Author Topic: EP 3 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**  (Read 34102 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
What?? We might start on time this week?? :lol:

Even though we are a spoiler board, we do NOT want to have the episode spoiled while it is airing.

If you are watching anything but an EST US feed, it is your responsibility to be sure you are not ahead of us if you want to post in this thread. Canadian and Asian satellite feeds are often way ahead of us.

SO PLEASE ** NO WIKI UPDATES or Satellite Viewer updates** to be posted before the show is done airing East Coast time! Anyone breaking the rule is at risk of being banned. 

Otherwise, come watch with us for the best weekly viewing party in town!! :party:

I hope to have a live steam or at least links  posted HERE . For those who are not on the East Coast time, you can follow along and PLEASE help update as the show unfolds! Everyone is more than welcomed and appreciated!! :wohoo:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline kwando1313

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: EP 3 East Coast SHOW updates and commentary **please read the rules**
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »
What? No football delay? LIES!

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 05:15:46 PM »
I have a feeling there is going to be a pretty long delay tonight. The football game still has about 11 minutes left in the 3rd quarter.

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 06:01:46 PM »
10 minutes left in Tennessee/Dallas but the game is tied.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 06:18:45 PM »
Enjoy watching the show everyone! Have fun! And wish me luck because I have an exam! :lol:

:hearts:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline angelmum3

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 06:38:12 PM »
good luck cocoa -

right now the Tennesse Titans are ahead by one touchdown, there is 1:54 min left, and Cowboys are within scoring to tie the game -

we're talking about 40 min passed the "6:00" time for 60 minutes!  so TAR is at least going to be 40 min late tonight...  :duno:

Offline redwings8831

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 06:45:53 PM »
Tennessee/Dallas is over but they switched over to San Diego/Oakland. Under a minute left in that one.

Offline ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 06:46:58 PM »
good luck cocoa -

right now the Tennesse Titans are ahead by one touchdown, there is 1:54 min left, and Cowboys are within scoring to tie the game -

we're talking about 40 min passed the "6:00" time for 60 minutes!  so TAR is at least going to be 40 min late tonight...  :duno:

THIS IS NOT FAIR FOOTBALL SUCK

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 06:48:31 PM »
I hate that they switched over to San Diego/Oakland!  I hate when they do this!  Unless they for once skip 60 Minutes and go straight to The Amazing Race.  Then I'll be happy!

Offline mswood

• "Amazing Race Reporter"
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 06:50:15 PM »
good luck cocoa -

we're talking about 40 min passed the "6:00" time for 60 minutes!  so TAR is at least going to be 40 min late tonight...  :duno:

You may not like Football.  But football is one of the reasons TAR is still alive to this date.  With almost no exceptions nights with a football delay helps TAR's ratings.  Actually (I don't think there is an exception).  Though the help tonight will be less then normal as the best push from overruns is 15-40 minutes.  This will be close to an hour.

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 06:52:45 PM »
I hate that they switched over to San Diego/Oakland!  I hate when they do this!  Unless they for once skip 60 Minutes and go straight to The Amazing Race.  Then I'll be happy!

Belle they will never do that (at least not in the next couple seasons), TAR generates more money per minute then 60 minutes, but 60 minutes is such an established part of CBS' image that it will never happen.

THough if it did.  It would pretty much give TAR its most successful episode in terms of viewers and demos that the show has ever had (and easily).  But it will never, ever happen.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 06:54:13 PM »
good luck cocoa -

I agree too It is really bad. I hate football anyway and I don't watch it and they should do something else because I AM SICK OF TAR BEING DELAYED ALMOST EVERY TWO/THREE WEEKS!!!!!
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 06:56:43 PM »
I put the live links up already in case any of you just can't stand to miss 60 MInutes!! :lol3:

Good luck cocoa!!!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

NoluckBoston

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 06:58:57 PM »
I have wondered if it was possible for CBS to cut back some of 60 Minutes on nights that Football goes over just a little.

The entire show is made up of segment pieces.  If cutting one segment out would put the schedule back on track, then 60 Minutes has and extra segment they can use  at a later air-date and would have to produce one less. Over all cost of production would go down and the schedule  would be closer to accuracy.

but im a librarian not a TV guy so I'm sure there is some reason not to do this.

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 07:00:33 PM »
60 Minutes just began. So 59min delay, eh? Alright then.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2010, 07:01:02 PM »
I hate that they switched over to San Diego/Oakland!  I hate when they do this!  Unless they for once skip 60 Minutes and go straight to The Amazing Race.  Then I'll be happy!

Belle they will never do that (at least not in the next couple seasons), TAR generates more money per minute then 60 minutes, but 60 minutes is such an established part of CBS' image that it will never happen.

THough if it did.  It would pretty much give TAR its most successful episode in terms of viewers and demos that the show has ever had (and easily).  But it will never, ever happen.

I understand.  I just wish either 60 Minutes would go or that they switched TAR to a different day.

Belle Book

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2010, 07:06:20 PM »
60 minutes is here for the long haul.  It will remain on Sunday in that time period long after it stops actually making money.  CBS will take a lose before moving that show.  That show more then any other is CBS. 

They will not risk pissing off their brand name show for a reality program.  It wont happen.

As for moving to TAR to a different night.  TAR has enjoyed great success and stability being on Sunday.  That wouldn't be the case on any other night. 

For the long term health of the show, this time slot has been very, very good to us.

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2010, 07:10:16 PM »
As I mentioned in another thread, the overrun is 58 minutes; I believe that may be the second longest overrun TAR had on Sunday since it moved to Sundays.
-- theschnauzers

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2010, 07:26:22 PM »
I hate that they switched over to San Diego/Oakland!  I hate when they do this!  Unless they for once skip 60 Minutes and go straight to The Amazing Race.  Then I'll be happy!

The contract with the NFL says that they have to switch over to the last game being played. Btw, the NFL makes CBS a lot more money than TAR......so get used to it. I really cant really believe so many people whine over such a small matter. Year after year, TAR after TAR.....same constant whining every week. Grow up people.
Matthew 7:15

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2010, 07:28:44 PM »
New promo up in spoilers!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2010, 07:43:53 PM »
Let's do a little walk down memory lane.

TAR's ratings on Sundays with sports overruns (fall or spring) are higher than when it starts at the cheduled time.  It's wierd, and odd, but it's been a very consistent pattern. Even the demo numbers are higher (18-49).  It was this way with the first two episodes this season.

If it boosts the show's profitability and numbers, I won't be copmplaining about it.  All I'm concerned about is seeing it, and savind a complete copy for my archives.  Even if it means waiting over an hour, as was the case at one point last year.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2010, 07:57:53 PM »
I love football delays!

When you work till minutes before TAR, it means a chance to read the spoilers, catch your breath, and get supper!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2010, 07:58:21 PM »
Almost time....

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2010, 07:58:52 PM »
Previously on Oh my this season is so much better so far....

Offline mswood

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 08:06:28 PM »
Brook & Claire 7:34

Teas must travel across town and find Boxing Arena.
Katie & Rachel 7:35
Michael & Kevin 7:45

RoadBlock   Boxing.  

Wrap hands, use Bag, use jump rope.

Brooke does it.

Gary & Stephanie 7:52
Jill & Thomas 7:58
Connor & Jonathan 8:01

146 dollars

Chad does RB
Katie & Rachel have no idea of which one.