Author Topic: TAR 18 Pre-Race Speculation  (Read 37016 times)

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 18 Pre-Race Speculation
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2010, 05:05:59 PM »
Ahh I live an hour away from Niagara Falls. Possibly they could be flying out of Buffalo Airport? or even Rochester?

That is if Niagara Falls is the startline. Or instead of flying for the 1st task, they could drive across the border into Canada and do some things before flying out of Toronto?

The nearest airports at Niagara Falls is Buffalo and Toronto.  Toronto is a bigger airport than Buffalo and has alot of international flights outbound.  Could the race start filming tomorrow.  Weather for Monday in the area is rain, but tomorrow's weather there would be mostly cloudy, but good.  A Sunday start is most likely.  Driving to the first destination on the first leg happened before on Amazing Race 8, when the families drove from New York to Pennsylvania.

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2010, 05:07:57 PM »
Ahh I live an hour away from Niagara Falls. Possibly they could be flying out of Buffalo Airport? or even Rochester?

That is if Niagara Falls is the startline. Or instead of flying for the 1st task, they could drive across the border into Canada and do some things before flying out of Toronto?

The nearest airports at Niagara Falls is Buffalo and Toronto.  Toronto is a bigger airport than Buffalo and has alot of international flights outbound.  Could the race start filming tomorrow.  Weather for Monday in the area is rain, but tomorrow's weather there would be mostly cloudy, but good.  A Sunday start is most likely.  Driving to the first destination on the first leg happened before on Amazing Race 8, when the families drove from New York to Pennsylvania.

That was the family edition though, I hope it does start in Toronto I live there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 :yess:
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Online ZBC Company

• aka spoler
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2010, 05:09:20 PM »

That was the family edition though, I hope it does start in Toronto I live there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 :yess:

why dont you do some spy go to down new york torromor 

calibound234

« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2010, 05:12:43 PM »
Rochester isn't as popular a city I guess as Buffalo or Toronto, but Rochester is roughly the same distance away from Niagara Falls as Toronto is.

If driving to the first destination is the case, than Toronto would seem more likely. The Buffalo Airport however, is only roughly 30 minutes away from Niagara Falls, so that could be the airport they fly out of if the first destination isn't in Canada.

Why start in Niagara Falls though if there are no plans to head into Canada.

This is all just speculation though, we still dont know if that is where they are starting off.

calibound234

« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2010, 05:16:14 PM »
My friend and I were actually planning on going to Niagara Falls yesterday as I had off work. We ended up not going though.

If Ii didn't have work or school to worry about I'd definately go see if I could find anything. It would be disappointing though if I got there and it wasn't the starting line of TAR18 or if I went a few days early/late :(

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2010, 05:24:01 PM »

The nearest airports at Niagara Falls is Buffalo and Toronto.  Toronto is a bigger airport than Buffalo and has alot of international flights outbound.  Could the race start filming tomorrow.  Weather for Monday in the area is rain, but tomorrow's weather there would be mostly cloudy, but good.  A Sunday start is most likely.  Driving to the first destination on the first leg happened before on Amazing Race 8, when the families drove from New York to Pennsylvania.

why dont you do some spy go to down new york torromor  

I cant go to New York

I wonder what Peach has to say about this speculation
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2010, 05:55:43 PM »
Wow. I'm so excited. :hearts: Starting line task (w/out elimination pls), former racers, express pass(?)! :hearts:
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:27:41 PM by Cocoa »

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Missing Apskip :(
« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2010, 06:03:50 PM »
Adding a little temper to the piece:

I have a DK series travel book on Toronto that I bought at LAX during the startup of TAR16 because somebody spoofed us into thinking the first destination was Toronto.   :groan:
Documenting her Race Around the World:  Wild Eyes
Our children, what are they going to amount to?

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2010, 06:06:48 PM »
We have no evidence whatsoever to suggest Niagra....but anything is possible! Just remember that Ontario has tons of corporate Amazing Race style events.
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2010, 06:11:48 PM »
We have no evidence whatsoever to suggest Niagra....but anything is possible! Just remember that Ontario has tons of corporate Amazing Race style events.

