Author Topic: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions  (Read 392977 times)

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Previous TAR Seasons Discussions
« Reply #575 on: December 16, 2017, 03:31:55 PM »
Chuck & Wynona beating Jessica & John at the surfboard roadblock was one of the best edited segments in the HD era. I literally felt just as frantic/panicked as Jessica with John having not used the Express Pass

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #576 on: December 16, 2017, 04:38:04 PM »
Currently re-watching Oz Vs. NZ, and I really can't understand why it's so underrated.  ???  This is the first time I've watched it since the original airing, but even then I remember really enjoying it.

- The route's fantastic - Visited all 6 Continents.
- There's a number of All-Star worthy tasks.
- Every Leg is jammed with tasks.  Way more than the standard RB, Detour, Pitstop we're accustomed to nowadays.  :groan:
- The Teams!!! Great cast.. Some of my all time favourite teams in Sally & Tyson, Cat & Jesse... and Eh... John & Murray.  :escape

I've always considered Oz 2 as the measuring stick all other seasons should aspire to reach, so following it was always going to be tough, but it did a really good job of living up to the expectations, even it is a gimmick season.

Even though the ratings sucked, the quality warranted a renewal alone.  I'll just continue to pray for a return, or if nothing else, an All Star season to at least give the Oz version a proper send off.

It's not even underrated. Some people outright hate it. 

For me, I enjoyed it very much. TARAu2 is the best of the 3, no question. But seasons 1 and 3 are very close. All three seasons,  honestly, are the gold standard for international TAR franchises. At least in terms of production and casting. And really, TARAu was better than most of the TARUS seasons that came during and after TARAu's run.

Offline tDawg

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #577 on: January 03, 2018, 01:06:06 AM »
Hi all, I just finished season 29 and totally love this show!

I know the winners for both the All Star seasons, along with season 5 and 10. Wish I didn't!

Is every season worth watching?

Please recommened seasons to watch.

Thanks

Offline toanglobal

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #578 on: January 04, 2018, 04:33:19 AM »
I feel FF teams had a great run for some time:

S17: Nat/Kat 1st
S18: Kisha/Jen 1st
S20: Nary/Jamie 6th (they completed 8 out of 12 legs so they kind of lasted long?)
S21: Natalie/Nadiya 4th
S22: Mona/Beth 3rd
S23: Ally/Ashley 5th
S24: Caroline/Jennifer 2nd
S25: Amy/Maya 1st
S27: Tiffany/Krista 4th

S28 and S29 were just horrible for FF teams :(

ANYWAY, I've probably posted this before but I'm gonna repeat myself: TAR used to put so much effort in editing, especially eliminations (even in the HD era!) These days they quickly dismiss them in 30 seconds and throw in a lame confessional. Rewatch these eliminations to know what I'm talking about:

TAR 17:
- Gary & Mallory (6th)

TAR 18:
- Margie & Luke (8th)

TAR 19:
- Bill & Cathi (5th)
- Kaylani & Lisa (9th)

TAR 21:
- Natalie & Nadiya (4th)
- Abbie & Ryan (5th)
TAR Asia and in lesser extend TAR Israel have many strong F/F teams, TAR Asia from season 2 always have at least two F/F teams in F5, TAR Asia 2, TAR Asia 5 and TAR Israel 3 all have 3 F/F teams in F5, Debbie & Dana is the best mother/daughter teams ever, they won some Double-Battle in first attempts.
https://realityfanwiki.obfuscatereality.com/index.php?title=Debbie_%26_Dana
For TAR 20 If Misa & Maiya didn't overlook pitstop, I thought Nary & Jamie had a chance to survive longer!

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #579 on: January 08, 2018, 01:47:14 PM »

I know the winners for both the All Star seasons, along with season 5 and 10. Wish I didn't!

Thanks

WELCOME!  :cmas22

You must be fairly new to the show?  Which seasons have you seen so far?  ???
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Lexie

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #580 on: January 08, 2018, 02:52:15 PM »
I love any roadblock/detour that involves animals.  Who can ever forget "My ox is broken?" 

And hay bales... absolutely epic

Offline BourkieBoy

• Aussie Updater (TAR and Survivor)
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I'm a Reality Television Nerd!
« Reply #581 on: January 08, 2018, 09:27:49 PM »

Thanks

Personally, I prefer Seasons 22, 25 and 27 for the mordern seasons and for the older ones, 5, 7 and 9 are good!

If you want drama WATCH SEASON 3!!!

Also watch some international versions! Great ones include TARAus 2, China Rush 1, 2 and 3 and TAR Isreal

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #582 on: January 08, 2018, 09:28:29 PM »
I liked 21 and 23 a lot, too! Much more than 22 anyway.

This is probably biased as it was my first season watched in full, and not just strayaway episodes, but season 17 is one of my favorites in the entire franchise.

Offline ZA-TAR-fan

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #583 on: January 09, 2018, 01:44:54 AM »
I love any roadblock/detour that involves animals.  Who can ever forget "My ox is broken?" 

Llamas are always entertaining to have.

Offline Granth

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #584 on: January 09, 2018, 10:26:47 AM »
I liked 21 and 23 a lot, too! Much more than 22 anyway.

This is probably biased as it was my first season watched in full, and not just strayaway episodes, but season 17 is one of my favorites in the entire franchise.

Agreed, the Twinnies and Tim/Marie alone were more entertaining than any team from the season in between them: those Newlyweds were a poor man's Jon/Kelly and, worse, handed the win to the Hockey Brothers in the name of popularity instead of getting them out.

And the Cycle of the Watermelon is indeed a top three/five season (it's my #4).

Offline dryedmangoez

• RFF Frantic Poster
    • DryedMangoez.com
« Reply #585 on: January 09, 2018, 02:36:05 PM »
TAR8/Family Edition has a fuller, more entertaining and competitive cast than most of the HD seasons, tbh.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #586 on: January 13, 2018, 02:26:42 PM »
I was reading Brenchel's All Stars post-finale interview and they felt their original season - Season 20 - was much harder and more competitive, which is jarring for a racer to say considering this was supposed to be "All Stars."

Looking back, S20's cast was probably one of the most competitive casts, at least in the HD era. Most teams hated each other and there were no stupid alliances (I'm looking at you, S21, 22, 23, 24... just to name a few).

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #587 on: January 19, 2018, 03:44:42 PM »
I was browsing a totally random funny images website and I found this familiar couple from TAR Can 4!

Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline SuzieTampa

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #588 on: January 20, 2018, 09:30:37 AM »
In my Hulu binge, I'm about to finish Season 4. I was really disgusted with the groping (or legitimate fear of sexual assault) endured by women in the India leg. I hope TAR has gotten better about keeping contestants safe.

Offline Maanca

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #589 on: January 20, 2018, 10:07:10 AM »
In my Hulu binge, I'm about to finish Season 4. I was really disgusted with the groping (or legitimate fear of sexual assault) endured by women in the India leg. I hope TAR has gotten better about keeping contestants safe.

Jaree on the train threatening to punch the guy out? Sad to say that's one of the only moments I remember from that season. It was really bland.

Actually it almost happened with one of the cheerleaders on Season 27 in India. The guys were all getting close to her while she was doing the biking Roadblock.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #590 on: January 20, 2018, 10:17:56 AM »
Season 21 has one of the best narratives IMO.

It starts out pretty bad/slow but once they hit Russia it becomes the Amazing race we know. From James & Abba losing their passports to the infamous Twinnie U-Turn strategy against Abbie & Ryan to the Twinnies losing to the Goat Farmers shy of the F3 to the Goat Farmers taking the million in the end against a 3-team alliance. Just wow!!

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #591 on: January 20, 2018, 10:19:35 AM »

Jaree on the train threatening to punch the guy out? Sad to say that's one of the only moments I remember from that season. It was really bland.

Actually it almost happened with one of the cheerleaders on Season 27 in India. The guys were all getting close to her while she was doing the biking Roadblock.

That Season 27 Roadblock was really uncomfortable to watch. I'm surprised they let a night leg in India happen in the modern era.

Offline RaceUntilWeDie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #592 on: January 20, 2018, 10:24:41 AM »
I think the Season 28 premiere is underappreciated.  Yes, there's no classic starting line.. Yes, it starts off very gimmick-y, but a night Detour, HoO, and a Roadblock all in one leg?!  And all three tasks are actual tasks, compared to like, that Roadblock in 24's premiere (the weird one with the spinning nonsense). 

And a big big plus to those who hate the new editing style:  ALL ELEVEN teams are actually shown picking up clues and completing the tasks (I'm pretty positive on this one... I just rewatched the premiere the other day :lol: ).
Needed to quote this after Sesson 30's horribly edited premiere.

Offline shitzophrenic

• RFF Newbie
« Reply #593 on: January 20, 2018, 11:55:13 AM »
Trying to remember something from one of the early seasons of TAR. From what I recall, it was towards the end of the season (maybe 4 or 5 teams left), and I believe they were in Asia. At the end of a road block or detour (but not the pit stop), the route info card told them to go to a location in a city that was a few hundred miles away.

It was late in the day, and the teams quickly realized there was no public transportation that would go to that city until the next morning. A few teams checked into a hotel for the night, but 1 or 2 teams managed to separately hire a private driver, or a mini-bus, or ?? (some sort of non-public transportation) to drive them to the next location.

I remember reading an interview with Phil (or one of the producers) after the fact saying that they had to scramble and barely got to the location ahead of the teams, and had never guessed the teams would be resourceful enough to use non-public transportation.

This is not the incident in Season 1 where 2 of the teams were able to buy train tickets but Momily (and Guido?) got left behind and ended up hours ahead.

Thanks!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #594 on: January 20, 2018, 12:00:40 PM »
:welcome2:

The answer may be in our WIKI...but we'll ask wiki master G.B as well!

http://realityfanwiki.com/index.php?title=Portal:The_Amazing_Race
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline G.B.

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • I WRITE THINGS!!
    • Youtube
« Reply #595 on: January 20, 2018, 03:20:33 PM »
That actually does not sound familiar to me at all...
Come check out the Reality Fan Wiki! The LARGEST Amazing Race database on the internet!!! (probably)
--Got something you're curious about? You'll probably find the answer on the Wiki!

Offline RachelLeVega

• RFF TAR Updater
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Fearless of ticket agents - too hot to be handled!
« Reply #596 on: January 21, 2018, 05:29:14 PM »
Trying to remember something from one of the early seasons of TAR. From what I recall, it was towards the end of the season (maybe 4 or 5 teams left), and I believe they were in Asia. At the end of a road block or detour (but not the pit stop), the route info card told them to go to a location in a city that was a few hundred miles away.

It was late in the day, and the teams quickly realized there was no public transportation that would go to that city until the next morning. A few teams checked into a hotel for the night, but 1 or 2 teams managed to separately hire a private driver, or a mini-bus, or ?? (some sort of non-public transportation) to drive them to the next location.

I remember reading an interview with Phil (or one of the producers) after the fact saying that they had to scramble and barely got to the location ahead of the teams, and had never guessed the teams would be resourceful enough to use non-public transportation.

This is not the incident in Season 1 where 2 of the teams were able to buy train tickets but Momily (and Guido?) got left behind and ended up hours ahead.

Thanks!
Maybe this was season 4 during the Sabah to Poring Hot Springs starting leg in Malaysia? ???
<3 Family, friends, food, freedom...FULFILLED <3
Countries "raced": Greece (2019), Italy (2017), Switzerland (2017), Taiwan (2016), U.S. (WA 2013, CA [S.F. 2014, L.A. 2023], TX 2021, IL all the time)

Offline NMC

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Formally nmccarroll91 🇮🇪
« Reply #597 on: January 22, 2018, 12:32:13 PM »

Thanks!

The only bit that sounds familiar to me is where production barely made it to the Pitstop before the teams.  I'm thinking this was S11?  ???  But as far as the rest goes I don't really remember anything like that.  :duno:
.... The World is Waiting! ....

Offline Palperro

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • aka Paldog aka Paldog123456
« Reply #598 on: January 22, 2018, 12:45:11 PM »
Lately I've been interested in Russian culture and such and was wondering, which is the best TAR episode in Russia? I like the season 13 ones but are there others I should take a closer look at?
Por ti volaré

Offline Marionete

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • The sky's more blue
« Reply #599 on: January 22, 2018, 02:26:44 PM »
Leg 6 of TAR17 is probably my favorite.