Author Topic: TAR 18 Media  (Read 26964 times)

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
Re: TAR 18 Media
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2010, 06:19:39 PM »
I have posted this on the location/destination spoilers but here for reference:

Broken Hill's daily newspaper the Barrier Daily Truth has about the day in Broken Hill:

http://www.bdtruth.com.au/index.php?stub&id=1271

"Quite a few locals were excited yesterday at the news that contestants and crew from the US TV reality show 'The Amazing Race' were in the city as part of their Australian leg of the show.

The production crew and 11 American couples arrived in the city on two Rex chartered planes yesterday morning from Sydney, and were picked up by several four-wheeldrives.

The show has couples race across the globe, doing crazy things at each destination. Rotary and St Johns Ambulance were at the old Junction Mine yesterday with the crew and contestants while they filmed a sequence for the show."

"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2010, 04:38:19 PM »
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Plaidmoon

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2010, 08:42:08 PM »
From the Orange County Register (Los Angeles area newspaper) :

The diligent folks over at Reality Fan Forum do a phenomenal job of tracking “The Amazing Race” while it is being filmed.

The group’s network of spies found the contestants from season 18 leaving LAX Saturday and arriving in Sydney Monday.

The usual vague descriptions of the teams this early in the Race were replaced by the names of all of the participants – because season 18 will be another “all-star” season.

The Watcher puts “all-star” in quotes, because most viewers would be hard-pressed to apply the adjective to most of the teams running. All of the teams come from the six seasons since the Race’s first All-Star outing. “Second chance” might be a better sub-label, or “Do you remember any of these people?”

None of the teams won their Race, and five of them come from season 14.

In case you want to avoid being spoiled before CBS announces the cast in a few weeks, I’ll put the identities of the Racers after the break:

According to RFF, these are the teams of season 18:

From season 12: Ronald & Christina (second place), Kynt & Vyxsin (fifth)

From season 14: Jamie & Cara (second), Margie & Luke (third), Kisha & Jen (fourth), Mel & Mike (sixth), Amanda & Kris (eighth)

From season 15: Flight Time & Big Easy (fourth), Zev & Justin (ninth)

From season 16: Jet & Cord (second)

From season 17: Gary & Mallory (sixth)

http://pedrowatcher.ocregister.com/2010/11/24/amazing-race-goes-all-star-again/30168/

Offline Caelestor

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Chronology Synchronizer
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2010, 09:07:11 PM »
You know what's disturbing? Everyone is assuming that it's an All-Stars season (imo highly unlikely considering the placement of some of the teams).
RFF TAR 4: 129 EUR

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2010, 10:54:15 PM »
Any Chinese or Japanese media pick up the race? I cant seem to find anything.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Prophet

• TarKonian Game Host
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • ∞∞
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2010, 09:30:37 AM »
At least the media finally gave our amazing detectives credit!  :party:
Physics alone is not enough.

Those who forget history are sure to repeat it.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2010, 10:28:01 PM »

“We’re thrilled the audience watching us sprint around the globe each week will continue to witness the breathtaking landscapes that serve as our backdrops, only now in high definition. Whether we’re racing alongside the crystal-white peaks of the Arctic Circle, the neon-lined skyscrapers of Japan, or the color-drenched domes of the Russian Kremlin, fans will enjoy a heightened viewing experience as we bring the world to their couch every Sunday night,” said Executive Producer and co-Creator Bertram van Munster."

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cbs-amazing-race-set-to-return-in-spring-in-hd-at-last/
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2010, 10:33:04 PM »
I dont think he can be trusted?

Remember he is the one who said no non-elimination legs on season 12 and there were a couple. Also they just visited the Arctic circle and Russia so doubt it.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2010, 10:34:42 PM »
That is just a description...not a real route!
"Our fans are pretty good. They don't give away too much. Sometimes people love dropping spoilers, but our fans are good. They tend to do it in such a way that doesn't ruin it for fans who don't want to know."--Phil Keoghan

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2010, 10:40:32 PM »
That is just a description...not a real route!

EDIT: didnt read spec board before I posted here,but i dont think he can be trusted still.
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Phil rules!! :D
Survivor: Blood vs. Water premieres Wednesday, September 18, 2013 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 23 premieres Sunday, September 29, 2013 8/7C on CBS

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • Get me out of China!
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2010, 08:35:50 PM »
Phil is in a "top secret location"

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/12/phil-keoghan-loves-that-girl-power-dominates-the-amazing-race-season-finale.htmlhttp://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/12/phil-keoghan-loves-that-girl-power-dominates-the-amazing-race-season-finale.html

is fake the website dont work

The URL is in there twice all jammed together. This should work:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/12/phil-keoghan-loves-that-girl-power-dominates-the-amazing-race-season-finale.html

Nat, 31, and Kat, 35, have impressed viewers with their unflappable natures. While some partners have been abusive toward their teammates -- Chad Waltrip and Nick DeCarlo, we're looking at you -- these two women have behaved admirably toward each other every step of the way.

"My daughters enjoyed watching them," Keoghan said. "They’re two very strong women, obviously very smart. To me, the best thing about 'The Amazing Race' has always been about being able to watch relationships that are strong, functional, and that actually are inspirational. "Of course, we’ve seen the other side of that. We’ve seen all kinds of relationships over the years that for some reason haven’t worked. When there’s a great connection, if you remember when the cowboys were on, or you think about the connection between Nat and Kat, when you see that kind of connection and how they operate under pressure, and we’re able to capture that with a camera and share that with an audience, I think that’s pretty cool."
After 17 seasons, Keoghan has developed an interesting theory about same-sex teams and why they tend to communicate better during the race. This season, viewers have noted on message boards and Twitter that the men have not treated the women in their lives well, especially Nick who berated his girlfriend, Vicki Casciola, mocked her, and eventually stopped helping her finish a challenge.

"It’s almost like a mid-football game mentality where some of the guys are playing a game of football with their guy friends and they forget that they’re actually out there with their girlfriends or wives or partners," he said. "They start yelling and screaming like they’re in the middle of a game. It’s always surprising to me.

"It always reminds me of the book 'Men are From Mars, Women From Venus' which outlines exactly the difference between men and women," he continued. "And I think male/female teams have more of a challenge on 'Race' than same-sex teams just because of that fact that when you’re communicating and trying to work together under pressure, men and women just are wired different. I'm into equal rights and everything, but at the end of the day, men and women are just different and the way that two men will talk to each other when they’re competing as opposed to, say, the way two women talk to each other, it’s so uniquely different."

You be the judge. :cmaslol
President of RFF's Resident Procrastinator Club

I'm rude only to rude people. :)

Offline gl14

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 08:41:01 AM »
Preview is on YouTube.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:24:44 AM by gl14 »

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2010, 07:57:27 PM »
Preview is on YouTube.

here is the link. I hope it is legit (Sorry I posted it in a couple of other threads before I saw this one. probably posted it in wrong spot somewhere along the way... too many categories!) :cmas30: :cmas30:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9ojqlhIF4g

Offline TAR new fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2010, 08:16:39 PM »
Preview is on YouTube.

here is the link. I hope it is legit (Sorry I posted it in a couple of other threads before I saw this one. probably posted it in wrong spot somewhere along the way... too many categories!) :cmas30: :cmas30:

It's fake. :(

Offline DrRox

• A Simple Traveler
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Black holes are where God divided by zero!!!
    • My Favorite City
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2010, 08:33:08 PM »
Preview is on YouTube.

It's fake. :(

Don't beat yourself up over it.........it's not offical CBS material.......but it is pretty good.
Matthew 7:15

Offline tarobbsessed24

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2010, 09:28:28 PM »
i noticed in the preview after the TAR 17 finale that ALL S18 teams except mel and mike were shown in a row   :cmastree
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 09:38:12 PM by tarobbsessed24 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective

Online Leafsfan

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2010, 10:27:25 AM »
Rip apskip

Map Maker (Just Pm me!)

Custom Search