Author Topic: Bret Michaels  (Read 3078 times)

Offline TexasLady

• Forum Moderator
  • RFF Moderator
  • I Live at RFF
  • So much to watch, so little time!
Bret Michaels
« on: May 30, 2010, 10:08:13 PM »
Bret Michaels on 'American Idol': Rocker didn't tell docs, family about his 'Every Rose' performance

By Anthony Benigno
Daily News Writer

Thursday, May 27th 2010, 10:07 AM
Call him Dr. Feelgood.

When Bret Michaels took the stage at the "American Idol" finale Wednesday night, it was a surprise for everyone – especially his family and doctor.

"The doctors, I didn't tell them I was going to do this," Michaels, 47, told UsMagazine.com. "They're going to find out in a few minutes."

The death-defying Poison frontman has faced a slew of serious health problems recently, beginning with a brain hemorrhage in April (which the rocker jokes was the result of a lethal bout of channel-surfing between ESPN and – wait for it – "Busty Cops 3") and a "warning stroke" that occurred during his recovery. During recent tests at the hospital, doctors also discovered a hole in his heart.

Nevertheless, Michaels was back on his feet last week in time to claim the "Celebrity Apprentice" championship in New York. And despite doctors' orders, he braved a second public appearance last night, this time on one of music's biggest stages.

Despite experiencing "a lot of pain," Michaels looked happy and vibrant as he appeared on stage alongside "Idol" contestant Casey Jones to sing Poison's hit "Every Rose Has Its Thorn."

"I'm running about 75 percent realistically, physically," he told the mag, "but in my soul and my heart, I feel great."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/2010/05/27/2010-05-27_american_idol_bret_michaels_surprise_performance_was_against_doctors_orders.html#ixzz0pTNQVALU

The choices we make dictate the life we lead.