it was, in fact, a scanned image from TV Guide by puddin: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21836.msg517687.html#msg517687)

Thanks for the backup, Slayton.  I tried to find the interview but couldn't.  I only remember watching the TAR16 finale waiting for the shift that never came.  Again this season, he said there was jockeying .  OK, B/C passed J/T but N/K never lost the lead.  I think his comments are misleading, which is okay I guess.  He's got to say something.  I just refuse to read anything into what he says.  Sometimes he lies.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #560 on: December 13, 2010, 12:30:01 AM »
The J/T stop was here, where Los Angeles turns into Glendale.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #561 on: December 13, 2010, 01:23:57 AM »
Did J/T even stop at the studio? When last seen (before the pitstop) they were heading north on La Cienega, approaching Beverly Hills from the south side. (source)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #562 on: December 13, 2010, 01:25:23 AM »
Hello -- Joining in to say that I personally do not trust anything Phil says in his interviews about the finale.  Last season he specifically said that the lead would change a few times.  I was somewhat comforted by this and stopped worrying about the sepeculation (which turned out as expected) that the brothers got out of the airport first.  I allowed myself to believe that the cowboys must have overtook them at some point, even if the winner was still in doubt.  So I watched the entire show waiting for a lead change that NEVER CAME.  The brothers got out of the airport first and stayed in front the whole damn time.  Now he's again saying the lead changes.  He may very well be telling the truth but he lost me last season.  I love Phil but I don't pay any attention to what he says.
 :cmas12

Welcome to RFF, jayhawk!
I don't remember Phil every saying that last year, just that some people would be disappointed by the outcome. He is just trying to market the show though so those interviews are almost the same as the promos we see.

I remember what jayhawk mentioned because it messed up my final prediction despite knowing about the 30-minute customs lead.  I posted that I hoped that Phil wasn't hyperbolizing about the finale at the time, and he totally lied about the TAR16 finale.  

Phil must have been watching somesething else because "Teams pass each other back and forth all the way to the finish line," and "Just when you think you have worked out who is going to win, another team miraculously makes up the lost ground" never happened in the TAR16 finale; one team was in first place the entire leg after the plane touched down.

(It took me forever to find the article because I kept searching for text, when it was, in fact, a scanned image from TV Guide by puddin: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,21836.msg517687.html#msg517687)

Thanks for the backup, Slayton.  I tried to find the interview but couldn't.  I only remember watching the TAR16 finale waiting for the shift that never came.  Again this season, he said there was jockeying .  OK, B/C passed J/T but N/K never lost the lead.  I think his comments are misleading, which is okay I guess.  He's got to say something.  I just refuse to read anything into what he says.  Sometimes he lies.

This time, he lied to make all of us feel very happy in the end. :D
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #563 on: December 13, 2010, 01:51:20 AM »
Did J/T even stop at the studio? When last seen (before the pitstop) they were heading north on La Cienega, approaching Beverly Hills from the south side. (source)
I think there was footage of them (in the previews) solving the puzzle
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #564 on: December 13, 2010, 01:55:42 AM »
NO TAR 18 SPOILERS IN THE TAR 17 threads please!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Slowhatch

• Amazing Detective !!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #565 on: December 13, 2010, 02:02:46 AM »
I think there was footage of them (in the previews) solving the puzzle
Right you are, I had forgotten. So their driver must have taken them west on the 10.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #566 on: December 13, 2010, 02:45:39 AM »
Anyone noticed? :cmaslol

Sneaky editors! That isn't Nat and Kat's real cab i believe?! :cmaslol

Unless i may be wrong.. :cmas30:

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #567 on: December 13, 2010, 02:48:41 AM »
Well, it's not uncommon for them to use footage of taxi that does not belong to the team, but in this case, I think it is their cab?  :cmas5

Offline eamon_smith89

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #568 on: December 13, 2010, 02:49:34 AM »
ATTENTION TO ALL AMAZING RACE FANS.

It seems that there is still a debate about who actually "the first female team" to win the Amazing Race.

Just so you know  (to the confused fans) The Amazing Race (Original) and other version of The Amazing Race (asian, etc) is into their own entity which means all other version is adapted from the original US version.

Don't compare TAR to any TAR international version. TAR is the true a "race around the world".  :cmas12

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #569 on: December 13, 2010, 04:13:06 AM »
I thought I saw a whitish thing on the wrist of the person who opened the cab door at the finish line. But it happened so quickly so I wasn't sure. If it really was, it means that it's Nat's watch and it's the real cab. Hmm.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #570 on: December 13, 2010, 04:27:16 AM »
Anyway, the Roadblock count says Brooke and Thomas both did 7 RBs. It seems like they changed the rule to not more than 7 RBs.

Then this made me not understand one thing.. why did Jill keep going on about how Thomas will suck at the final RB.. i mean, she only had 5 RB counts... so even if she did the last one.. she'll only go up to 6 and still 1 away from limit??

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #571 on: December 13, 2010, 05:31:34 AM »

It seems that there is still a debate about who actually "the first female team" to win the Amazing Race.

Just so you know  (to the confused fans) The Amazing Race (Original) and other version of The Amazing Race (asian, etc) is into their own entity which means all other version is adapted from the original US version.

Don't compare TAR to any TAR international version. TAR is the true a "race around the world".  :cmas12

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!

Zabrina and Joe Jer were lame people (IMO, sorry guys!) so I don't consider that. I don't even consider TARA as a TAR btw. :lol:
Patricia and Sane? Haven't watched those people and the season.
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
« Reply #572 on: December 13, 2010, 06:13:40 AM »
Anyway, the Roadblock count says Brooke and Thomas both did 7 RBs. It seems like they changed the rule to not more than 7 RBs.

Then this made me not understand one thing.. why did Jill keep going on about how Thomas will suck at the final RB.. i mean, she only had 5 RB counts... so even if she did the last one.. she'll only go up to 6 and still 1 away from limit??

If I'm not wrong, she only said that after they'd chosen Thomas for the Roadblock? The Roadblock clue only said "Who's bright enough to float" and I would assume that based on Thomas' high and mighty education, he would be the better candidate to do it. What's more, it's the last Roadblock and would matter a lot, so the choice would be Thomas by default. It wasn't until they opened up the clue and saw the part on the decoration that they realised Jill should have done it I guess...

Offline eamon_smith89

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #573 on: December 13, 2010, 06:19:05 AM »

THIS THIS THIS THIS THIS!

Zabrina and Joe Jer were lame people (IMO, sorry guys!) so I don't consider that. I don't even consider TARA as a TAR btw. :lol:
Patricia and Sane? Haven't watched those people and the season.

Yeah sucks to see those lame people edited some article on wikipedia about TAR and wants to compare to those duplicate, unoriginal, miserable, cheap, and ungraceful ASIAN version. WE AMERICAN DON'T APPROVE THAT.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #574 on: December 13, 2010, 06:22:56 AM »

If I'm not wrong, she only said that after they'd chosen Thomas for the Roadblock? The Roadblock clue only said "Who's bright enough to float" and I would assume that based on Thomas' high and mighty education, he would be the better candidate to do it. What's more, it's the last Roadblock and would matter a lot, so the choice would be Thomas by default. It wasn't until they opened up the clue and saw the part on the decoration that they realised Jill should have done it I guess...

The Roadblock rule apparently now says 7-5 is acceptable.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.