UNDERCOVER BOSS was the Emmy-nominated #1 new series of the 2009-2010 season, averaging 17.7 million viewers. UNDERCOVER BOSS premiered following the Super Bowl to 38.7 million viewers, the largest audience for a new series following the Super Bowl. It also ranks as the biggest new series premiere since 1987 and the most-watched premiere episode of any reality series.
Each week, UNDERCOVER BOSS follows a different executive as they leave the comfort of their corner office for an undercover mission to examine the inner workings of their companies. While working alongside their employees, they see the effects that their decisions have on others, where the problems lie within their organizations and get an up-close look at both the good and the bad while discovering the unsung heroes who make their companies run.
Companies whose chief executives will make the undercover journey include such corporate giants such as:
- Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. (Kim Schaefer, CEO)
- DIRECTV (Mike White, Chairman, President and CEO)
- NASCAR (Steve Phelps, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer)
- Chiquita Brands International, Inc. (Fernando Aguirre, Chairman and CEO)
- Frontier Airlines (Bryan Bedford, Chairman of the Board, President and CEO)
- Chicago Cubs (Todd Ricketts, Owner)
- Lucky Strike Lanes (Steven Foster, Co-Founder and CEO)
Stephen Lambert, Eli Holzman and Chris Carlson are executive producers for Studio Lambert.