Author Topic: Project Runway Season 8  (Read 2352 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Project Runway Season 8
« on: July 06, 2010, 03:23:42 PM »
Project Runway, Season 8 premieres Thursday, July 29, 2010 at a new time — 9 pm ET/PT and is now 90 minutes long. The time change is to allow more footage of the workroom. What will happen to the "Models Of the Runway" is unclear. The show airs on Lifetime channel.

I lost interest when the lost season finally aired but Season 7 was back in form and the designers were on their game, this season should be even better with the expanded time.  I do hope they fill the 1/2 hour left with the models because they add to the show with their insight on the designers and their work.

90-Minute 'Project Runway' Premieres July 29
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
Published: June 29, 2010

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- A bigger ''Project Runway'' is coming to a television near you.

Host Heidi Klum says each episode will be 90 minutes when the reality show returns July 29 on the Lifetime network. That's 30 minutes more drama each week -- and that's just how Klum likes it.

''We did get always a few complaints from people that they wanted to see a little bit more, which we were obviously very excited about,'' she said in a phone interview. ''So now we have half an hour more.''

That means 30 minutes more drama each week, which this season is set to include ample tears and ambulance visits for three contestants who collapsed on the set.

''We never had that happen before,'' Klum said.

Source: http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2010/06/29/arts/AP-US-TV-Project-Runway.html
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Re: Project Runway Season 8
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 12:06:29 PM »
Contestant news:

Denver fashion designer Mondo Guerra to compete on Project Runway season 8
July 12, 11:32 PM Denver Gay Culture Examiner  Remigio Darby

Denver audiences of Good Morning America may have recognized a familiar face on Monday. Project Runway’s fashion “fab four” Heidi Klum, Tim Gunn, Michael Kors, and Nina Garcia made an appearance on the program to promote the upcoming season 8 launch of the fashion reality sensation on Lifetime. During the previews for the new cycle, viewers caught a brief glimpse of the show’s new cast which included Denver fashion designer Mondo Guerra.

Guerra has established a presence in the Denver fashion scene with his innovative designs and unconventional style. His 2007 “Project Tamarac” victory and subsequent 2009 “Style Wars” win prove that his talent and vision make him a worthy competitor. His appearance on the Project Runway video teaser aired on Monday’s Good Morning America confirms the rumors that he was chosen as a season 8 designer.

To continue: Examiner.com
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.