Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 392862 times)

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #75 on: August 15, 2012, 12:48:18 AM »
Yeah, I figured the wording wasn't entirely perfect, but Argentina fits better with Chile and Peru than it does with Brazil and Paraguay, if that makes sense. Can anyone think of a better description for the two groups?

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #76 on: August 15, 2012, 12:52:56 AM »
Mercosul isn't valid , right?  :lol:
100% commitment makes everything easy
99% commitment makes everything hard

Online Alenaveda

• TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • R.F.F. Game Host A.A.R.G. 11
« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2012, 09:03:12 AM »
Yeah, I figured the wording wasn't entirely perfect, but Argentina fits better with Chile and Peru than it does with Brazil and Paraguay, if that makes sense. Can anyone think of a better description for the two groups?

Mercosul isn't valid , right?  :lol:

tarflyonthewall:
Please, read again my previous post.  The division I suggested to you (and even Declive's one with Mercosur and Andean Countries) is the best that you can have.
If you took Declive's, the list of countries go to this:

Mercosur:  Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Brazil and Venezuela.
Andean Countries:  Chile, Bolivia, Peru, Equador and Colombia.

That is exactly the same I gave you previously (with the exception that Venezuela fits in both of Declive's descriptions).  As I told you before, the Andes Mountains divide the continent in two, and historically this division has defined the way we gathers the nations of the continent as the colonial times did also (Argentina, Uruguay and Paraguay were - until the Independence War in the 19th. century - part of the same spanish viceroyalty; Chile was a separated one; Peru, Equador and Bolivia were part of the same one; Colombia and Venezuela form another; and Brazil was a colony from Portugal).

Declive and I both live in South America, so we know exactly what are we talking about.  Any other way of putting the countries into groups only for what you saw in the differents legs of TAR is forced and incorrect.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 09:52:58 AM by Alenaveda »
"When you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains - however improbable - must be the truth." - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

"No person deserves your tears, and who deserves them will not make you cry." - Gabriel García Márquez

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2012, 11:13:41 AM »
Yeah , Alenaveda is right. I think this is the best way to qualify South America.

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • oh you speak french? oh man that's deep
« Reply #79 on: August 17, 2012, 07:06:42 AM »
Have you noticed that by time, Ethan & Jenna were the first team eliminated in TAR19?
Think about it. They arrived on the mat first and were EL'd by Phil before Ron & Bill, therefore they were the first team to be eliminated. But going by positions is another story.  :)

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2012, 01:19:48 PM »
It didn't occur to me that way! But that's indeed.... TRUE! :ascared

Kinda hated the double elimination...

Offline maxen

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2012, 02:55:34 PM »
Have you noticed that by time, Ethan & Jenna were the first team eliminated in TAR19?
Think about it. They arrived on the mat first and were EL'd by Phil before Ron & Bill, therefore they were the first team to be eliminated. But going by positions is another story.  :)

I remember that in the finale intro they showed Ethan & Jenna as the first in the list of eliminated teams, followed by Ron & Bill.

Offline Faith511

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2012, 07:12:37 AM »
Eric and Danielle didn't  win any leg but the last. Well, eric won legs with jeremy but none in all stars

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #83 on: November 02, 2012, 10:55:45 PM »
Eric and Danielle didn't  win any leg but the last. Well, eric won legs with jeremy but none in all stars

Danielle was basically "follow the leader" in both seasons just trying to make it through each leg. Never won with her bestie in season 9 and never won a leg until the San Francisco final leg.
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2012, 09:56:22 AM »

Danielle was basically "follow the leader" in both seasons just trying to make it through each leg. Never won with her bestie in season 9 and never won a leg until the San Francisco final leg.

There is ample room to knock Danielle. However, if you believe that the task in the Old Mint in the finale of AR11 was crucial then Danielle essentially won AR11 for her team.

I do NOT believe that, as that finale was won in the taxi segments preceding the Old Mint. Why World Race Productions decided to not show any of the to/from Grateful Dead House and time there when there was huge time shown in Hawaii that had no impact on the outcome of this race has been and remains a mystery to me. I consider it a rare example of very bad judgment for WRP.

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #85 on: November 03, 2012, 01:36:09 PM »
Danielle won the race for her team for being gossipy.. she even admitted it herself. She will discuss this and that with Eric on the race and they discussed a lot about the other teams in private, that was what pushed them to solve the code quickly. :(

But I wouldn't want BQ's or Charla and Mirna to win. If only Chas were there.... :'(

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #86 on: November 03, 2012, 02:35:53 PM »

There is ample room to knock Danielle. However, if you believe that the task in the Old Mint in the finale of AR11 was crucial then Danielle essentially won AR11 for her team.

I do NOT believe that, as that finale was won in the taxi segments preceding the Old Mint. Why World Race Productions decided to not show any of the to/from Grateful Dead House and time there when there was huge time shown in Hawaii that had no impact on the outcome of this race has been and remains a mystery to me. I consider it a rare example of very bad judgment for WRP.

I would have to agree with you, apskip. Danielle did win the race when it counted the most. All-stars was really frantic about flight situations and that made my head spin that season (Eric & Danielle being booted from a plane, stand-by lists, Charla & Mirna's Kuala Lumpur flight lead). It seems like WRP is now cutting down on reasonable editings since I remembered in the first leg in season 20 when Kerri & Stacy were thought to be leaving on the first flight after the starting line task, but stumbled onto the last flight with everyone else. I still don't know if they got lost driving from Santa Barbara to Santa Monica which you follow the highway to get to or something big happened to their car. Also questioned when they arrived at the Paraguay Pit Stop when it was night time. I believe Kerri started the bottle dance RB when it was at noon or the afternoon. I don't see how she would take all dusk long and not use up all the bottles and arrive at the Pit Stop without the penalty.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 02:40:51 PM by RachelLeVega »
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #87 on: November 03, 2012, 08:22:21 PM »
Didn't Kerri and Stacy have a flat tire on the way? I think I remember an Insider vid and a convo w/ them  about how glad they were that dad had made them change a tire!
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline supah

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #88 on: November 03, 2012, 08:39:15 PM »
It seems like WRP is now cutting down on reasonable editings since I remembered in the first leg in season 20 when Kerri & Stacy were thought to be leaving on the first flight after the starting line task, but stumbled onto the last flight with everyone else. I still don't know if they got lost driving from Santa Barbara to Santa Monica which you follow the highway to get to or something big happened to their car.

The Amazing Race - Kerri & Stacy Are Prepared

The cousins from Mississippi show off their tire changing skills on the way to LAX.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/P-3fzcV3U7M" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/P-3fzcV3U7M</a>

Also questioned when they arrived at the Paraguay Pit Stop when it was night time. I believe Kerri started the bottle dance RB when it was at noon or the afternoon. I don't see how she would take all dusk long and not use up all the bottles and arrive at the Pit Stop without the penalty.

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,26900.msg722558.html#msg722558

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2012, 11:39:46 AM »

Thanks supah3ro!  :tup: I have all my Mississippi girls mysteries answered. :hearts:

It seems like WRP made them look rather like boring southern moms rather than full of fun, racers. *Adds Kerri & Stacy sass*  :monroe:
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 12:33:48 PM by georgiapeach »

Offline AmazingRace

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Yup, we didn't win. Damn.
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2012, 09:56:11 AM »
I love Season 10 the best! It had the most diverse cast ever!  :cmas9

My favourite moment was when Dustin & Kandice beat Tyler & James and Rob & Kimberly who took the Fast Forward!

:cmas23

There are some others too! :D How about yours?  :cmas22

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • HEHEHEHEHEHE
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2012, 10:09:21 AM »
Dustin and Kandace getting their Yield karma and Bama even nearly winning the leg with the Yield.

Self-driving legs ROCK. :cmaslol

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2012, 11:01:19 AM »
Erwin and Godwin faking to go for the Fast Forward.

Offline Mug Costanza

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2012, 04:25:01 PM »
Erwin and Godwin in the Seattle airport with the water guns getting confiscated by airport security! :lol:
"I defy you to come up with a better name than Seven!"
"Alright... how 'bout Mug? Mug Costanza!"

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2012, 05:04:00 AM »

GMTA ;D

I liked all the teams in Season 10 except for Rob & Kimberly and Peter & Sarah.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2012, 06:20:29 AM »
Erwin and Godwin in the Seattle airport with the water guns getting confiscated by airport security! :lol:

Offline Glamazon Racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Don't wanna go to heaven without raising hell. ♥
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2012, 09:17:46 AM »
TAR10 is one of my least favourite seasons actually. The main reason is that (not counting teams eliminated withint the first three legs who appeared awesome and we never really go to see) I completely hated the cast. Out of the Final Eight teams, I LOVED Dustin & Kandice, was OK with Peter & Sarah and just completely despised the rest. It was a little painful to watch Karlyn as well... :res: And if was VERY painful to watch that pointless alliance tbh...

But TAR10 did have a great route for the most part.
I'd rather walk alone than let them throw dirty confetti. ♥

Offline Air

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2012, 10:52:41 PM »
TAR10 is one of my least favourite seasons actually. The main reason is that (not counting teams eliminated withint the first three legs who appeared awesome and we never really go to see) I completely hated the cast. Out of the Final Eight teams, I LOVED Dustin & Kandice, was OK with Peter & Sarah and just completely despised the rest. It was a little painful to watch Karlyn as well... :res: And if was VERY painful to watch that pointless alliance tbh...

But TAR10 did have a great route for the most part.

Bama and the sixpack was awesome KTY. :hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

Offline ianthebalance

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2012, 11:17:53 PM »

Ironically, that was the reason I didn't like the cast, it seemed like they were trying to hard to be diverse.

Offline Best Loser

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2012, 09:56:48 AM »
The Sixpack alliance is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen on this show. The cast of TAR21 was getting dangerously close to Cho levels of stupidity.