Author Topic: Undercover Boss ~ Season Two  (Read 4997 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Undercover Boss ~ Season Two
« on: October 03, 2010, 03:32:55 PM »
UNDERCOVER BOSS was the Emmy-nominated #1 new series of the 2009-2010 season, averaging 17.7 million viewers.  UNDERCOVER BOSS premiered following the Super Bowl to 38.7 million viewers, the largest audience for a new series following the Super Bowl.  It also ranks as the biggest new series premiere since 1987 and the most-watched premiere episode of any reality series.

Each week, UNDERCOVER BOSS follows a different executive as they leave the comfort of their corner office for an undercover mission to examine the inner workings of their companies.  While working alongside their employees, they see the effects that their decisions have on others, where the problems lie within their organizations and get an up-close look at both the good and the bad while discovering the unsung heroes who make their companies run.

Companies whose chief executives will make the undercover journey include such corporate giants such as:

- Great Wolf Resorts, Inc. (Kim Schaefer, CEO)
- DIRECTV (Mike White, Chairman, President and CEO)
- NASCAR (Steve Phelps, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer)
- Chiquita Brands International, Inc. (Fernando Aguirre, Chairman and CEO)     
- Frontier Airlines (Bryan Bedford, Chairman of the Board, President and CEO)
- Chicago Cubs (Todd Ricketts, Owner)
- Lucky Strike Lanes (Steven Foster, Co-Founder and CEO)

Stephen Lambert, Eli Holzman and Chris Carlson are executive producers for Studio Lambert. 

Source: http://www.cbs.com/primetime/undercover_boss/about/

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
Re: Undercover Boss ~ Season Two
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2010, 03:43:42 PM »
Last week featured Choice Hotels, Boss: Steve Joyce. This week we'll see Kim Schaefer, CEO of Great Wolf Resorts, the first female CEO on Undercover Boss. Undercover boss airs after The Amazing Race. Sundays 9/8c on CBS! I enjoyed this series last year. It shows people who believe in doing their jobs the best that they can even when no one is paying attention. Last year we saw a few who were terrible at their job like the Hooter's manager who humiliated his servers with a stupid contest to see who could leave early.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 03:49:10 PM by TexasLady »

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2010, 05:36:32 PM »
I hope they balanced this season out  more with the sob stories vs the disgrutle employees or in subordinate ones. 

seeing sob story after sob story  just killed  it for me last year, even though i watched the whole season :lol3:
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2010, 05:44:31 PM »
I hope they balanced this season out  more with the sob stories vs the disgrutle employees or in subordinate ones. 

seeing sob story after sob story  just killed  it for me last year, even though i watched the whole season :lol3:

Thilly Perthon!  :lol:   Not all sob stories are sob stories..

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2010, 06:47:30 PM »
I'd Like to see a boss get chewed out by an employee after the reveal and not get fired!  :lol3: ha ha  now that's entertainment!

Thilly Perthon!  :lol:   Not all sob stories are sob stories..
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2010, 05:54:52 AM »
It is so obvious that they have carefully prescreened all "trainers" so that deliberately get a heavy mix of people who have been excellent performers and would benefit from some extra recognition. That is the "Undercover Boss" formula. There is nothing wrong with that, but I would rather see a much more random selection selection of the participants so these CEOs really learned something rather than just uncovered what was already known by the Human Resources function in their company.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 07:05:16 PM »
Try as hard as I might apskip, after this last episode I can't disagree with you. I wish it wasn't so scripted and so obvious. I'd like it much more if the boss really was undercover for real, and interacting with employees as encountered. I still like the show, I'll still watch but.... get some realism in it.

I liked a show, Airline, a show about the employees at Southwest airline who deal with passengers. The passengers were real and a lot of them obnoxious but entertaining all the same. I'd like to see some more interaction with customers and problem solving.

ETA: It was funny to watch the boss clean up poo in the pool.  :lol: