I apologize in advance for bringing this thread back from the dead and for going against the grain, but I just finished watching season 17 and have to share my thoughts.
I absolutely hate the fact that Nat and Kat won; they were the very last team I wanted to see get the prize. Believe it or not, I would have even preferred it if the jerk Nick won. At least Vicki would have made some money, and she seemed to be an absolute saint for putting up with him (or at least that's what the editing makes it seem like).
Super-props go to Nat for completing the race as a diabetic, but the question on my mind throughout the race has been: do physicians need more money?
Not just any physicians, but anesthesiologists. They are on the "ROAD" to happiness, which is a collection of specialties with the optimal combination of compensation and lifestyle (read: most money for the least work).
I would have had mad respect for them if they had donated half their earnings to charity, or maybe even shared them with the second and third place teams. But did they do any such thing? No! They greedily kept it all.
Conclusion: Nat and Kat seem nice and friendly on the surface, but they come off as absolute jerks for not sharing their winnings with anyone. Given that anesthesiologists had a mean compensation of $419,596 per year in 2009 , this behavior is super-greedy and inexcusable.
 Medical Group Management Association, Physician Compensation and Production Survey: 2010 Report Based on 2009 Data
EDIT: Yes, I did make an account just for this; that's how strongly I feel about the issue.
I'm not a fan of that season, and I wasn't rooting for Nat & Kat, but...
1. Nearly half of their winnings go to taxes
2. Medical school is really expensive
3. I don't think them not sharing the money is greedy, I really don't. I know that isn't much of a defense, but there really is no response to that one.
4. They and Jill & Thomas were the best two teams, so they "deserved" to win.
5. Brook & Claire in their bio bragged about making a six-digit salary, and Kevin makes over 100k from his videos on Youtube. I personally believe doctors should be payed more than these people.
6. What about Brendan & Rachel, Rob & Amber, Ethan & Jenna, and Jordan & Jeff? They raced for $1 million and they already got it at least once, and all they did was sit in a house or starve on a beach.
This probably won't change your opinion of Nat & Kat, but debate is always welcome in my opinion.
Welcome to RFF, PinappleSkin!!!!