December 22, 2014, 12:21:33 AM

Author Topic: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation  (Read 57618 times)

Offline kiki

• RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Amazing Race Australia - Speculation
« Reply #250 on: April 15, 2011, 07:42:15 AM »
I have heard rumours of Krakow too, the river looks very similar, but I cant find a matching photo or satelite view to confirm it.

There is a bridge on the background. It looks like an old-fashioned one with arches, but the bridges I've managed to found in Krakow, on the Vistula river they don't look similar.
Joab's TARA- Kiki & Co-racer. Hitting the BlackJack tables in Macau
Sam's race- Kiki & Philimination, Scrubling in Shibuya 7176JPY

Offline Kiwi Jay

• 'giz us a geez'
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Bring on TAR25
« Reply #251 on: April 15, 2011, 11:51:47 PM »
They didn't visit the Phillipines
'We are the makers of music, and the dreamers of dreams' - 'To roam the roads of lands remote, to travel is to live'.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #252 on: April 18, 2011, 06:44:54 AM »
We're overlooking the obvious, I think. This fits with the timing and all known facts:

Start: Melbourne
Leg 1: Lombok (presskit pics confirm, among other things, that the graveyard Detour task is replaced by the bakso-selling from TARA1 and that the rappelling is a RoadBlock)
Legs 2/3: Vietnam (Vung Tau from TARI and Hue from TARA3)
Leg 4: Macau via Hong Kong (Macau spoilered, HK mentioned by name in commercial)
Legs 5/6: South Africa (Skydive landsite in ads looks like Garden Route Pit Stop from TARI, "red liquid into funnel" task in Anastasia/Chris commercial is likely the Wine task recycled from that TARI leg and the TARA4 visit to NZ)
Leg 7: Krakow via Germany (Preview with the "we've only been here for 30 mins" comment clearly shows the Old Opera House, also seen in TARA2)
Leg 8: Israel (yeah... not going over this one again)
Leg 9: Italy (rumoured to be where the Stockmen were flying to from Tel Aviv, though it's not a logical connection to Colombo, and they've made a point of putting the Colosseum into every preview ad)
Leg 10: Sri Lanka
Leg 11: Singapore
Leg 12": Perth

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #253 on: April 18, 2011, 10:33:02 PM »
We could soon get a possible leak of all destinations! On May 1, Pump Water will start a promotion where you can win a trip to the international destinations of The Amazing Race Australia. Would love to see the Terms & Conditions of this competition when it starts! T&Cs for competitions are quite strict in Australia and hopefully outlines the conditions in detail:

http://www.facebook.com/pumpaustralia
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #254 on: April 20, 2011, 11:31:57 PM »
In one of the previews, Richard and Joey appear to be bald when reading the clue at St. Pauls Ruins in Macau. Fast Forward, explaining how they got an earlier flight to Cape Town?

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #255 on: April 26, 2011, 11:14:08 PM »
It seems fairly clear that the skydive landing site -- in a deserty area -- is also functioning as a Pit Stop. But the preview with all the "fly to..." clue readings suggests fairly strongly that the first South African Pit Stop is in a treelined area (Alana & Mel's reading of the Cape Town clue is far too posed). Since there are no deserts in any of the other surrounding areas, and we know every task from the Indonesia episode (abseil in Melbourne, rice-throwing ritual, bakso-selling/fruit-balancing Detour, and the scuba/money task), does that imply the skydive happens in Israel? The landscape does seem similar to where Grant is in his "Watch out world... the Aussies are coming!" bit too.

