Author Topic: TAR 18 Contestant Speculation  (Read 151937 times)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
Re: TAR 18 Contestant Speculation
« Reply #125 on: November 15, 2010, 10:34:23 AM »
Surely they would have casting finalized by now. Wouldn't they? I would expect them to start filming in the next couple of weeks. I'm just thinking in regards to people being home by Christmas.

Yes, as I detailed over here: http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23383.msg572125.html#msg572125, they never film on Christmas. I would think they will begin either this weekend or next.

I could be wrong here, but I believe they try to have the teams home for Thanksgiving as well. If so, we should expect a start a week or so after next Thursday.

Yeah, they have in the past two seasons but they did not used to. Seasons 7, 9, and 11 all filmed on Thanksgiving.
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #126 on: November 15, 2010, 02:21:21 PM »

I could be wrong here, but I believe they try to have the teams home for Thanksgiving as well. If so, we should expect a start a week or so after next Thursday.

Well maybe not the race teams, but maybe for the crew/production staff. When they started filming TAR 16 last year on the Sat after Thur Thanksgiving,  the race teams were obviously in sequestor and separated from families.
Matthew 7:15

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #127 on: November 15, 2010, 04:59:24 PM »

Well maybe not the race teams, but maybe for the crew/production staff. When they started filming TAR 16 last year on the Sat after Thur Thanksgiving,  the race teams were obviously in sequester and separated from families.

About how long before the start date do they go into sequester usually?

Offline Competitor

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #128 on: November 15, 2010, 06:32:35 PM »

Well maybe not the race teams, but maybe for the crew/production staff. When they started filming TAR 16 last year on the Sat after Thur Thanksgiving,  the race teams were obviously in sequester and separated from families.
[/quote

About how long before the start date do they go into sequester usually?

I believe it's 5-7 days.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2010, 07:12:41 PM »
Wear your specs for a speculation! :lol:

Both Kynt AND Vyxsin posted this status in their fan page. ;)

Absence makes the heart grow fonder......... ♥♥♥
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2010, 07:19:08 PM »

I wouldn't be at all surprised, Cocoa. If there was one team that most people had on their ARAS2 list, it was Kynt and Vyxsin. If this is true, then it will be good for us, because they will certainly draw attention to themselves with their 'unique' styles of dress. Photos hopefully will arise!

Anyone else seen FB posts from possible contestants change like this? Sequester should begin within a week at most, because as some have said the race needs to begin soon!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »

I wouldn't be at all surprised, Cocoa. If there was one team that most people had on their ARAS2 list, it was Kynt and Vyxsin. If this is true, then it will be good for us, because they will certainly draw attention to themselves with their 'unique' styles of dress. Photos hopefully will arise!

Anyone else seen FB posts from possible contestants change like this? Sequester should begin within a week at most, because as some have said the race needs to begin soon!

To add, both posted it 8 hours ago. Now that's... not obvious? :lol:
Currently on hiatus. If you need to urgently reach me, you can send me an email :D

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #132 on: November 17, 2010, 07:52:11 PM »

True on all counts, has anyone seen them lately to determine if they still look this way?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2010, 07:57:09 PM »

Cord McCoy updated his Twitter on Monday after going dormant since the tenth. He was married on the 13th and was allegedly going on their Maui trip as a honeymoon. Anyone know how many nights that was supposed to be? He also tweeted yesterday but not today.

I think that "trip" is possibly a cover up or they will go straight from it to sequester in Cali; if he really goes to Maui for an extended time he will probably miss sequester and not race this time. I'll continue to keep an eye on him.

Offline weihen

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2010, 09:02:14 PM »
I just wonder Kris and Amanda may race in All-star. Amanda changed her head photo on FB by a photo that she and Kris on a CBS board.

Offline Cocoa

• RFF Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2010, 10:07:01 PM »
I'm afraid I won't be following the teams until they are clearly sequestered/starting the race: who knows? Obviously tracking them might endanger their status on the race, IMO. I know these are "former racers" not an ordinary TAR, but I'll respect their privacy. :tup:

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2010, 10:19:57 PM »
Since they are "vets," being former racers.....I really doubt that the sequestor will be very long. Not like with the 1st timers, going over all the stuff. I would think they could have gone into sequestor today and be racing by Sat.

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #137 on: November 18, 2010, 02:06:09 AM »
Since they are "vets," being former racers.....I really doubt that the sequestor will be very long. Not like with the 1st timers, going over all the stuff. I would think they could have gone into sequestor today and be racing by Sat.

I think they'll be off within a day or 2. Peach has updated the thread with live tweets etc...looks like the race is set to go!
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams. To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #138 on: November 18, 2010, 08:35:07 AM »
So this thread is pretty much over right?

:boot:

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #139 on: November 18, 2010, 01:19:30 PM »
I guess we'll find out soon, but I do want to throw out one final theory I've been toying with. Is it possible that this race would feature 11 all-star racers racing with a new partner? From what I've found in this thread, Claire is pregnant and Cord just got married, but I can't imagine an All-Star season without Jet & Cord or Brook & Claire. Is it possible that maybe Cord could be racing with his new wife, Brook could be racing with another partner (her application video was essentially her auditioning with two different partners and letting CBS choose who they would want her to race with), and 9 other past race/new partner combinations?

Personally, I don't really know if I would like to see this, but I just thought I'd throw it out there in case it actually ends up happening.
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #140 on: November 18, 2010, 01:49:19 PM »
Better that team format than combining members of two different original teams.

And that team format isn't far off of the one I would favor if there ever was a celeb edition -- celeb plus non-celeb friend or family member. (Just saying.)

I seriously think anytime after today is a possible start time. Many people travel as early as the Friday preceding Thanksgiving to take the whole week of Thanksgiving off, and this is in many ways the best week to sneak teams into sequester to prepare for the Race. By the time folks realize they're AWOL, the race could be one-third or more finished filming.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 07:36:11 PM by theschnauzers »
-- theschnauzers

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #141 on: November 18, 2010, 02:12:38 PM »
I guess we'll find out soon, but I do want to throw out one final theory I've been toying with. Is it possible that this race would feature 11 all-star racers racing with a new partner? From what I've found in this thread, Claire is pregnant and Cord just got married, but I can't imagine an All-Star season without Jet & Cord or Brook & Claire. Is it possible that maybe Cord could be racing with his new wife, Brook could be racing with another partner (her application video was essentially her auditioning with two different partners and letting CBS choose who they would want her to race with), and 9 other past race/new partner combinations?

Personally, I don't really know if I would like to see this, but I just thought I'd throw it out there in case it actually ends up happening.

I have wondered about that as well, I would find that interesting. I still kind of think that they will do a slightly different format from last time because of the general discontent with TAR 11. I would almost be surprised to see a copy of that format.

How do you know about Brook's audition video? I can't imagine a year without B/C and J/C either.

Who else does anyone think would go with someone else?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #142 on: November 18, 2010, 02:19:17 PM »
My thoughts on who would go with another partner:

As has already been mentioned, Jet and his wife Sara and Brook with another random friend (she doesn't really know Claire all that well and probably doesn't care who she goes with) (and Brook's not married yet and Claire is right?)

Not Meghan and Cheyne (aren't they married now?)

How about for a "Eric and Danielle team" Dallas and Starr (the names are just too funny anyway)

Tammy of Tammy/Victor might  :duno:

You would think that Kynt and Vyxsin would have to go together, but maybe their FB status means that they were not going to see each other for a while

Didn't Brent and Caite break up?

One of Jaime and Cara could

Same for Kisha and Jen, Connor and Jonathan, Sam and Dan,  etc.

Maybe I got a little carried away with that idea...

Offline Zvarri

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #143 on: November 18, 2010, 02:35:28 PM »
My absolute pet peeve would be hybrid teams on an All Star season. I hope there won't be any hybrid teams. I want original teams please. No Eric/Daniels again.

If they even dare introducing a new person who was never on the race before, I would ****ing lose it. Its call ALL STARS. Not "A Star teaming up with someone who hasn't been on this show before."

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #144 on: November 18, 2010, 02:45:55 PM »
My absolute pet peeve would be hybrid teams on an All Star season. I hope there won't be any hybrid teams. I want original teams please. No Eric/Daniels again.

If they even dare introducing a new person who was never on the race before, I would ****ing lose it. Its call ALL STARS. Not "A Star teaming up with someone who hasn't been on this show before."

Well it may not be an "All Stars" as you are defining it.......we have tried to keep it low key till we find out. All we know is, it is some kind of "former racers" format......so dont get your hopes up to high. But I am with you, I hope it is only orginal teams.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:11:30 PM by DrRox »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #145 on: November 18, 2010, 02:50:16 PM »
Personally, I want to see another All-Stars race, I like seeing them back against other great teams...I hope it's straight ARAS2

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2010, 03:03:31 PM »
Personally, I want to see another All-Stars race, I like seeing them back against other great teams...I hope it's straight ARAS2

Well, the other ideas we were discussing are certainly only speculation. There is no proof either way.

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2010, 03:14:07 PM »

I still dont know why people called the first one All Stars......it certainly wasn't that.........no way David and Mary were anything close to All Star.....same with Danille....all nice people but certainly not All Star material.

I see people making the same mistake again and being disappointed when we find out which teams it is.

Having said that........what is the criteria that would constitue a "TAR All Star" team and not just Fan Favorite Teams. I know on TAR 11....there are teams I would classify as "All Star" but most of them were more Fan Favorites to me.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 03:20:26 PM by DrRox »

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2010, 03:20:41 PM »
Exactly, DrRox.

I've also been thinking, something that's been missing for me that we had in earlier seasons that people may say isn't true but I believe it is, is that we always love an underdog, and teams like Linda and Karen, Momily, Meredith and Gretchen, Fran and Barry (older, less capable teams) are great favourites. And I want to see a team that did very well, were loved by everyone, but could still bring some fire to the race...probably rules Meredith and Gretchen out then lol...

However if it is racers from 12-17, who could there be?

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2010, 03:22:29 PM »

I still dont know why people called the first one All Stars......it certainly want that.........no way David and Mary were anything close to All Star.....same with Danille....all nice people but certainly not All Star material.

I see people making the same mistake again and being disappointed when we find out which teams it is.

Having said that........what is the criteria that would constitue a "TAR All Star" team and not just Fan Favorite Teams.

I suppose a strong team with a good average finish that possibly even attended the final.

I agree that TAR 11 was a fan favorites year and am afraid that this one will be too. That seems to be the only way that CBS can satisfy the viewers.
For instance Kynt and Vyxsin seem to be everyone's favorites to return, but I do not consider them a strong team. The "All-Stars" seasons seem to be a way for them to resurrect unusual teams that were well liked but not very good. That is why season 11 was so odd.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 05:50:52 PM by the-pr0phet »