So true, I tried to apply to one but couldnt. :'(
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2010, 06:12:58 PM »

I saw that guys tweet about the race, on more of the tweets, by the same person he mentioned he met the producers and crew.

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2010, 06:15:55 PM »
Adding a little temper to the piece:

I have a DK series travel book on Toronto that I bought at LAX during the startup of TAR16 because somebody spoofed us into thinking the first destination was Toronto.   :groan:

Chateau, Toronto is a beautiful city, atleast you have a reference book if you decide to visit!
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2010, 06:16:56 PM »

I saw that guys tweet about the race, on more of the tweets, by the same person he mentioned he met the producers and crew.

Can you give me the person's twitter id, so I can ask him where exactly in the city he saw it.
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2010, 06:19:32 PM »

Can you give me the person's twitter id, so I can ask him where exactly in the city he saw it.

I've already questioned him several times. He works at a carwash and says a convoy of race staff stopped by. He is not in Toronto if that's what you are wondering.
There is not a whole lot of evidence to back this lead up so we should probably leave him alone.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2010, 06:22:09 PM »

I've already questioned him several times. He works at a carwash and says a convoy of race staff stopped by. He is not in Toronto if that's what you are wondering.
There is not a whole lot of evidence to back this lead up so we should probably leave him alone.

Ok, heres some speculation, maybe the crew was heading from Toronto to the start line. So possibly Toronto is were they are headed after the start line.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 06:30:00 PM by Amazingrace123 »
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2010, 06:49:52 PM »
Where exactly in Ontario Prophet?
Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2010, 08:45:39 PM »

The twitterer is in Brampton - which is just outside of Toronto and very close to YYZ.
Its not inconceivable that they were prepping cars for staging at the airport, although it doesn't seem likely they would publicize what the cars were to be used for.
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2010, 08:55:49 PM »
7-8 pm departures from LAX........London, Moscow, Singapore, Vancouver, zurich and glascow

8-9 pm departures from LAX........ London, Sydney and Vancouver

9-10 pm departures from LAX.....Auckland, London,, Calgary, Bangkok, Paris, Tahiti, Toronto

10-11 pm departures from LAX..... Auckland, Toronto, Tahiti, Sydney, HongKong, Taiwan, Seoul, Toronto
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 09:19:14 PM by DrRox »
Matthew 7:15

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2010, 09:24:03 PM »
You could also consider they could connect through an American city like Houston, Miami, Seattle, New York, Detroit, Chicago, or Atlanta.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2010, 09:26:55 PM »
You could also consider they could connect through an American city like Houston, Miami, Seattle, New York, Detroit, Chicago, or Atlanta.

Very doubtful at this time of night.......the international flights out of those cities are leaving rignt now too

Offline #HEEL

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2010, 09:27:04 PM »
7-8 pm departures from LAX........London, Moscow, Singapore, Vancouver, zurich and glascow

8-9 pm departures from LAX........ London, Sydney and Vancouver

9-10 pm departures from LAX.....Auckland, London,, Calgary, Bangkok, Paris, Tahiti, Toronto

10-11 pm departures from LAX..... Auckland, Toronto, Tahiti, Sydney, HongKong, Taiwan, Seoul, Toronto

London gives a lot of flight options, which they tend to like doing. But from LA they tend to go to South America first, or travel East->West.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2010, 09:28:57 PM »

Very doubtful at this time of night.......the international flights out of those cities are leaving rignt now too

Forget about something called a "Red-Eye" aka overnight flight!!!

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Bring on TAR25
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2010, 09:31:43 PM »
I was wondering about Singapore or Bangkok? These could be a good option
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams' - 'To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2010, 09:32:02 PM »

Forget about something called a "Red-Eye" aka overnight flight!!!

The red eyes are leaving RIGHT now from all those airports.......but you could go find some and not just spout off about them

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2010, 09:43:31 PM »

You are certainly welcome to go seach all those cities and look for flights.......be sure to figure in the connection flight and layover times for flights from LAX to each one of those cities.

Custom Search