Author Topic: TAR 17 Ep 9 There's a lot of Nuts and Bullets (Bangladesh)  (Read 92506 times)

Offline Ruth

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • With all your heart!
Re: TAR 17 Ep 9 There's a lot of Nuts and Bullets (Bangladesh)
« Reply #100 on: November 16, 2010, 03:28:58 AM »
I actually think that a Double U-Turn is a good element to the game. Rather than just having one poor team do two Detours leaving them little hope to catch up, it's good to have two teams battling it out. At least one of the two teams still has some hope and motivation to catch up. So I can't wait to see how this new twist plays out! Hee.
TAR 26: Hayley and Blair` Mike and Rochelle` Jelani and Jenny`
Survivor 30: Jenn` Joe` Hali` Sierra`
AI 14: Jax` Clark` Joey`

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2010, 03:31:42 AM »
Gulistan it is! :jam:

Since it is a copyright pic, I'll just give the link:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/_leonid/4801714504/
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2010, 06:31:32 AM »
Great stuff, Jeesan! Here's some good info on the Sadar Ghat area: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sadarghat
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline gator27

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2010, 07:29:17 AM »
The World is Waiting!!

CBS ANNOUNCES THE CAST FOR THE NEXT INSTALLMENT OF "THE AMAZING RACE," WHICH PREMIERES WITH A SPECIAL 90-MINUTE DEBUT ON SUNDAY, SEPT. 26
11 Teams Will Travel Over 32,000 Miles, Spanning Four Continents and 30 Cities, with Inaugural Visits to Bangladesh, Ghana and a Trek Deep into the Arctic Circle

CBS announced today the 11 new teams competing in the next installment of THE AMAZING RACE, which premieres with a special 90-minute debut on Sunday, Sept. 26 (8:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT).  Phil Keoghan is the host.

This came from the The Amazing Race 17 Contestants Thread.  It shows the CBS pictures and the pre-race, starting line dress.  Only one team in pink at the starting line.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2010, 07:54:44 AM »
Comparing these two pics it looks like N/K are definitely around the Sadarghat terminal:

Offline FLFan

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #105 on: November 16, 2010, 08:30:20 AM »
Using Photoshop and the "Curves" magic, I have found the elusive first courtesy space.

Exactly where I said it was.  My good eye must have really benefited from the cataract surgery last month. :)

I still had TAR on my DVR, so I checked the coming attractions and the small box with a 1 is clearly visible just to the side of the large box with a 1.  Unfortunately, the small box is entirely within the black arrow and barely visible.  So 2 regular U-turns.  J/T > B/C, but I couldn't tell if or who N/V U-Turn.

Okay i need to go get a pair of specs or what cause i really don't see it. But whatever it is, i am sure all of you see it and 2 regular U-TURNs it is! :tup:

I have a 46" HDTV so that helped a lot in seeing the small black box inside the LARGE black arrow.  Plus, I freeze framed it to really check.  Otherwise, I can see how the little box for the 1 might be missed.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #106 on: November 16, 2010, 09:22:31 AM »
Here's the bottom line on the U-turn business: we know that Chad and Stephanie get U-turned because we know that if someone is eliminated this time it is them.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2010, 10:09:25 AM »
Here's the bottom line on the U-turn business: we know that Chad and Stephanie get U-turned because we know that if someone is eliminated this time it is them.

I agree -- Brook & Claire and Chad & Stephanie get the U-Turn with either Chad & Stephanie going out or it being an NEL.

Belle Book

Offline Redhawk23

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2010, 10:36:31 AM »
I've kinda always lurked here and find it amazing how you all can find all this stuff! With a double U-Turn though I kind of think it's going to be a double leg instead of a NEL.

keep up the good work because it's fantastic!

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2010, 11:26:01 AM »
Won't be a double leg; Phil stated there would be 12 legs on this Race at the start line, and CBS has already confirmed the finale is one hour on December 12th, with regular length episodes each Sunday until then.

There's no room for a double-length (or uber) leg this time.
-- theschnauzers

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2010, 12:11:17 PM »
I've kinda always lurked here and find it amazing how you all can find all this stuff! With a double U-Turn though I kind of think it's going to be a double leg instead of a NEL.

keep up the good work because it's fantastic!

Welcome to RFF! We're happy you stopped lurking!

:bigwelcome
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:49:51 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2010, 01:55:37 PM »
 :ythat:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:49:37 PM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2010, 03:20:49 PM »
I can't quite figure how that loom like machine and the drinking task go together. I know they do because Chad is drinking in front of the device. Because it is in Bangladesh I have to wonder if that task has something to do with jute, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jute#History, what do you think?

