Author Topic: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*  (Read 420072 times)

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
Re: Amazing Race 17 LIVE Sightings! Tweets Go here please! *read post 1*
« Reply #375 on: June 05, 2010, 09:30:07 AM »
Darn...I'm going to miss Capri!! :lol3:

I have to say though that we may need to put this one in the tentative file:

Kakum Ntl Park  Fake  EXIF failure 

IIRC, she never said that was her picture, or when it was taken, just that it was a picture of the park, right? So it is feasible that it was hers from last year, or a random park pic put up as an example.

Just saying that we need to be alert, but also open.

Of course, I am also going to change my name from "peach" to "capriblue". :funny:

RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #376 on: June 05, 2010, 09:33:00 AM »
China Rush is done...

BUT TARA 4 is starting...so things just got MUCH more complicated.
RFF's Golden Rule:
Have RESPECT for each other, regardless of opinion. This of course includes no flaming/insulting other users and/or their posts.

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #377 on: June 05, 2010, 09:40:08 AM »
CBS Amazing Race 17 Team Aboard the Karen Lynn In Gloucester

http://goodmorninggloucester.wordpress.com/2010/06/05/cbs-amazing-race-17-team-aboard-the-karen-lynn-in-gloucester/

I beleive that is Team Turquoise and Team Red, CaptJoe! Thanks so much for the lovely photos!! :waves:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Neobie

• Amazing Detective
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
« Reply #378 on: June 05, 2010, 09:51:57 AM »
I'd doubt the credibility of Ababuo12. Her sightings began after we've ascertained that teams were headed to Ghana. She says she's a tour guide, then says she works at the airport food court. She's fed us flights to Cairo, then switched over to Italy, neither of which jives with the Frankfurt that we now have. Too many contradictions in two days as of yet...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #379 on: June 05, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »
You mean I don't get the Grotto OR the walking in the tree canopy?? Y'all are no fun today.    :gva:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #380 on: June 05, 2010, 10:16:51 AM »
You mean I don't get the Grotto OR the walking in the tree canopy?? Y'all are no fun today.    :gva:

I still believe the Capri sighting even if everyone else doesn't.  I think there is a newspaper called the Anacapri Locale out there and its not online, also looking at the article it looks like someone used a xerox machine and copied the article from the paper to the web.  Also the caduta/fall translation issue, who ever heard of an "Autumn TV Season" I haven't; it's always called the Fall TV Season.  I think that the person who wrote the article may wanted to use the word caduto because people are more familiar with the phrase Fall TV season and not Autumn TV season.  Now lets just be patient and wait for new race sightings before someone says it fake again.

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #381 on: June 05, 2010, 10:22:00 AM »
It's primavera, estate, autunno and inverno, right?
What bothers me are the Fiats; I very much doubt the producers would let the teams self-drive on Capri.

Doesn't the race use Mercedes anyway? ???

No, they used other cars; TAR9 they used Volkswagen Beetles during the 2nd leg in Brazil and they driven cars in other places like New Zealand (TAR2, 13) South Africa (1, 7) Guam (TAR11) Puerto Rico (TAR7) even if they're not Mercedes and TAR8 they driven Yukons as well.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:24:19 PM by mjriches2005 »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #382 on: June 05, 2010, 10:30:22 AM »
Okay...heading this thread back to live sightings now.....

:popcorn:

I need a smiley of me growing cobwebs waiting.  :lol:

And while we wait...search the net! Check photos, blogs, FB...our guys are out there, and Phil is missing us!
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline Chateau d If

• Captain of the Obvious
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Frantic Poster
  • Feel the Bern
« Reply #383 on: June 05, 2010, 12:14:49 PM »

I still believe the Capri sighting even if everyone else doesn't.  I think there is a newspaper called the Anacapri Locale out there and its not online, also looking at the article it looks like someone used a xerox machine and copied the article from the paper to the web.  Also the caduta/fall translation issue, who ever heard of an "Autumn TV Season" I haven't; it's always called the Fall TV Season.  I think that the person who wrote the article may wanted to use the word caduto because people are more familiar with the phrase Fall TV season and not Autumn TV season.  Now lets just be patient and wait for new race sightings before someone says it fake again.

Very good point!  The Capri writer may have seen "Fall TV Season" a thousand times and  ... (what you said)  fall = caduto   :tup:  Makes sense to me.
Bernie Sanders:  "We only go around once, we may as well make history as we go around."
Hold Me Closer Bernie Sanders

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #384 on: June 05, 2010, 01:42:17 PM »
 RT @PhilKeoghan: @JimMyKud0 you'll have to stay tuned to find out! there are plenty of surprises in store!     about 5 hours ago  via web

I dont know if this is useful or not, but Phil was twittering earlier today...

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #385 on: June 05, 2010, 01:48:35 PM »
Just found this on facebook search (posted 5 hours ago):

has arrived safely in St. Petersburg. The most interesting thing about the flight from Stockholm were the participants and cameramen of what HAD to be "The Amazing Race!" :duno:

Offline krabbe

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #386 on: June 05, 2010, 02:37:32 PM »
Hi all! I've been lurking since S10 & decided to join in on the fun.

For what it's worth, I think the Capri newspaper copy is a fake. I used to be a graphic designer for a short period of time, but it looks like the "newspaper" is actually just a normal print out which was then scanned. Notice the tell tale printer marks on some of the sentences (e.g. the last line of 2nd paragraph). Also, I believe the text in newspapers around the world are set the same way, what we call "justified alignment", to make the text align with both the left and right margins so the sides are even (am I making sense? Sorry English is not my mother tongue). It is to make the newspaper easy to read & to save space. The typesetting in the so-called Anacapri Locale was too sloppy, even for a small town publication. Anacapri is a small town near Capri, btw.
I'm also suspicious on the type of paper used, but then again this one is somewhat debatable.

Regarding "autumn" or "fall" 2010, I think we have to ask an Italian about the term they use to describe the season, but as far as I know only the US uses the term "fall" for that particular season. So it might be an American writing in English what he/she wanted to say then had the text translated to Italian without realising Italy doesn't translate it as such.

Anyway, happy hunting. Let me know if they're heading to SEA, I'll keep a lookout.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 02:47:57 PM by krabbe »

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #387 on: June 05, 2010, 02:39:50 PM »
Hi all! I've been lurking since S10 & decided to join in the fun.

For what it's worth, I think the Capri newspaper copy is a fake. I used to be a graphic designer for a short period of time, but it looks like that the "newspaper" is actually just a normal print out which was then scanned. Notice the tell tale printer marks on some of the sentences (e.g. the last line of 2nd paragraph). Also, I believe the text in newspapers around the world are set the same way, what we call "justified alignment", to make the text align with both the left and right margins so the sides are even (am I making sense? Sorry English is not my mother tongue). It is too make the newspaper easily readable & too save space. The typesetting in the so-called Anacapri Locale was too sloppy, even for a small town publication.
I'm also suspicious on the type of paper used, but then again this one is somewhat debatable.

Regarding "autumn" or "fall" 2010, I think we have to ask an Italian about the term they use to describe the season, but as far as I know only the US uses the term "fall" for that particular season. So it might be an American writing in English what he/she wanted to say then had the text translated to Italian without realising Italy doesn't translate it as such.

Anyway, happy hunting. Let me know if they're heading to SEA, I'll keep a lookout.

Thank you very much krabbe and :bigwelcome

That's the nail in the coffin I think.
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #388 on: June 05, 2010, 02:42:28 PM »
Just found this on facebook search (posted 5 hours ago):

has arrived safely in St. Petersburg. The most interesting thing about the flight from Stockholm were the participants and cameramen of what HAD to be "The Amazing Race!" :duno:

I love you caper. :<3
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline David

• RFF Frantic Poster
  • Queen <3
« Reply #389 on: June 05, 2010, 02:58:00 PM »
There is a Blue Grotto in Malta, if that helps.
I've been there and it is a great sighting to be on the Race.
My 0.02$

Offline Uncle Bill

• Honorary Amazing Race Detective
  • RFF Donor
  • RFF Not So Newbie
« Reply #390 on: June 05, 2010, 03:00:53 PM »
 :duno: Been busy and lurking now and then when time permits. I done know if it will help but i have send an email to the concierge at the capripalace hotel asking if the capri segment is true or not :duno:. When I hear back I'll let you know. As all ways keep up the good work.
I WILL TRY

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #391 on: June 05, 2010, 03:17:22 PM »
:duno: Been busy and lurking now and then when time permits. I done know if it will help but i have send an email to the concierge at the capripalace hotel asking if the capri segment is true or not :duno:. When I hear back I'll let you know. As all ways keep up the good work.

Why you don't t believe me? I'm live in italy and I'm  Italian. I assure to you that this  articol does not mean nothing, doesn't have a logical sense, the words are confused.
she(or he)is a very poor person (:;) (:;)

I would want to explain better, but my English is  very bad sorry..

Offline milanissimo

• RFF Full Member
« Reply #392 on: June 05, 2010, 03:19:48 PM »
She uses a programme like this
http://www.fodey.com/generators/newspaper/snippet.asp

The Newspaper Clipping Generator

DavidJunior

« Reply #393 on: June 05, 2010, 03:25:45 PM »
here's my 2 cents

i've taken Italian (very recently actually), and have asked about this situation too

i was told that Autunno translates into both Autumn and Fall (season)

its the only translation for the season, no if's and's or but's

just a rookie mistake while using google translate

also, i say Stockholm = transit point

and we may see Latvia, and maybe even Russia

back into the shadows i go...

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #394 on: June 05, 2010, 03:31:49 PM »
Thank you milanissimo...Yes. we know. Capri is no more.

Moving on to Stockholm--St Peterburg!!

Have written the source so y'all be nice.

So far he has also said:

it seems our flight was a part of "The Amazing Race." I did ask one of the cameramen (there was one per every team of two - there was a father/daughter, boyfriends/girlfriends, and I'm not sure who else) what show it was, but he was all mysterious.

This ties in very well with our incoming to Stockholm sighting on June 1:

Response from our Stockholm sighter:

hi, don't get to excited, i did not see a whole lot. i heard an American woman yelling "keep breathing"and a lot of people running, so i turned around to see a couple with backpacks, two camera men and couple of guys with carts filled with stuff and headphones running behind them. they run to the quite side of Stockholm airport. After a while they ran back, thats when i snapped a picture. i can not email it now because it is on my cell phone which does not work in Europe. From what i gather, it was a young lady and a guy team. i did not see any other teams though. from all i know, it might have been something else as i actually did not see the AR colors, but figured who else are running around with backpacks and cameras?

RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline caper

• StartLine Finder Queen!
  • TAR Detectives
  • RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #395 on: June 05, 2010, 03:52:49 PM »

Moving on to Stockholm--St Peterburg!!

Have written the source so y'all be nice.

So far he has also said:

it seems our flight was a part of "The Amazing Race." I did ask one of the cameramen (there was one per every team of two - there was a father/daughter, boyfriends/girlfriends, and I'm not sure who else) what show it was, but he was all mysterious.

This sounds very promising !!!!  :hearts:  Nice Peach!!!

Offline mjriches2005

• RFF Sr. Member
« Reply #396 on: June 05, 2010, 04:25:21 PM »
So if Capri is no more, than between June 1 and June 5, was there a leg in Sweden/Germany? When was the St Petersburg sighting?  Did the witness take a picture? 

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #397 on: June 05, 2010, 04:36:06 PM »
Why don't you read over the last few posts and you will see the sighting information?  It is a courtesy to your fellow posters to read the thread before you ask questions.

And this is a work in progress...we have two sightings in Stockholm airport now that nicely bookmark arrival and departure if they are correct. AND we have Phil in a place where he can spend some time on the Internet, suggesting an extended Pitstop. Our work is just beginning.

So let's go to speculation with further discussion, and maybe some of you all can start trying to research Stockholm photos, blogs etc for us?? :yess:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline georgiapeach

• Amazing Race Admin
  • RFF Administrator
  • I Live at RFF
  • TAR Detective
« Reply #398 on: June 05, 2010, 08:47:47 PM »
Just heard back from our person on the flight to St Petersburg with teams:

He says:

I am a very big fan of the show. What I can tell you is that they were on my flight to St. Petersburg. When I started to wonder about them at Arlanda airport, I approached one of the cameramen to ask what show it was. He was very vague and mysterious. He just said it was a travel show that he wasn't sure would make it on the air, implying it was a new show. I just left it at that.

There was obviously a cameraman for each team. One team of two girls was filmed close to where I was sitting. The cameraman asked them to comment on where they were going, their plan (strategy) once the arrived.

I know there was one father/daughter team, and several M/F and F/F teams. I don't know the makeup or number of teams, but there were likely 8-10 at this point.

I stood behind the father/daughter team at passport check upon arrival in St. Petersburg. The girl asked if I had a cell to borrow. I didn't. She arranged a ride on the phone, obviously having a number previously arranged. She was using her charm (attractive blonde), and her father was obviously fine with this.

I found it interesting watching the dynamic between the teams and their cameramen. In the Stockholm airport, I noticed the participants would get approval from their cameraman to leave the gate area. It seemed like approval ("we're going over there, is that alright"), though it may have just been more communication.

I am sending him some photos for comparison, hopefully he will be able to help?

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:
RFF's Golden Rule:

Offline MamaT

• TAR Detectives
  • RFF Full Member
« Reply #399 on: June 05, 2010, 09:11:15 PM »
Great job peach! :yess: