Author Topic: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."  (Read 240630 times)

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: TAR 17 EP 12 (FINALE) "Hi. I'm sorry. I'm in a Race."
« Reply #325 on: December 08, 2010, 08:58:13 PM »
Ok, I think we can find out alot by race interviews
B/C post-race Claire looks very sad and either she is an incredibly good actor or they lost
K/N comments on HK ep. Kat looks happy, amd the setting looks like greystone mansion, so they won?!?! :cmas22
also, J/T look very annoyed at the lady in the computer store, so maybe they're lost on the way to the finish line?

I'm kinda new here, and this might have all been said before. So if this post is unnesscary, then you can delete it!   

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #326 on: December 08, 2010, 09:05:29 PM »
Ok, I think we can find out alot by race interviews
B/C post-race Claire looks very sad and either she is an incredibly good actor or they lost
K/N comments on HK ep. Kat looks happy, amd the setting looks like greystone mansion, so they won?!?! :cmas22
also, J/T look very annoyed at the lady in the computer store, so maybe they're lost on the way to the finish line?

I'm kinda new here, and this might have all been said before. So if this post is unnesscary, then you can delete it!    
I completely agree with you. Jill and Thomas appear to be lost a lot in the previews. I dont think Claire is an actress but because she is a home shopping host, Im assuming that requires SOME acting skills, but it is very diffivult to fake that kind of emotion. She looks like she had 5 dogs and each one was hit by one car and they all died in her arms (a weird analogy, yes, but I say that a lot!)Plus, Brooke and Claire are normally very hyper so they could become easily distracted and miss something, like twice they missed about the cabs.
SUDDEN SPECULATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
What if Brooke and Claire got their first BUT they took a cab somewhere when they weren't supposed to, giving them a penalty and making Nat and Kat win the race. I could see Claire crying over that,

Offline coolio

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #327 on: December 08, 2010, 09:09:04 PM »
Maybe! But u would think you would read the clue extra carefully for the final leg!? :cmas5

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #328 on: December 08, 2010, 09:11:24 PM »
Maybe! But u would think you would read the clue extra carefully for the final leg!? :cmas5
Thats what I thought about. Brooke and Claire are constantly forgetting stuff, and its normally when they are very excited or nervous. Now since this is the finale, they may go "Quick! Lets Go there! Take the taxi!" I know I would accidently do something like that.

Offline OC Watcher

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • The Watcher's blog
« Reply #329 on: December 08, 2010, 09:12:43 PM »

And the ipad challenge appears to be in a studio or airplane hanger...unless the mansion has either, i dont think thats what they will do but good thought!
[/quote]

Could be. Maybe it's the camera angles, but that building looks too small to be an airplane hangar and the ceilings too low to be a studio. The doors behind Jill & Thomas look to be made of wooden slats. The open ceiling with the pipe running across it suggests a basement to me. Then again, I am not an expert at video analysis.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #330 on: December 08, 2010, 09:16:17 PM »
OC!!  :xmas49
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
« Reply #331 on: December 08, 2010, 09:19:12 PM »
And the ipad challenge appears to be in a studio or airplane hanger...unless the mansion has either, i dont think thats what they will do but good thought!

Could be. Maybe it's the camera angles, but that building looks too small to be an airplane hangar and the ceilings too low to be a studio. The doors behind Jill & Thomas look to be made of wooden slats. The open ceiling with the pipe running across it suggests a basement to me. Then again, I am not an expert at video analysis.

It looks like a storage warehouse to me, fwiw.

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #332 on: December 08, 2010, 09:28:32 PM »

It looks like a storage warehouse to me, fwiw.
I could be entirely wrong on the following but it could be just a though. What if the iPad challenge was in Korea, and then that revealed the destination of the finale? Ive been reading and so far we have no idea where they could have done that challenge so maybe...its just a thought though...

Offline connayyy

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #333 on: December 08, 2010, 09:38:38 PM »

I could be entirely wrong on the following but it could be just a though. What if the iPad challenge was in Korea, and then that revealed the destination of the finale? Ive been reading and so far we have no idea where they could have done that challenge so maybe...its just a thought though...

Good idea, but I think in the promo Thomas actually reads a clue telling them to go to L.A., rather than working out something from the challenge. I think it's more likely that the iPad challenge is the final memory task.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #334 on: December 08, 2010, 09:39:33 PM »
What troubles me, is why we don't see a confessional of Thomas and Jill? Is it because they are to smiley? They won? The other two seems to have such sad faces for a win.

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #335 on: December 08, 2010, 09:40:56 PM »

Good idea, but I think in the promo Thomas actually reads a clue telling them to go to L.A., rather than working out something from the challenge. I think it's more likely that the iPad challenge is the final memory task.
Oh yeah..I forgot about that...

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #336 on: December 08, 2010, 09:46:00 PM »
What troubles me, is why we don't see a confessional of Thomas and Jill? Is it because they are to smiley? They won? The other two seems to have such sad faces for a win.
I didn't notice that! Everyone was so focused on the constant reminder of how an all female team may win that they never noticed that! But actually, Nat and Kats confessional also isn't shown in the promo. It was shown in a previous episode so maybe they thought we wouldn't notice. What if they did have Jill and Thomals's final confessional but they had it in a previous episode and we overlooked that? Oh the things to ponder upon...

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #337 on: December 08, 2010, 09:54:38 PM »
As you can see in the new caps, it shows on the table MI on cap 29 and SHI on cap 28.
It is definitely Mitisubishi!

Offline bevsee

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #338 on: December 08, 2010, 09:57:09 PM »
Guys, just want to point out something here.
If you watch the new promo, it shows that Brook & Claire and Nat & Kat are in the same flight.
Jill & Thomas could possibly be ahead, or behind them.

