Author Topic: Re: "Around the World for Free!"  (Read 95879 times)

Offline captjoe06

• RFF Not So Newbie
    • Good Morning Gloucester
Re: "Around the World for Free!"
« Reply #100 on: July 27, 2010, 08:14:58 AM »
The Video is now live-

Jeff Schroeder From CBS Amazing Race and Big Brother Walks the Greasy Pole In Gloucester Ma Video From Good Morning Gloucester

http://goodmorninggloucester.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/jeff-schroeder-from-cbs-amazing-race-and-big-brother-walks-the-greasy-pole/

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #101 on: July 27, 2010, 08:37:45 AM »
Thanks so much for the video captjoe06 even though you left us hanging at the end  :lol:

I guess we'll just have to wait for the webisode to see if the lobstah was saved.

Offline captjoe06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #102 on: July 27, 2010, 08:51:57 AM »
Thanks so much for the video captjoe06 even though you left us hanging at the end  :lol:

I guess we'll just have to wait for the webisode to see if the lobstah was saved.

That was a little courtesy to Zsolt.  After the webisode airs I'll post everything.

Just thought it was the right thing to do. :)

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #103 on: July 27, 2010, 09:37:18 AM »
captjoe6, It's kind of ironic that when I was over at the CBS site last night, it just happened to be right after Jeff asked everyone where he was going.  I correctly answered Gloucester.  Unfortunately, the CBS web monkeys don't allow a user to scroll through all of the responses.  It's as if I never replied.

Anyway, more importantly, I noticed that Jeff's flashing blue button was in "downtown" Gloucester for quite awhile last night.  Was that because he, you, and others were at The Crows Nest?

Also, didn't Jeff bring swim trunks with him on his trip?  I'm sure that the women will enjoy seeing him in his skivvies but for us guys?... :groan: 

Now on the other hand if Jordan was near nekkid, then that's another story  :-[

Thanks again for the article, photos, and video.

Offline RealityFreakWill

• Big Brother Sho2 Updater
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • WILL & JAMES AMAZING RACE 32 CHAMPIONS!
    • Facebook
« Reply #104 on: July 27, 2010, 10:11:00 AM »
Amazing Race's Jeff Schroeder Traveling The World Without Money

In the past year, Jeff Schroeder has seen it all. He not only survived an extended stay in the Big Brother house, but he came within sniffing distance of the final two and was ultimately voted “America’s Favorite Juror.” After a guest appearance on The Bold and The Beautiful, he tackled The Amazing Race with his girlfriend, BB winner Jordan Lloyd. Now, Jeff is setting off on his own as the host of Around the World for Free, a Web series for CBS.com that will take him across the globe for 100 days with no money and with viewers determining where he goes, how he gets there and where he stays. Schroeder talks with PEOPLE about what he’s packing, what he’s willing to eat, why this show is a dream come true and how he and Jordan make their long-distance relationship work. –Reagan Alexander

You have said that doing a travel show was your ultimate dream and now it’s been realized. How does it feel?
Not to be too philosophical, but I’ve learned that anything can happen if you really believe in it and want it enough. I’ve been saying it for a long time and I know that BB and The Amazing Race were springboards for me to get this show. But it’s an amazing feeling to realize a dream.

So many things can go wrong in 100 days. Are you nervous?
If you look for problems or if you go out looking for the bad, then you’re going to find it. I have to focus on the positive and keep telling myself that there are good people out there and that everything is going to be good. My attitude is that I know things are going to go well but I’m hopping things go even better!

You’re traveling with a single backpack and you have to travel around the world. What are you packing?
I have to pack light — some shorts, some shirts. I’ll just have to pick out a few of my favorites. I wore my Saint Anthony chain on BB and Amazing Race, but I think my parents are getting me a St. Christopher chain. He’s the patron Saint of travelers, so it’s just going to be, my backpack, my Saints and my camera guy.

Are you catching up on your world cultures or are you going into this fully blind?
Obviously I’m no world traveler but I kind of want to go in blind. I want to learn as the audience learns. I think I’m an average, everyday guy and I want everyone else to be on my page. I want to go into this with an open heart and open eyes.

You’ll be depending on strangers for food. Is there anything you won’t try?
I’m going to try everything at least once even if it’s disgusting. I can only imagine that it’s rude to throw up after a meal, but there may be a few instances where that happens. I have to be open to new cultures and new cuisines — it would be rude not to, so I’m just hoping that my stomach can handle it.

You’re going to be relying on others for shelter as well. What can you offer as a house guest?
I’m going to help out any way that I can. I really enjoy cooking, but I don’t really know the ins and outs of a kitchen. I can whip something together but more than anything, with the cameras there, we’ll be showing the way that they live and showing their culture as they see it, not just from an outsider’s point of view.

How are you and Jordan doing?
We’ve had our bumps but no break-ups and everything is going great. We only get to see each other every two weeks or so. We have to travel back and forth but we vacation together and do a lot of fun things together. Lately I’ve been busy with the show and she’s been busy with school, but having to work with a long-distance relationship really worked out for us because when we finally get a break from what we’re doing we’re so excited to see each other. So far, so good.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/07/26/jeff-schroeder-around-the-world-free-amazing-race/

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #105 on: July 27, 2010, 12:29:42 PM »
Current status of Jeff's whereabouts...

He went from NY to Boston and he's checking out the history in the city and he's thinking of heading to DC by train but needs help with that to happen

To follow on twitter, the ID is atwfflive

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #106 on: July 27, 2010, 01:00:59 PM »
From CBS : Jeff in Charlotte:

Offline captjoe06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #107 on: July 27, 2010, 01:03:43 PM »
Amazing Race's Jeff Schroeder Traveling The World Without Money

In the past year, Jeff Schroeder has seen it all. He not only survived an extended stay in the Big Brother house, but he came within sniffing distance of the final two and was ultimately voted “America’s Favorite Juror.” After a guest appearance on The Bold and The Beautiful, he tackled The Amazing Race with his girlfriend, BB winner Jordan Lloyd. Now, Jeff is setting off on his own as the host of Around the World for Free, a Web series for CBS.com that will take him across the globe for 100 days with no money and with viewers determining where he goes, how he gets there and where he stays. Schroeder talks with PEOPLE about what he’s packing, what he’s willing to eat, why this show is a dream come true and how he and Jordan make their long-distance relationship work. –Reagan Alexander

You have said that doing a travel show was your ultimate dream and now it’s been realized. How does it feel?
Not to be too philosophical, but I’ve learned that anything can happen if you really believe in it and want it enough. I’ve been saying it for a long time and I know that BB and The Amazing Race were springboards for me to get this show. But it’s an amazing feeling to realize a dream.

So many things can go wrong in 100 days. Are you nervous?
If you look for problems or if you go out looking for the bad, then you’re going to find it. I have to focus on the positive and keep telling myself that there are good people out there and that everything is going to be good. My attitude is that I know things are going to go well but I’m hopping things go even better!

You’re traveling with a single backpack and you have to travel around the world. What are you packing?
I have to pack light — some shorts, some shirts. I’ll just have to pick out a few of my favorites. I wore my Saint Anthony chain on BB and Amazing Race, but I think my parents are getting me a St. Christopher chain. He’s the patron Saint of travelers, so it’s just going to be, my backpack, my Saints and my camera guy.

Are you catching up on your world cultures or are you going into this fully blind?
Obviously I’m no world traveler but I kind of want to go in blind. I want to learn as the audience learns. I think I’m an average, everyday guy and I want everyone else to be on my page. I want to go into this with an open heart and open eyes.

You’ll be depending on strangers for food. Is there anything you won’t try?
I’m going to try everything at least once even if it’s disgusting. I can only imagine that it’s rude to throw up after a meal, but there may be a few instances where that happens. I have to be open to new cultures and new cuisines — it would be rude not to, so I’m just hoping that my stomach can handle it.

You’re going to be relying on others for shelter as well. What can you offer as a house guest?
I’m going to help out any way that I can. I really enjoy cooking, but I don’t really know the ins and outs of a kitchen. I can whip something together but more than anything, with the cameras there, we’ll be showing the way that they live and showing their culture as they see it, not just from an outsider’s point of view.

How are you and Jordan doing?
We’ve had our bumps but no break-ups and everything is going great. We only get to see each other every two weeks or so. We have to travel back and forth but we vacation together and do a lot of fun things together. Lately I’ve been busy with the show and she’s been busy with school, but having to work with a long-distance relationship really worked out for us because when we finally get a break from what we’re doing we’re so excited to see each other. So far, so good.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/07/26/jeff-schroeder-around-the-world-free-amazing-race/

We were a bunch of places, the beach, the harbor, Passports Restaurant and yes The Crows Nest. 

Here's the latest round of pics from dinner-

Passports For Dinner With Jeff Schroeder, Director Zsolt,John the Cameraman, The Rabbit and Benny Goodman-
http://goodmorninggloucester.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/passports-for-dinner-with-jeff-schroeder-director-zsoltjohn-the-cameraman-the-rabbit-and-benny-goodman/

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #108 on: July 27, 2010, 01:29:17 PM »
We were a bunch of places, the beach, the harbor, Passports Restaurant and yes The Crows Nest. 

