Author Topic: TAR 18 Contestant Speculation  (Read 151895 times)

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
Re: TAR 18 Contestant Speculation
« Reply #75 on: November 09, 2010, 10:49:48 PM »
After going through all of this sort of speculation, including the methodology of choosing, over a period of years for what became season 11, I'm not getting into it this time around.

As I indicated early on in the TAR 18 speculation thread, what we get this time is going to be based on whatever "pattern" or method of selection the cast that TPRB decide to use.   And either it will be cast in a better manner this time around or it won't.  I'm not going to spend any of my energy speculating with zero information, which is all we have it terms of specifics.  Trying to read the tea leaves isn't productive for me.

Last time around, the route and the tasks made up for some of the casting choices in season 11.  I'm just going to sit back and wait and see what comes of it. No stress, no worries!
-- theschnauzers

Offline CheyneTAR

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Twitter
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2010, 12:09:17 AM »
After going through all of this sort of speculation, including the methodology of choosing, over a period of years for what became season 11, I'm not getting into it this time around.

As I indicated early on in the TAR 18 speculation thread, what we get this time is going to be based on whatever "pattern" or method of selection the cast that TPRB decide to use.   And either it will be cast in a better manner this time around or it won't.  I'm not going to spend any of my energy speculating with zero information, which is all we have it terms of specifics.  Trying to read the tea leaves isn't productive for me.

Last time around, the route and the tasks made up for some of the casting choices in season 11.  I'm just going to sit back and wait and see what comes of it. No stress, no worries!

it would be nice if they did something like Survivor Heroes vs Villains where they bring back old challenges (of course if it is an all star race)

Currently trying to find a magnificent way to earn me a spot on The Amazing Race

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2010, 01:34:53 AM »
That idea was brought up in the run up to season 11, but that didn't happen. All we've seen is the one switchback.

It would be fun to re-create single legs from each season with the same tasks in the same locations, even if this mean those came from before season 12, and have the teams all come from after season 11. Then we'd see which returning teams had ever really studied the past of the show and drawn the lessons they should have from those earlier seasons.

But truthfully, I don't expect to see that.
-- theschnauzers

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2010, 03:57:42 AM »
Honestly, I'd love that, but at the same time, the spoilers will be very obvious since detectives can easily get information (by means of locations and maybe perhaps teams since this is AS2) and they don't want that to happen.

But 1 leg full of Amazing Race memories would be awesome. :tup:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline RaDIaNt

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2010, 07:12:21 AM »
I hope Flight Time and Big Easy are in the race. They are true All Star racers, and entertaining to watch. To me there were a few teams I actually liked, and I pretty much stuck around just to watch them race. I think all in all I liked like 2 teams including them, the other being Zev and Justin.

So yeah hoping Flight Time and Big Easy are back. It wouldn't be an all star race without them.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2010, 08:15:13 AM »

He proposed to his girlfriend then left a few days later for The Amazing Race last year.

She's going to get a complex if he leaves again. :rodeo :smooch: :dance: :dontgo: :escape  :'(
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2010, 09:19:07 AM »
That idea was brought up in the run up to season 11, but that didn't happen. All we've seen is the one switchback.

It would be fun to re-create single legs from each season with the same tasks in the same locations, even if this mean those came from before season 12, and have the teams all come from after season 11. Then we'd see which returning teams had ever really studied the past of the show and drawn the lessons they should have from those earlier seasons.

But truthfully, I don't expect to see that.

I think people want new things from TAR. I'm really excited to wait and see if this is going to be an allstars indeed..

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2010, 05:00:51 PM »
I hope Flight Time and Big Easy are in the race. They are true All Star racers, and entertaining to watch. To me there were a few teams I actually liked, and I pretty much stuck around just to watch them race. I think all in all I liked like 2 teams including them, the other being Zev and Justin.

So yeah hoping Flight Time and Big Easy are back. It wouldn't be an all star race without them.

:o

No....just...no...

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2010, 07:34:31 PM »

:o

No....just...no...

Personally, I want Zev & Justin back, since I could relate to them.  I have Asperger's Syndrome and it would be nice to see Zev & Justin avoid the error they made with their possessions this time!

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2010, 07:56:35 PM »
Sorry for my "sabbatical".

If this rumor holds true my 11 teams would have to be (Season 12+)

Kynt & Vyxsin -12
Ronald & Christina -12
Nick & Starr - 13
Andrew & Dan - 13
Margie & Luke - 14 - Could be a possibility due to luke's absence in the boards
Kisha & Jen- 14
Sam & Dan - 15
Jet & Cord - 16
Brent & Caite- 16
Carol & Brandy -16
Brook & Claire -17

Azaria & Hendekea -12
Toni & Dallas - 13
Andrew & Dan - 13
Margie & Luke - 14
Amanda & Kris- 14
Maria & Tiffany - 15
Flight Time & Big Easy - 15
Sara & Cord - 16
Brent & Caite- 16
Brook & Claire -17
Gary & Mallory - 17

Feel free to make suggestions and your own casts. I'd like to hear if you think that any of these will or won't come on for what ever reason.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:46:21 AM by the-pr0phet »

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2010, 09:47:35 PM »
I thought this thread was supposed to stay free of wishlists (including fantasies, dreams, etc.)
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2010, 10:03:33 PM »
Yes, please.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2010, 08:44:12 AM »
Yes, please.

Sorry didn't see that rule. Are we sticking to facts on here?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2010, 08:48:41 AM »
I don't know whatever it is georgiapeach is basing her speculation on (or the specifics), but I've been involved with TAR as a viewer from the beginning, and I think the circumstantial evidence supports her speculation.

We've seen no evidence of an application period for TAR 18; at the time, the application period for TAR 11 was not the normal, and it became apparent soon thereafter that TAR 11 application period that something was afoot, especially from the Racer community. In addition, there are some programming factors that points towards the speculation as having some weight. These include: the impending 10th anniversary of TAR's filming its first season (February 2011), the fact that CBS had a 10th anniversary edition for Survivor, the unusual solicitation of ideas, feedback etc, from Jerry Bruckheimer *whose company rarely does thinks like this), the fact that Phil recently raised a discussion of a celebrity format at this particular time, and I'm sure I'm not remembering all of them at the moment.  But there's an old expression -- "Where there's smoke, there's fire," and mein Gott, there's been a lot of smoke lately.  So to me the circumstances plus the fact that we know from observation and experience that peorgiapeach has her sources and her means of getting information about the production side of the Race, I trust GP's judgment about what is going on. I'd just wish there was something concrete about TAR 18 to come out of CBS, Jerry Bruckheimer, or World Race Productions, to alleviate the anxiety level about the spring.

This makes a lot of sense, with all of that it would be a big surprise to not see an all stars or celebrity this time.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2010, 09:29:15 AM »
:angel
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:40:03 AM by Cocoa »
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Snooky

• Beware of Spooks!
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Online Reality Games Yuniverse
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2010, 09:33:04 AM »

:ascared
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 09:43:22 AM by Snooky »

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2010, 09:34:10 AM »
Okay... moving on. :lol:

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2010, 09:42:27 AM »
Well I hope they'll consider Amanda & Kris. They're engaged now.

I'd like to see them again too.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2010, 09:43:25 AM »
:toast
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 10:02:45 AM by the-pr0phet »

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2010, 10:48:29 AM »
Regarding my post from September 24th -- we did get a press release out of CBS confirming TAR 18 for the spring, with no mention of application periods or the normal casting process.

An anvil couldn't make it any more obvious at this point. Now it just a question of who has been cast -- and I'm impressed by the total lack of rumors or leaks from the Racer community. They've learned when to say nothing.
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2010, 11:39:01 AM »
Yes, please.

Sorry didn't see that rule. Are we sticking to facts on here?

This is for speculation on possible contestants. Feel free to speculate away, we won't need this much longer. :lol:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 11:45:30 AM by georgiapeach »
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2010, 01:01:26 PM »
TAR 12
Kynt and Vyxsin
Ronald and Christina

TAR 13
Toni and Dallas
Ken and Tina

TAR 14
Jaime and Cara
Kisha and Jen

TAR 15
Sam and Dan
Brian and Ericka

TAR 16
Carol and Brandy

TAR 17
Brook and Claire
Mallory and Gary

Teams that I DO NOT WANT:
Margie and Puke
Globetwatters
Cowboys
Brent and Caite
Detectives
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 08:24:20 PM by Zvarri »

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2010, 06:55:39 PM »
My list:

TAR 12:

Kynt & Vyksin &
Ronald & Christina

TAR 13:

Toni & Dallas
& Ken & Tina

TAR 14:

Amanda & Kris
& Margie & Luke

TAR 15:

Zev & Justin &
Brian & Ericka

TAR 16:

Carol & Brandy

TAR 17:

Brook & Claire &
Gary & Mallory

Belle Book

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2010, 07:29:47 PM »
These lists people are putting out look surprisingly similar. It will be interesting to see how close we are to the real cast.

Is anyone here familiar with that survey that Bruckheimer put out about favorite teams?

Offline ovalorange

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2010, 09:40:14 PM »
These lists people are putting out look surprisingly similar. It will be interesting to see how close we are to the real cast.

Is anyone here familiar with that survey that Bruckheimer put out about favorite teams?

I think that the cast will be similar to what most people have here. How can they not put in likeable teams that raced well?

I remember for season 11, that Phil said they weren't looking for the best racers, they were looking for the most outstanding and memorable teams. Not sure whether that criteria would apply for this season though.