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #339 on: December 08, 2010, 09:59:00 PM »
Not sure if this has been said yet, but at least one of the teams are on Korean Air...Probably Jill & Thomas if not all teams?

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #340 on: December 08, 2010, 10:07:41 PM »
If you watch the new promo, it shows that Brook & Claire and Nat & Kat are in the same flight.

True, but it looks like it doesnt matter becuase Jill and Thomas appear to be at the bunjee cord challenge at the same time as Brooke and Claire, who have been (as you said) confirmed to be on the same flight as Nat and Kat.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #341 on: December 08, 2010, 10:37:21 PM »
I did a little work in the field today.   :cmas25

The Rose Bowl was getting a new sod carpet!  I wonder why?   :cmaslol

I have a fair number of things to report so bear with me!!!!!

On any given moment from 6 am to dark on every day there are roughly 2000 people running, jogging walking,  biking, dot dot dot around the Rose Bowl.  And many do it as a matter of DAILY routine.  So, I asked questions.  Yes, people do remember what happened on Wednesday June 15th!  The guys who fly their 100 mph remote control Messerschmidts and Spitfires over the vast grassy fields were grounded.  I was unable to sort out the order that the teams arrived, but I think we already got that.

I know why they came to the Rose Bowl.  And it's not just because it is a good place to land a chopper.  Just ask yourself what is Pasadena well known for?  And then ask why would there be one of these at the Rose Bowl in the middle of June!!   :cmas16

I don't know if it was set up as a Detour or as a Road Block, but I know what they did inside the Rose Bowl!

Here is the scene where the helicopters land:

Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #342 on: December 08, 2010, 10:45:29 PM »
So, do they remember how they left to? Im just wondering because that would also be a little help...you may have mentioned that but I may have read it wrong...

Offline zaraice

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #343 on: December 08, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »

True, but it looks like it doesnt matter becuase Jill and Thomas appear to be at the bunjee cord challenge at the same time as Brooke and Claire, who have been (as you said) confirmed to be on the same flight as Nat and Kat.

Yeah I agree. B/C and N/K left the pitstop after J/T. It is likely that J/T were waiting for the LA flight by themselves, while the 4 girls were hanging around together at the airport, like what was shown in the new promo. But, most likely all 6 were all on the same flight.

By the way, hi to everyone here, yet another new member! Lol. You guys are amazing at finding stuff, like you all work for some police department or something. Anyway, I just wanted to stick my neck out and say that I have this feeling N/K are gonna run out winners. In all the promos, they look the calmest and cool-headed and, should I say, self-assured? Well, you could say that they would be so even if the sky were gonna fall the next minute, but I guess that also means it will help them greatly in this stressful final leg.

Of course, there's always this sneaky feeling that J/T can still win it, given their sheer determination and will, while B/C are pretty consistent racers, but if I had to choose the team that would be least likely to make an error under stressful conditions, N/K are really no-brainers.  :cmas16

Offline furybaby

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #344 on: December 08, 2010, 11:03:13 PM »
I find it very heart-breaking to see Claire with such
a sad face when Brook says: "And that was when I lost my bananas"

I'm pretty sure that they didn't win then, which is heart-breaking.
Now I'm pretty much rooting for doctors.

Or I could be wrong, it might just be the bunjeee jump thing
and she was terrified, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

LOL like 10 new members each day? XD
Imperfection is beautiful.

Offline zaraice

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #345 on: December 08, 2010, 11:19:09 PM »
I find it very heart-breaking to see Claire with such
a sad face when Brook says: "And that was when I lost my bananas"

I'm pretty sure that they didn't win then, which is heart-breaking.
Now I'm pretty much rooting for doctors.

Or I could be wrong, it might just be the bunjeee jump thing
and she was terrified, but I'm pretty sure I'm right.

LOL like 10 new members each day? XD

Yeah! I was also sad to see Claire so teary-eyed. She had so much bad luck in this race, she and Brooke sort of deserved to win just on that account! They were brilliant racers really, high-spirited yet never mean to the other teams or even to each other even though they were some sort of TV celebrities in their own right.

Oh well, it's too bad that the final three are actually likeable people. Even Thomas and his occasional pig-headedness. Recent episodes have improved my opinion of J/T quite greatly to be honest. I have a feeling the final leg isn't actually as close as it seems in the promos, but still, I am looking forward to a good ending to another good season.  :cmas20

Offline bevsee

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #346 on: December 08, 2010, 11:56:19 PM »
When I rewatch the new preview video, it looks like at the airport, Nat is behind Thomas & Jill.
So, most probably all three teams will be in the same flight.

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #347 on: December 09, 2010, 12:22:46 AM »
I could not figure out where the cab was located in this shot.  I knew it had to be Pasadena because of the cop car.  There is something showing in the rear window.  I tried to make it be the Rose Bowl in GE but it never looked right.  So I went to the Rose Bowl to look for other angles.  I got a match!

So now we know they picked up their cabs after decorating the float(s) inside the Rose Bowl.  Peeps said there was bunch of cabs waiting there for hours.  Way more than three.  I needed a cab on June 15th to go to LAX and it was hard to find one!  Now I know why!   :cmaslol

This shot was taken Here:

« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 12:26:12 AM by Chateau d If »
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #348 on: December 09, 2010, 12:30:40 AM »
Here is that view of the Rose Bowl that they will show teams running toward:

Offline Lpadres

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #349 on: December 09, 2010, 12:34:56 AM »
Is it just me or when Nat is calling the dude, she seems very relaxed. She does not seemed worried at all, just a little anxious to get there as if they are in first, or close to being in first!