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #256 on: April 27, 2011, 09:23:40 AM »
It seems fairly clear that the skydive landing site -- in a deserty area -- is also functioning as a Pit Stop. But the preview with all the "fly to..." clue readings suggests fairly strongly that the first South African Pit Stop is in a treelined area (Alana & Mel's reading of the Cape Town clue is far too posed). Since there are no deserts in any of the other surrounding areas, and we know every task from the Indonesia episode (abseil in Melbourne, rice-throwing ritual, bakso-selling/fruit-balancing Detour, and the scuba/money task), does that imply the skydive happens in Israel? The landscape does seem similar to where Grant is in his "Watch out world... the Aussies are coming!" bit too.
The aircraft they are jumping out of ( ZS-PSG Cessna 550 Citation Bravo ) is registered in South Africa...
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #257 on: April 27, 2011, 09:34:57 AM »

tarflyonthewall,

I concur with your geographic assessments. These legs are in areas with no deserts:

Melbourne
Bali
Hue
Macau
Frankfurt
Sri Lanka
Freemantle

Israel is virtually all desert. Within reasonable driving distance from Capetown, South Africa are 5 deserts:

Atlantis Dunes
Namib
Karoo (note- some would consider these two to be consolidated as the Namib Karib)
Richtersveld
Kalahari (this is really quite a distance)

Offline the_insider

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #258 on: April 29, 2011, 12:40:42 AM »
Noticed this comp just advertised.

http://www.fox.com.au/win/the-amazing-race-australia

Watch out world, the Aussies are coming! The Amazing Race Australia is coming soon to Channel Seven, and the FOX can give you the chance to see it first.

Eleven teams will give the race a distinctively Aussie feel when they embark on a 50,000 kilometre, 4 continent, 12 country, 23 city adventure.

With Grant Bowler hosting, and the teams racing across Africa, Europe, Asia and the Middle East for the chance to win $250,000, this show will be amazing!!

So get a head start on the race with the FOX Exclusive Preview Screening at Village Cinemas Crown.

This is MUST see television and you MUST see it at the Exclusive Premiere!

Monday 9th May 2011
Village Cinemas Crown
6pm Refreshments & Popcorn
6.30pm - Exclusive Screening Starts
8pm Screening concludes

To win this Exclusive experience, please enter your details below and get ready to RACE!

Does this mean screening will start that night or that week?  I note that there are 4 eps of the US series still to screen here, but there is a double episode on next Wed 4th.  That would still leave another 2 before the Wednesday 930 timeslot opens up.

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #Bellarke ♥
« Reply #259 on: May 02, 2011, 04:14:43 AM »
The US season will air two eps on May 4th and the 2-hour finale on May 11th in Australia, so that means that if TAR Aus is taking a Wednesday timeslot, it can do so on the 18th.

I'm assuming that the Australian version will air on Channel Seven and not on Mate?
This space is dedicated forevermore to Poland's Next Top Model.

Baby I could build a castle, out of all the bricks they threw at me.

~Team Missy & Baylor~

Offline the_insider

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #260 on: May 08, 2011, 08:44:52 PM »
Ch 7 have started screening some promos for it, and TARA will commence next Monday 16th May at 8:30pm.  Not long to wait now.

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #Bellarke ♥
« Reply #261 on: May 10, 2011, 09:48:59 AM »
Ch 7 have started screening some promos for it, and TARA will commence next Monday 16th May at 8:30pm.  Not long to wait now.

And according to the Channel Seven website's TV Guide:

http://au.tv.yahoo.com/tv-guide/73/0/5/21/

The premiere will be 90 MINUTES!!!!!!!! :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess: :yess:

~Team Missy & Baylor~

Offline #HEEL

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #262 on: May 10, 2011, 10:25:34 AM »
No title though. Hrmm...

Offline racer

• "Expelliarmus"
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • #Bellarke ♥
« Reply #263 on: May 12, 2011, 09:07:06 AM »
No title though. Hrmm...
I'm about 99% sure that they won't give a title, althoug h I really badly hope they do. My Kitchen Rules didn't have episode titles this year, and neither do some other Channel Seven shows. I hope they  decide to use titles. though... :duno:

~Team Missy & Baylor~

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #264 on: June 20, 2011, 08:03:37 PM »
So, there is only 1 all girl team left! There was also one eye witness account that there was an all girl team spotted in Perth. Could this mean the blondes have made it to the final three  :duno:

This is pure spec but based on other sitings and whats happened so far in the show here is my final three prediction (in no particular order):

*  Sam and Renae
    Reason: evidence of 1 all girl team driving in car with camera crew in Perth.

* Anastasia and Chris
   Reason: evidence a m/f team in Perth in late 20s(?) male a bit taller and older than female. This could also be Dave and Kelly, however Dave is about the same height if not shorter and also a lot older looking. Odds would favour Anastasia and Chris as they are younger and fitter.

* Jeff and Luke
       Reason: only based on an all male team spotted in Perth one in red shirt one in yellow. No cowboy hats were spotted. Luke has worn an all yellow shirt before (in Lombok) also with a cap on backwards. The photo in Israel airport counter with the cowboys also shows a tall fit man with an all yellow shirt and cap on backwards. Also Jeff often wears a redish/pink t-shirt.

Any thoughts?
"I wish the world was flat like the old days, and I could travel just by folding a map."

Offline BayBay

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #265 on: June 20, 2011, 10:44:28 PM »
So, there is only 1 all girl team left! There was also one eye witness account that there was an all girl team spotted in Perth. Could this mean the blondes have made it to the final three  :duno:

This is pure spec but based on other sitings and whats happened so far in the show here is my final three prediction (in no particular order):

*  Sam and Renae
    Reason: evidence of 1 all girl team driving in car with camera crew in Perth.

* Anastasia and Chris
   Reason: evidence a m/f team in Perth in late 20s(?) male a bit taller and older than female. This could also be Dave and Kelly, however Dave is about the same height if not shorter and also a lot older looking. Odds would favour Anastasia and Chris as they are younger and fitter.

* Jeff and Luke
       Reason: only based on an all male team spotted in Perth one in red shirt one in yellow. No cowboy hats were spotted. Luke has worn an all yellow shirt before (in Lombok) also with a cap on backwards. The photo in Israel airport counter with the cowboys also shows a tall fit man with an all yellow shirt and cap on backwards. Also Jeff often wears a redish/pink t-shirt.

Any thoughts?

Yeah I have been thinking this since the start. We discussed it on the Facebook page as well. It makes sense!

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #266 on: June 21, 2011, 07:02:55 AM »
Consider the possibility that some of the 3 teams mentioned are decoys and not the real F3.

Think about which teams have been consistently at the top in ARAus. That would be Tyler/Nathan and Matt/Tom. There are no guarantees that they made the F3, but I would be surprised if 3 out of the 4 weakest teams still in the competition made the F3.

Offline tarflyonthewall

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #267 on: June 23, 2011, 02:25:45 AM »
But Chris/Bambi and Jeff/Luke aren't that weak either. Especially since we've seen first-to-last situations all the time, I'd say the spoiler is very plausible.

So, remember that big season preview they gave us at the start of the Vietnam episode? There's only one shot left we haven't seen yet -- Sam & Renae crying in an empty field with a couple of trees. Given the route is now known (Week 7 in Plzen, Week 8 in Krakow, Week 9 in Israel, Week 10 in Sri Lanka, Week 11 in Singapore, Week 12 in Perth), it's either from this week or next week. With the piece of arm on the right of the image, it looks to me like it's a Pit Stop shot with two teams there at the same time, and given they're definitely crying in the clip I'd say they were the last two teams, and whoever that arm belongs to is getting eliminated. It looks like the arm is too slender to be Dave or Kelly, we know the farmers are safe (seen in Israel booking a flight to Sri Lanka), and Perth spoilers suggest the final three are Sam/Renae, Jeff/Luke, and Chris/Bambi, it must mean Tyler & Nathan are the next team booted. Would it be possible to tell whether this pic is in Plzen or Krakow?

Here's my theory:

Week 7 - Plzen. NEL. Tyler/Nathan (now first) and Sam/Renae (now last) are in the same shot in the brewery clip, so either there's a full bunch somewhere, or more likely, Tyler/Nathan get Yielded/U-Turned and fall behind.
Week 8 - Krakow. Tyler/Nathan booted, possibly by MFE penalty?
Weeks 9/10 - Israel/Sri Lanka: One leg is a NEL, one is Dave/Kelly's boot.
Week 11 - Singapore: Farmers booted.
Week 12 - Perth: Finish line, final three teams are Jeff/Luke, Chris/Bambi, Sam/Renae.

