Author Topic: Throwing Comps  (Read 4037 times)

Offline bluepearl

• RFF Not So Newbie
Throwing Comps
« on: August 12, 2010, 08:27:29 PM »
Is it just me, but is this the season where nobody wants to be HOH? It's like every week with these people. I understand that sometimes it can help but it's ridiculous. But the Brigade need to compete so I don't hate them so much. Nobody is targeting them it's ridiculous. They are ALWAYS in the same room. I write this before the results of the sixth HOH, but I bet the Brigade is hoping that Brendon wins and will suck at this competition yet again.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 05:20:06 PM by bluepearl »

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Throwing Comps
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2010, 09:34:41 PM »
Is it just me, but is this the season where nobody wants to be HOH? It's like every week with these people. I understand that sometimes it can help but it's ridiculous. But the Brigade need to compete so I don't hate them so much. Nobody is targeting them it's ridiculous. They are ALWAYS in the same room. I write this before the results of the sixth HOH is crowned, but I bet the Brigade is hoping that Brendon wins and will suck at this competition yet again.

I don't know if they sucked (on purpose) at the comp but from what I could see only Lane was anywhere near Brendon. I think the brigade is about to implode.
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Will4Pres

• RFF Full Member
  • I Thought There Was No Chill Town
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 11:07:07 PM »
it totally seems like no one wants to be hoh...

no one has felt like a true target except for B/R
I think Hayden has even commented that he'd let Matt do the dirty work.

Offline Paisley

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Vintagerie Ephemera Ye Olde Curio Shoppe
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 12:24:04 AM »
Good call, Pearl.  I really noticed it during tonight's comp.  During the show, it looked like Hayden and Lane were in the lead, but then I saw the comp photos here and how Brenden blew them away.  My first thought was they all threw the comp.  No question.  No one wants to get their hands dirty. 

I guess throwing comps is good Brigade strategy, but watching the game gets so boring for us when everything plays out perfectly like it seems to be for them. 

Let's band together and give Regan some great ideas on how to sabotage the Brigade's game plan!  He needs to be made aware there are other people in the house working together to get him out in a hurry.  Maybe that will make the Brigade think twice about throwing comps and realize their safety is in jeopardy.

Offline northernlite

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 11:03:59 PM »
If they had an award for throwing comps Enzo and Lane would win hands down.  Enzo could also win the ass kissing comp.  :asskiss

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 07:18:13 PM »
LOL! good one!
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Kacper

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 10:30:09 PM »
If they had an award for throwing comps Enzo and Lane would win hands down.  Enzo could also win the ass kissing comp.  :asskiss

Hahahahaha  :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
Survivor: San Juan del Sur premieres Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8/7C on CBS
The Amazing Race 25 premieres Friday, September 26, 2014 8/7C on CBS

Offline northernlite

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 08:46:42 PM »
If I were Kathy I would cry and complain like Brandon did that all the competitions are geared towards people that are different than me.  Then maybe we would get the ironing competition or how many loads of laundry can you sort in 5 minutes competition.  For Enzo we could get the how many times can you use "yo" in a typical conversation competition or the dreaded fart comp.  Hayden would be the hands down winner in the spider roping competion...watch out Peter Parker. :whew

Offline Paisley

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • Vintagerie Ephemera Ye Olde Curio Shoppe
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 09:16:08 AM »
Interesting...several times yesterday I caught Enzo, Lane and Hayden discussing who they want to win the next HOH, Britney or Ragan, followed by how they need to wait to win until the week after.  Looks like throwing comps is a legitimate part of their strategy.

Offline Belle Book

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • CONGRATULATIONS TO NAT & KAT, WINNERS OF TAR 17!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 05:21:34 PM »
Interesting...several times yesterday I caught Enzo, Lane and Hayden discussing who they want to win the next HOH, Britney or Ragan, followed by how they need to wait to win until the week after.  Looks like throwing comps is a legitimate part of their strategy.

Well, Hayden & Lane look like genuine physical threats.  I think that's why they're throwing the competitions -- to make themselves look less threatening.  It's a legitimate strategy -- if you're a physical threat to win HOH or POV competitions, you might get voted out.  Ask James from Big Brother 6 and Big Brother All-Stars as well as James from Big Brother 9 about what happens when you win competitions too often.  As for Enzo, his alliance is protecting him so he probably doesn't feel the need to try all that hard.

Belle Book