Here's the latest round of pics from dinner-

Passports For Dinner With Jeff Schroeder, Director Zsolt,John the Cameraman, The Rabbit and Benny Goodman-
http://goodmorninggloucester.wordpress.com/2010/07/27/passports-for-dinner-with-jeff-schroeder-director-zsoltjohn-the-cameraman-the-rabbit-and-benny-goodman/

Thanks cptjoe6. After seeing your latest pics, Jeff's flashing blue dot must have been at Passports.

And after seeing the lastest CBS video, I wouldn't mind seeing Jordan's mom on the pole.  Yum! 

And, finally, my detective skills are off.  Jeff did fly first class.  He must have flown on a new AA regional jet.  The ones I fly don't have first class.

Offline slpdx

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #109 on: July 27, 2010, 03:57:05 PM »
One day in and it's already been great, love his stops in the US (as I did Alex's) but can't wait for him to leave the Country.  The new website is awesome. 

Thanks CaptJoe06 for the pics/story, looking forward to your future posts, and can't wait to see Zsolt's finished product of Day 1.

And the Charlotte video, so sweet to see, anyone who ever thought they kept they're relationship going just for TAR can put that to rest.  They definitely have some very strong feelings for each other.

Offline cupcake

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #110 on: July 27, 2010, 04:21:02 PM »
Thanks for all the pics and video, captjoe06!!!  Looks like ya'll showed Jeff a good time!  I've been glued to my computer all day again......don't know if I'll ever get anything done til this show ends.  LOL

The video of Jeff saying bye to Jordan was sweet and sad.  Jeff had me in tears at the end.  I love those 2!!!  Thanks for posting it, Pedaler!

Thanks for the articles, RFW!

Offline captjoe06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #111 on: July 27, 2010, 04:23:42 PM »
The Latest Video will be posted at 6pm on GMG and many more to come.  I have about 30 more pictures to release over he next two days too.

Jeff sleeping on my daughter's beanbag chair is a riot and others.

Offline cupcake

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #112 on: July 27, 2010, 04:35:43 PM »

:jumpy:  Can't wait!

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Re: "Around the World for Free!"
« Reply #114 on: July 27, 2010, 05:23:22 PM »
Thanks for sharing this!! I am SO happy that Blue Mama lived to swim another day.... YAY for Jeff!

But  :-[ ...

I do wonder what color she would have turned if cooked!! :lol:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline captjoe06

• RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #115 on: July 28, 2010, 06:23:24 AM »
Good Morning Reality Fan Forum Friends-

In today's Installment of The Adventures With Jeff and Zsolt we have pictures from sleeping arrangements on day 1 in our basement/children's playroom and video of Jeff and Zsolt talking about how high the bar has been set for the rest of the season.

http://goodmorninggloucester.wordpress.com/2010/07/28/amazing-race-and-big-brother-contestant-jeff-shroeder-talks-about-day-1-in-gloucester-shooting-for-cbs-around-the-world-for-free/
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 06:28:02 AM by captjoe06 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #116 on: July 28, 2010, 07:55:18 AM »
I agree..Gloucester is looking pretty amazing!! Laughing at the beanbag and kiddie sleeping bags...

Thanks again for sharing the adventure with us! :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline Pedaler

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • I love Reality TV!
« Reply #117 on: July 28, 2010, 08:17:15 AM »
Thank you so much , captjoe06.   You are the MAN!!!!!!!    

I thoroughly enjoy all your posts, photos, and video.  I agree that you have set the bar high.

Sometime when you have a chance, can you explain the process of how you got Jeff, Zsolt, and John to visit you?

Edited to Add :  Article in captjoe06's  local paper:

July 27, 2010

One in 100 million
By Steven Fletcher
 Staff Writer

Captain Joe & Sons wholesale lobster dealership processes more pounds of the crustacean than co-owner Joey Ciaramitaro can remember.

But the lobster boats have now offered up something virtually unique: an albino lobster.

Local lobsterman Mike Tupper brought the white shellfish in on the Freemantle Doctor last Friday. The 21/2-pound lobster's carapace was colored a blue-tinted white — starkly contrasting with the rest of the ruddy brown catch.

Ciaramitaro, also well known as blogger extraordinaire with his GoodMorningGloucester, said Tuesday that this lobster stood as one of the only two albinos he has handled in his lifetime on the docks, beginning at the age of 9.

Bill Murphy, senior biologist at the New England Aquarium in Boston, said Tuesday that only one in every 100 million lobsters would carry the albino shell, claws and tail.

Lobsters — usually a reddish brown — can come in varied colors. Murphy said the shellfish can appear orange, yellow — and, in rare cases, blue and white. Lobsters, according to both Ciaramitaro and Murphy, even appear with two colors, split perfectly down the center.