Offline north09

• Amazing Race Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #268 on: June 24, 2011, 04:30:55 PM »
So all of this is based off an arm at the edge of a screen cap of S/R crying in an empty field? My guess would be that this shot is at a task in which the girls are struggling. The only solid thing is that M/T make it to Isreal. This race will probably still use decoys, so I can easily still see the girls being eliminated soon. These past episodes have been close calls for them.

Offline Declive

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Ashamed of being brazilian.
« Reply #269 on: July 15, 2011, 12:30:49 AM »
spoilers go in the SPOILER threads only please, and it is not necessary to post them in more than one place.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 04:52:20 AM by georgiapeach »
"I don't drink. But when i do , i become another person. And that one , drinks a lot."

Offline Jobby

• TAR & RFF Fanatic
  • TAR Detectives
  • I Live at RFF
  • #BestSeasonsinceTAR14
« Reply #270 on: July 18, 2011, 12:12:03 AM »
Chris and Bambi and Dave and Kelly are not in the F3 apparently.

With evidence of one all-girl team driving in Perth and an all-male team in Yellow spotted...

I still can't believe it if Nathan and Tyler are eliminated next. HOWEVER, if they do come in last next leg (per preview) and has a 30 minutes Marked For Elim.. it could be possible.

And then this theory might afterall, make sense.. if Sam and Ranae are last to pitstop but due to the 30 minutes penalty, Nathan and Tyler are eliminated from the race?

Shocking.. but not impossible? :duno:
We are all misfits living in a world on fire.

Offline redskevin88

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #271 on: July 18, 2011, 05:23:29 AM »
Chris and Bambi and Dave and Kelly are not in the F3 apparently.

With evidence of one all-girl team driving in Perth and an all-male team in Yellow spotted...

I still can't believe it if Nathan and Tyler are eliminated next. HOWEVER, if they do come in last next leg (per preview) and has a 30 minutes Marked For Elim.. it could be possible.

And then this theory might afterall, make sense.. if Sam and Ranae are last to pitstop but due to the 30 minutes penalty, Nathan and Tyler are eliminated from the race?

Shocking.. but not impossible? :duno:

Nathan & Tyler are safe...

http://forum.realityfanforum.com/index.php/topic,23636.msg622272.html#msg622272

Offline #HEEL

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #272 on: July 19, 2011, 12:07:40 PM »
Some thoughts founded on nothing in particular.

As per the promo that flashed all the country names, we know Singapore and Sri Lanka are left. We've already had the final 4 NEL, so where does Singapore fit in?

My theory is that Singapore is an interim final leg destination, like Hawaii in TAR 6. Teams will go here and do something, then fly to Perth to run the rest of the leg.

Offline Aussie

• RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #273 on: July 19, 2011, 07:07:35 PM »

As per the promo that flashed all the country names, we know Singapore and Sri Lanka are left. We've already had the final 4 NEL, so where does Singapore fit in?

My theory is that Singapore is an interim final leg destination, like Hawaii in TAR 6. Teams will go here and do something, then fly to Perth to run the rest of the leg.

But what about Egypt? Was channel 7 just making it up or what?  :duno:

Offline RichInSydney

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2011, 07:33:39 PM »

But what about Egypt? Was channel 7 just making it up or what?  :duno:
Not sure where you got Egypt from apart from the non-specific title credits?

Coutzy: The finale will be Monday August 1, so my guess is a 1.5 or 2 hour episode. Therefore there may be 2 options:

1. The Sri Lankan leg is another NEL.
2. There is an elimination in Sri Lanka and Singapore is an excuse to do a quick task before Perth as you mentioned.

There is still a possible 1 more NEL according to the press kit. To have 2 in a row this close to the end would be silly but not impossible. Either that or they think a continuation leg is classed as a NEL?

Custom Search