Also the teams seen on the boats are the ones doing that task which probably means those cans Chad is carrying goes with it too. There seem to be a lot of steps to that task that I cannot seem to connect.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2010, 03:25:17 PM »
Time consuming detour choices with a U-Turn totally makes sense; having such detour tasks with two teams U-Turned makes even more sense.
-- theschnauzers

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2010, 03:58:12 PM »
Re: U-Turn photos....

-Nick does wear a white muscle shirt (aka wifebeater) in the first episode during their interview, plus on the photo, it looks like a tattooed arm on the right side of what would be Vicki.
-Brook & Claire both have pink shirts on, sans Claire's denim jacket.
-Nat & Kat are only seen in scrubs, so I don't know how they would handle that unless they use the cast photo from CBS.
-Chad doesn't have a pink shirt on during the first episode interviews, it was a darker blue.

(Yes, I do tape TAR onto dvds  :lol: )

Who U-Turns who....could we all be over-analyzing the event? We know that B/C & N/K do hang out together like BFFs. That leaves the three other teams to possibly buddy-up and/or conspire. J/T dislike C/S, so J/T could commiserate with N/V where N/V would tell them how they dislike B/C, and vice-versa with J/T talking about C/S. (C/S would be odd-man-out since they're probably still on a high from their engagement and not interested in what others are doing.) So both J/T and N/V could make a pact, and possibly form an alliance in Bangladesh(?), to U-Turn their own hated teams by whoever gets there first.

ETA: Bangladeshi drinks http://backtobangladesh.blogspot.com/2009/06/unusual-fruits-and-drinks.html

Looks like it could be the one made from Tok Doi (sour yogurt)?? It has the same light color.

Hey peach! :waves: I've stepped into your territory, got lost and posted again.  :lol3:
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 04:36:06 PM by florida »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2010, 04:30:02 PM »
Florida!! :hearts:

Here is the CBS embed:

Will reload and cap it as soon as I can!

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2010, 04:33:51 PM »
Well, I guess no redemption arc for Chad & Stephanie.  The way they finally revealed that Stephanie can seemingly be just as bad as he is (edited to be) must mean an ouster's on their way.  They basically go out the way they came in.

Offline Levi Rinno

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2010, 04:40:55 PM »
I think the Roadblock might involve something related to building a bike, something Chad's taunting Nat over.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #119 on: November 16, 2010, 04:50:17 PM »
Quick thoughts on the promo:

The rickshaw assembling is the RB; C/S, B/C, and N/K are there at the same time. The title quote must go here.

The brick carrying and laying is part of the detour. This looks like the typical really hard detour choice that is on an U-turn detour and would otherwise not be chosen.

The drinking thing may be the other detour choice, Chad Brooke and Kat are doing it. Nat and Kat turning that wheel is part of the process of making the drink. It looks like they are riding those little boats out to the drink making task and the task itself may be on one of those large ferries they are climbing into.

Why are B/C seen doing the drinking and the carrying? Confirmation that they are U-turned?

Any thoughts on all that info?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #120 on: November 16, 2010, 04:52:57 PM »

ETA: Bangladeshi drinks http://backtobangladesh.blogspot.com/2009/06/unusual-fruits-and-drinks.html

Looks like it could be the one made from Tok Doi (sour yogurt)?? It has the same light color.

Interesting find, florida. How does this fit in with whatever they are rolling out and/or those metal cans?

Offline florida

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #121 on: November 16, 2010, 05:06:05 PM »

Interesting find, florida. How does this fit in with whatever they are rolling out and/or those metal cans?

Don't know what it's made with, but could it be something to do with sugar cane? There is a Bangladesh Sugarcane Research Institute...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #122 on: November 16, 2010, 05:08:27 PM »
Promo up in post 2...  working on caps, 30+ min
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #123 on: November 16, 2010, 05:18:20 PM »
Promo up in post 2...  working on caps, 30+ min

:hearts: :jumpy:

Don't know what it's made with, but could it be something to do with sugar cane? There is a Bangladesh Sugarcane Research Institute...

What about what I thought earlier about jute? I can't see it being a juice though...

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #124 on: November 16, 2010, 05:19:43 PM »
So the drink task is the preferred choice but some are forced to do the bricks. B/C and C/S are seen doing both so they either switch or are U-turned, or both. With Chad's quote I would guess that they have been U-turned.