However, every color but white will turn the traditional red when boiled, according to William Alder, executive director of the Massachusetts Lobstermen's Association.

The albino isn't the only "mutant lobster," as Ciaramitaro refers to them, landed at his business even this month.

Last week, he said, a lobster boat brought in a lobster with a triple pincer claw. That shellfish weighed in at nearly 3 pounds.

Over the years, Ciaramitaro said lobsters and crabs of all colors and numbers of claws have crossed onto his landing.

Ciaramitaro said he's even stopped calling aquariums about unusual shellfish after officials became unwilling to pick up the crustaceans for study. So, despite their unique looks, the "mutant lobsters" go out to vendors just like their run-of-the-mill cousins.

One exception, however, was the albino lobster landed last week.

The same week the Freemantle Doctor landed the shot-in-the-dark shellfish, Jeff Schroeder, who has been a contestant on both CBS's "Amazing Race" and "Big Brother," visited the Gloucester wharves and was hosted by Ciaramitaro family's for the show "Around the World For Free." This year's "Amazing Race" also reportedly kicked off in Gloucester last month.

On Monday, Ciaramitaro left the lobster's fate in Schroeder's hands.

He presented two envelopes, one that read "eat the lobster," the other "free the lobster."

One would have had the albino lobster cooked, providing Schroeder with all the lobster he could eat; the other required him to walk Gloucester's famed Greasy Pole off Pavilion Beach to, as Ciaramitaro put it, "earn the right to release the lobster."

Schroeder chose to walk the pole, and Mark Ring of the lobster boat The Stanley Thomas ferried Ciaramitaro, Schroeder, and the film crew to the pole.

Ciaramitaro confessed in an interview Tuesday that the "eat the lobster" envelope really said to release the lobster as well. And, in the end, he said the event turned out well for all, with both the lobstermen and Schroeder looking like heroes.

"It was good for CBS, Jeff Schroeder, the lobsterman," he said, "and it was good for the lobster."

Steven Fletcher may be contacted at 978-283-7000 x3447 or gt_reporter@gloucestertimes.com.

Spurce : http://www.gloucestertimes.com/local/x972391949/One-in-100-million
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 10:22:10 AM by Pedaler »

Offline walkingpneumonia

• Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Administrator
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #118 on: July 28, 2010, 11:18:01 AM »
Thanks captjoe06!

I can't believe all the publicity Gloucester is getting, what with TAR 17, ATWFF and movies being filmed there. I wonder if Jeff knew that TAR 17 started there?

Anyone want to wager how many times Gloucester gets mispronounced this September?
Glowchester? Gluekester? Glukster?
From there to here, and here to there,
funny things are everywhere

Offline slpdx

• RFF Jr. Member
« Reply #119 on: July 28, 2010, 11:38:48 AM »
Great news for AWTFF & for Jeff's travel prospects.  The website got 29,000 unique hits on the first day, hopefully they can sustain and even grow the momentum.  From what I've seen so far, they are well on their way.

http://trippedout.net/archives/58

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #120 on: July 28, 2010, 12:26:15 PM »
Jeff arrived via train to DC last night and he's touring the city today. Here's a pic of him in front of the White House taken just moments ago....

Offline RealityFreakWill

• RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
    • Facebook
« Reply #121 on: July 28, 2010, 01:27:01 PM »
Jeff met up with a troop of Boy Scouts and they gave him a free ticket to go all the way up the Washington Monument. Here's a twitpic:

Offline apskip

• Geographer Extraordinaire
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #122 on: July 28, 2010, 09:28:54 PM »
I am a bit confused by all the different places Jeff went to. Didn't ATWFF2 start in New York City, not Chicago? It appears to me that he must have gone to Gloucester and to Washington DC as part of the publicity campaign for AWTFF2. The trip to see  Jordan from Chicago (where he lives) to Charlotte and then out of Raleigh Durham to parts unidentified apparently was day 2-3 of ATWFF2. Is this correct?

Offline theschnauzers

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • An original TARfly
« Reply #123 on: July 28, 2010, 10:44:33 PM »
ATWFF didn't start until Jeff left the set of The Early Show on air -- the exact same way Alex started the first season.

(Alex spent a week or so traveling from NYC down to Florida in season one before he got out of the U.S.; it looks like Jeff is taking the same amount of time before he heads outside the U.S.)
-- theschnauzers

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #124 on: July 28, 2010, 11:00:08 PM »
Chicago and Charlotte were pre departure, I think the videos are confusing.

He left from CBS Plaza on Monday July 26...first stop Gloucester Ma, and now DC...
RFF's Golden Rule: