Author Topic: Big Brother Saboteur: Discuss it here!  (Read 38931 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Big Brother Saboteur: Discuss it here!
« on: June 30, 2010, 11:03:26 AM »

WHO IS THE "BIG BROTHER" SABOTEUR?

In a Series First, One Contestant Will Enter the BIG BROTHER House With One Goal: To Secretly Wreak Havoc on Their Fellow Contestants

Fans will Provide Unprecedented Influence over the Game as the "Saboteur" Receives Their Suggested Tasks Directly from the Audience

The producers of BIG BROTHER are implementing a major twist for this season’s batch of Houseguests that will top all past seasons.  One Houseguest, known as the Big Brother Saboteur, will enter the house to play their own game, unbeknownst to their fellow competitors. The Saboteur's mission will be to carry out viewer suggestions on how best to disrupt the lives of fellow players.

Upon moving into the house on premiere night, Houseguests will discover that one of them is not really there to win the game, but rather to sabotage their fellow players.  While the saboteur’s identity will remain a secret to the Houseguests, America will learn his/her identity on Thursday, July 15, during the first LIVE show.  At that time, fans can begin offering suggestions for how the saboteur should disrupt the game.  The longer the saboteur is able to maintain their anonymity while carrying out their fan-inspired sabotage, the more financially rewarding it will be for them.  For instructions on how to submit suggestions to the Big Brother Saboteur, visit http://www.cbs.com/bbtwist.

"We've inserted a game piece into the show this season that will make life for the Houseguests harder than ever before," stated Allison Grodner, Executive Producer of BIG BROTHER.  "This is a twist that will wreak havoc on the house and the audience will be a part of it."

Following the premiere on Thursday, July 8 (8:00–9:00 PM ET/PT), BIG BROTHER will be broadcast three nights weekly, beginning Sunday, July 11 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), Wednesday, July 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) and the LIVE eviction show, hosted by Julie Chen, beginning Thursday, July 15 (8:00–9:00 PM, live ET/delayed PT).
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
Re: Big Brother Saboteur: Discuss it here!
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2010, 02:51:34 PM »
Didn't the TV Guide snippet say there were going to be 14 people in the house this year? If that's the case, only 13 are listed and none of the people announced are this saboteur person.

EDIT: Okay, final number is 13? Meaning that one of these people isn't playing for the money? Who agreed to do this?
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 03:03:04 PM »
Will posted in the other thread that someone backed at out at the last minute...so only 13 now.

And it says that if the saboteur makes it halfway, there is a financial "incentive".
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• RFF's Goodwill Ambassador
  • I Live at RFF
  • No more wire hangers EVER!
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 07:44:01 PM »
 not only will the "sab" get loot but for sure BB will manipulate everything to make this idea work.  :ascared

Will posted in the other thread that someone backed at out at the last minute...so only 13 now.

And it says that if the saboteur makes it halfway, there is a financial "incentive".
zero, zilch, nada, nothing!

Offline kcphilly

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • FB
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2010, 08:34:08 PM »
when I first heard about the latest twist I was feeling mixed remembering how Eric got screwed being producers...errrr americas player.  but if the person already knows going into it it could be ok...i guess.  very interested to see how it will actually work though cause people are gonna be so suspicious of everyone.  and if it's things the audience is voting on, I mean is it gonna be "squirt mustard on jen's shirt" type of crap again?  or they're told to vote the opposite way for evictions were possibly someone america likes get evicted to "keep it interesting"   ok the more I think about the more I am not liking this idea lol.

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2010, 08:40:51 PM »
Yeah i don't like it either but it's BB!! they always gotta mess with stuff, us, them  :ugot

I think the "sab" could be Andrew - he's already gonna stand out cuz of his religious beliefs and  restrictions. and NO ONE would want him on their team  for any comps cuz he may not be able to participate due to his observances.

and it's the perfect set up in my eyes for BB's new twist, cuz we all know they will manipulate the saboteur's situation so he can stay.

Question: Do they make Kosher SLOP?? :lol3:

Offline kcphilly

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • FB
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2010, 10:25:44 PM »
how could I forget so quickly - BB hates us!  :'(

Also I don't really get why BB will be announcing this so soon to the HGs.  Will just have to wait and see how they are gonna pull this off.  I mean the last time they had a Saboteur it was Josh changing the time on the potato clock season 1.  Ooh how far the show has come from then. 

Offline yecal59

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2010, 12:06:17 PM »
This is all going to depend on what the saboteur has to do.  Usually the America's Choice stuff is soooo obvious.  Like hugging people for 15 seconds that it doesn't make it fun.  Also if the HGs know so early, then they will really be watching everyone like a hawk for strange activity or activity that is just far outside of someone's character. 

Still looking forward to the season, but don't think the saboteur will make it very far at all.

Offline LLeif885

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2010, 03:17:29 PM »
From what I read I don't think they are going to let the HGs know what is going on.  The CBS brief also specifically says they will let "America" know who it is on the live eviction night.  I imaging (hope) they will do that without the HGs listening in.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2010, 07:11:57 AM »
how could I forget so quickly - BB hates us!  :'(

So true!  :lol3:

KC's in the house!  :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy: :jumpy:
The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2010, 09:30:01 PM »

Upon moving into the house on premiere night, Houseguests will discover that one of them is not really there to win the game, but rather to sabotage their fellow players.  While the saboteur’s identity will remain a secret to the Houseguests, America will learn his/her identity on Thursday, July 15, during the first LIVE show. 
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline LLeif885

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2010, 12:21:57 PM »

Upon moving into the house on premiere night, Houseguests will discover that one of them is not really there to win the game, but rather to sabotage their fellow players.  While the saboteur’s identity will remain a secret to the Houseguests, America will learn his/her identity on Thursday, July 15, during the first LIVE show. 

Oh WOW... I think this just shows that I don't read carefully enough... that is something I'm going to have to straighten out before the season begins  :lol:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 01:22:05 PM »
No worries...I am still wishing they would NOT us who it is..much more fun to try and guess! (or "detect" it, :lol: )!!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Board Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2010, 03:36:47 PM »
Based on the twitter action I'm reading about this subject, it appears that it is being suspected that Andrew is the Saboteur because he is an actor. We shall see.....

Offline ugot2bekidinmeny

• I Live at RFF
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2010, 08:06:55 PM »
 :lol: well that's good that  I may be on the right track this season!! :wohoo:

however  after seeing Kristen's interview I think she can be it as well since she can't look STRAIGHT even into the camera!! :lol3:

Offline Sonoerin

• RFF Not So Newbie
  • There's One in Every Crowd
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2010, 08:24:55 PM »
Anything that will keep the HG's awake during the day will be good for me.  Some of the twists over the years have been kinda lame, and this could be as well.  However, if production does indeed let everyone know that there's a saboteur, then that should spark some real fights ... without the addition of any alcohol :D

Offline kcphilly

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
    • FB
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2010, 08:49:12 PM »
they could have a twist within a twist and make someone seem completely obvious as the sab when they're really just a red herring.  Still not getting why the HGs are gonna know about this so early.  If they were told about some of the other twists like the twin switch, america's player, the HGs would have figured out who it was in a week or two.  I hope they have a back up twist if this fails  :lol:

Offline Melissa1972

• Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Sr. Member
  • Live and let live
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2010, 08:57:09 PM »
they could have a twist within a twist and make someone seem completely obvious as the sab when they're really just a red herring.  Still not getting why the HGs are gonna know about this so early.  If they were told about some of the other twists like the twin switch, america's player, the HGs would have figured out who it was in a week or two.  I hope they have a back up twist if this fails  :lol:

I think the only thing that makes the saboteur different from America's player is that the houseguests will know that they exist...of course paranoia will be high which might make for better viewing...  I just hope this does not turn into the mole with everyone pretending to be the saboteur...

I'm sure BB will have a backup twist if they cannot manipulate the sab into staying....the producers will have so much fun psyching the players out in the diary room....that is what I would really like to be let in on
« Last Edit: July 04, 2010, 09:01:34 PM by Melissa1972 »

Offline Mandoli

• hahahaha NO!
  • Big Brother Updaters
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »
they could have a twist within a twist and make someone seem completely obvious as the sab when they're really just a red herring.  Still not getting why the HGs are gonna know about this so early.  If they were told about some of the other twists like the twin switch, america's player, the HGs would have figured out who it was in a week or two.  I hope they have a back up twist if this fails  :lol:

They didn't get that one before it was officially revealed. They didn't know about the twins until the appropriate time.
I thought that when we fought, I was to blame
Now I know you play a different game
I've seen you dance with danger; still wanting more
Add another number to the score

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2010, 05:39:32 AM »
Anything that will keep the HG's awake during the day will be good for me.  Some of the twists over the years have been kinda lame, and this could be as well.  However, if production does indeed let everyone know that there's a saboteur, then that should spark some real fights ... without the addition of any alcohol :D

:welcome: to RFF Sonoerin!! I like the keep awake idea!! :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Sonoerin

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2010, 08:52:40 PM »

:welcome: to RFF Sonoerin!! I like the keep awake idea!! :yess:
Thanks so much Peach (if I can be so familiar :D )

I really miss the old days when the HG's actually had to do something during the day to earn their room and board so to speak.  The feeds really grew tiresome the past few seasons.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2010, 09:12:56 PM »
Peach it is!! :hugs:

It used to be obvious that all the HG's were told to get up, get moving, and entertain us :yess: during Showtime....people used to go change clothes, put on makeup...and at least try to "put on a show". Remember sock puppets?? I kniow I heard HG's say they had to go earn their keep....

That seemed to fall by the wayside the last couple of seasons.... plenty of REALLY boring nights.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Sonoerin

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2010, 09:37:31 PM »
I kniow I heard HG's say they had to go earn their keep....

That seemed to fall by the wayside the last couple of seasons.... plenty of REALLY boring nights.
I got so frustrated last season that I just stopped even looking at the feeds.  I can't help but think sales are down for Real Networks.  Production needs to come up with something to keep them active during the day ... competitions for food, or for some other reward.  Heck, I don't know, anything's got to be better than watching 'em sleep.

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Assistant Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2010, 09:42:51 PM »
LOL on sock puppets. I was SO glad when the sock puppet show ended.    :snicker:  It was entertaining though to watch them get ready. Some seasons they don't even clean, that alone would earn their keep. You are so right about staying awake during the day. BORING to watch them sleep.

Welcome to RFF Sonoerin!

:welcome2:

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.

Offline Sonoerin

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2010, 09:53:18 PM »
Welcome to RFF Sonoerin!
Thanks! I appreciate the welcome :ty