Author Topic: TAR7: Brian Smith & Greg Smith - Brothers  (Read 8379 times)

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • "For old time's sake..."
TAR7: Brian Smith & Greg Smith - Brothers
« on: December 19, 2009, 12:30:43 AM »
Okay, since we're in the off-season, and spoilers seem slim, I thought I'd create a little diversion for us. Let's discuss the teams from a past season who don't have threads. How about TAR 7?

BRIAN & GREG
Brothers

Brian & Greg are brothers from Santa Monica, California. Brian is an actor/bartender and Greg is a bouncer. Their primary motivation for participating in the Race is to travel the world with each other and meet new people.

Brian, the older of the two, graduated from Central Missouri State before moving to Los Angeles. Brian is at heart a competitor whose greatest accomplishment in life was starting every basketball game his high school varsity season after being cut the prior two seasons.

Greg graduated from Auburn University with a B.S. in Radio, Television and Film. In addition to earning his degree, Greg also saw playing time as a walk-on football player at Auburn. Competitive like his brother, Greg’s favorite hobbies are playing basketball with his brother, tennis and horseback riding.

These two brothers are confident and ready to compete. Despite their limited traveling experience and knowledge of the Race, they’re ready for the adventure of their lives.
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline Coutzy

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Is it really that time again?
Re: TAR7: Brian Smith & Greg Smith - Brothers
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 03:20:55 AM »
Should have listened when Phil said Travel Safe.

Offline TARAsia Fan

• TAR/TARA Updater
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 07:53:13 PM »
They were fun guys.
Just here to visit.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 01:17:17 PM »
One of my favorites! Too bad they got killed by a no-bunching leg. :cmas13
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 03:13:56 PM »
Hooky,
They did not get killed by the no-bunching leg from the beds in the middle of the desert to the Khwai River; that's just where they underperformed. They failed to find the water tower, which set them back a lot after starting last but close behind some other teams. That made them last arriving at the log drag task. In fact since Uchenna and Joyce and Gretchen and Meredith both had to go back and redo part of the final task, the fact that both teams stayed ahead of Brian/Greg is testament to how far behind Brian/Greg really were. Even with a bunched leg, some team still has to be last.

Offline Hooky

• The Oracle of AR
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 07:09:16 PM »

Hooky,
They did not get killed by the no-bunching leg from the beds in the middle of the desert to the Khwai River; that's just where they underperformed. They failed to find the water tower, which set them back a lot after starting last but close behind some other teams. That made them last arriving at the log drag task. In fact since Uchenna and Joyce and Gretchen and Meredith both had to go back and redo part of the final task, the fact that both teams stayed ahead of Brian/Greg is testament to how far behind Brian/Greg really were. Even with a bunched leg, some team still has to be last.

I know that, but it was frustrating that there wasn't some way for them to catch up.

Offline valor boreal

• RFF Jr. Member
  • OS Race Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 07:38:54 AM »
Hooky,
Didn't Lynn and Alex have 2 vehicle changes as well?

Offline Dånooky

• RFF's Wasabi Bomber
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 07:43:01 PM »
Funny tidbit of information: Since 2010, Brian has had a recurring role in The Big Bang Theory as Zack
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1705502/
The story so far:
In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2011, 08:05:39 PM »
Funny tidbit of information: Since 2010, Brian has had a recurring role in The Big Bang Theory as Zack
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1705502/
I thought that was him!
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"